Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 499

Thread: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

  1. #111
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,292

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Easy... Democrats. The more unemployed, the more people on welfare who vote overwhelmingly Democrat.
    Are you denying that there is less job growth under Republican administrations? That is absolutely true. Low unemployment tends to push up wages and that is not a Republican goal EVER.


  2. #112
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,857

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    If they had all done nothing, the economy would be in worse shape. Great. I agree.

    Now what does that have to do with specific policies that were implemented by Barack Obama that are responsible for creating private sector jobs and lowering the unemployment rate?
    I've answered your question. If you can't be bothered to read it, that's not my problem.

  3. #113
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,421

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Source, please? And when you say the wealthy, I assume you're including all of the wealthy Democrats, too...right?
    Source? Basic economics 101 dude. And yes....that would include wealthy Democrats as well.

  4. #114
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Easy... Democrats. The more unemployed, the more people on welfare who vote overwhelmingly Democrat.
    Nonsense. Most people would rather be working for a living rather than be on welfae.


  5. #115
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,806

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Nice try but Congress has a approval rating of 16% vs. Obama's 48% so that is a fail. Besides according to Republicans, business optimism comes from the President. Did they lie about that?
    On a side note...I am quite optimistic about Alberta. I think they will lead the way to a cleaner and more environmentally responsible Canada.

    RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Congressional Job Approval
    Well, when the Democrats were in charge of Congress, their approval rating hovered between 14% and 15% - for the majority of this year, since the Republicans took control of the Senate, that approval number has been 18% for the most part - a 20% to 25% increase in the approval rating isn't bad for 4-5 months.

    As for the NDP winning in Alberta - that's not terribly surprising considering the corruption and mismanagement of the Progressive Conservatives in Alberta the past several years - the former Premier was forced to resign in disgrace and the Premier who was just defeated raised taxes and fees as well as budgeted a $5 billion deficit, the first deficit the Province