Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 499

Thread: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

  1. #211
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,931

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    No it didn't! The blog piece was an incredibly short-sighted take on the success of the stimulus at restoring economic activity. There was an imbedded link to this graph, but you made no reference to it. Not to mention, it was written in 2011 (before final revisions to the ARRA expenditures were calculated). The data from that chart turned out to be incomplete.

    The chart i provided shows what you claimed you were showing:




    Your inability to properly parrot what someone else said/wrote is not my problem. The blog piece didn't say what you thought it did. Who goes to a blog to find data for a debate on macroeconomic policy?



    I made no mention of liberalism or Obama loving. Your response fails on all accounts because you've bitten off more than you can chew, and now are trying to substitute valid thought with a bitchy attitude. Sorry, that simply won't cut it. If you don't want be called out, refrain from making ultra-partisan talking points lacking the least bit of economic rationale.
    I like your rants, but the facts are that liberalism is a complete failure. You have acknowledged that for the last 100 yrs we have run deficits. Yet what do we have to show for it. Not a damn thing except 18.2 trillion in debt and growing. With all that deficit spending we have more poor, more on food stamps, more in section 8 housing, more blacks unemployed than ever before, the labor participation rate is at it's lowest point. Etc etc etc.

    We have achieved all this by borrowing and spending, and yet you continue to champion more borrowing an spending to increase more poor, and a worse off middle class, and more blacks unemployed, and more on food stamps etc. etc.

    Then we have the top 10 poorest cities run by democrats and the top 10 most dangerous cities run by democrats in spite of all this 18.2 trillion in debt and growing... What do you not understand that liberal policies are a complete failure
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - Total Failure

  2. #212
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    38,655

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    I like your rants, but the facts are that liberalism is a complete failure. You have acknowledged that for the last 100 yrs we have run deficits. Yet what do we have to show for it. Not a damn thing except 18.2 trillion in debt and growing. With all that deficit spending we have more poor, more on food stamps, more in section 8 housing, more blacks unemployed than ever before, the labor participation rate is at it's lowest point. Etc etc etc.

    We have achieved all this by borrowing and spending, and yet you continue to champion more borrowing an spending to increase more poor, and a worse off middle class, and more blacks unemployed, and more on food stamps etc. etc.

    Then we have the top 10 poorest cities run by democrats and the top 10 most dangerous cities run by democrats in spite of all this 18.2 trillion in debt and growing... What do you not understand that liberal policies are a complete failure
    Kushinator provides actual data; you provide ignorant rhetoric. Color me unsurprised.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #213
    Educator

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Seen
    01-11-17 @ 05:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,130

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Kushinator provides actual data; you provide ignorant rhetoric. Color me unsurprised.
    Remember, facts have a liberal bias.

  4. #214
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    18,411

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    There seems to be a pattern forming here. But of course, the naysayers are going to deride this good news as well.

    U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008 - Bloomberg Business

    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Can someone in the right please concede that Obama is, and has been, GOOD for the economy?
    You're joking, right?

    These things are cyclical. However, it should have never dropped as deep as it did, or for as long as it did, and it happened after democrats took the house and senate in the 2006 elections.

  5. #215
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    26,390

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Back to the short amount of time the DEMs held the House and Senate before the Bush/Cheney meltdown during the last half of 2008.

    Is Obama responsible for the 2.2 million jobs lost during his first three months--the 10.4% UE at its peak.
    Which of course gives him a higher % overall.

    Or does McConnell get credit for 2014 being the best year in 15 years for jobs because he's a ****in liar ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    You're joking, right?

    These things are cyclical. However, it should have never dropped as deep as it did, or for as long as it did, and it happened after democrats took the house and senate in the 2006 elections.
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  6. #216
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,201

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Nonsense! You are quick to site government numbers that fit your narrative. When you're called out for misrepresentation, you hide behind your disbelief of the same government numbers you (attempted) to site.

    The word would be cite not site. I didn't realize that I'm quick at anything. That's encouraging.

  7. #217
    Tavern Bartender
    Kinky tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    01-15-17 @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    34,062

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    No it didn't! The blog piece was an incredibly short-sighted take on the success of the stimulus at restoring economic activity. There was an imbedded link to this graph, but you made no reference to it. Not to mention, it was written in 2011 (before final revisions to the ARRA expenditures were calculated). The data from that chart turned out to be incomplete.

    The chart i provided shows what you claimed you were showing:




    Your inability to properly parrot what someone else said/wrote is not my problem. The blog piece didn't say what you thought it did. Who goes to a blog to find data for a debate on macroeconomic policy?



    I made no mention of liberalism or Obama loving. Your response fails on all accounts because you've bitten off more than you can chew, and now are trying to substitute valid thought with a bitchy attitude. Sorry, that simply won't cut it. If you don't want be called out, refrain from making ultra-partisan talking points lacking the least bit of economic rationale.
    Christonacracker, can your posts be any more obnoxious? I copied in the wrong link. It was supposed to be this:

    What is Recovery.gov?

    If Nimby has no idea how to find out what stimulus money was spent and when, that isn't my fault. And unlike you Liberals, I don't claim to be perfect. I made a posting mistake. And you took my mistake and rambled on incessantly to me about crap I not only am not posting about - I don't care about it. This thread was supposed to be a cheerleading session for Obama, something which attracted you in here. I'm not a sheep. I don't give credit to any President when it isn't due.

    Bitten off more than I can chew by asking one of the resident Obama lovers to articulate what he did specifically to create private sector jobs in 2015? Nice try.

    Now, go away, please. You are boring.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #218
    Tavern Bartender
    Kinky tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    01-15-17 @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    34,062

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    I stand corrected.

    When I was double checking the linked data in my post I missed the 110th Congress, where the Dems did indeed control the house.

    Thank you for pointing that error out.

    However the senate was 49-49 (+2 independents), so with Mr. Cheney as the Senate tie-breaking vote the GOP retained control. Since the 2 Indies caucus with the Dems I see how you might think that signifies Dem control, but as we see with Joe Lieberman for example, his vote could not be counted upon, and he often voted against the Dems.

    Irrespective of all this, Mr. Bush still wielded veto control then, just as Mr. Obama currently does now. The buck has to stop somewhere.
    The buck stopped with Bush just as it does with Obama. Agreed.

    However, veto control or no veto control really doesn't change the gist of this thread, which is an attempt to credit Barack Obama with private sector job creation in 2015. That's as ridiculous as crediting George W. Bush with private sector job creation between 2001-2009. You can't. It doesn't appear that people on here know much about the economy or the political climate of this country if they think the recent Presidents created private sector jobs. Even a stimulus package is simply using taxpayer/government money to create jobs. That is false creation. Give me a few billion dollars and I can create jobs too. The good private sector job creation is the one that comes about because of non-governmental intervention and forces.

    Barack Obama has not put forth a policy that created private sector jobs. He can't.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #219
    I'm not-low all the time



    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hyde Park
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,644

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    You have acknowledged that for the last 100 yrs we have run deficits. Yet what do we have to show for it. Not a damn thing except 18.2 trillion in debt and growing. With all that deficit spending we have more poor, more on food stamps, more in section 8 housing, more blacks unemployed than ever before, the labor participation rate is at it's lowest point. Etc etc etc.
    Since 1929, real disposable personal income per capita has increased by more than 440% (570% since 1933).



    As you can see, you're hopelessly outmatched.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  10. #220
    I'm not-low all the time



    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hyde Park
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,644

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Christonacracker, can your posts be any more obnoxious? I copied in the wrong link. It was supposed to be this:

    What is Recovery.gov?
    You've taken the obnoxious tone. Is it my fault you didn't bother to read the links you post, even after i point out how they didn't support your strawman? Nope.

    And unlike you Liberals, I don't claim to be perfect. I made a posting mistake. And you took my mistake and rambled on incessantly to me about crap I not only am not posting about - I don't care about it.
    Who is claiming perfection (these strawmen continue to amuse)? You made a mistake, and when it gets pointed out, you double down with a bitchy attitude. There was an obvious interest in the link given you were the one who provided it. That i pointed out the faults of the professors reasoning should come as no surprise.

    This thread was supposed to be a cheerleading session for Obama, something which attracted you in here. I'm not a sheep. I don't give credit to any President when it isn't due.
    You started the partisan nonsense with post #4

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I think this is very good news. But what specific Obama policy brought unemployment down? How is this attributable to him?
    Why is it that economically illiterate conservatives bring up Obama in every thread; is it out of desperateness?

    Bitten off more than I can chew by asking one of the resident Obama lovers to articulate what he did specifically to create private sector jobs in 2015? Nice try.
    Your initial contribution and following responses have been a series of strawmen and partisan nonsense. It was you who made attempts to derail the thread into "but, but, but... Obama didn't create these jobs" mudslinging fest.

    Now, go away, please. You are boring.
    Why should i go away? You've contributed absolutely nothing of substance to this discussion. A thread pertaining to labor market dynamics is boring unless it carries a hyper-partisan theme?
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •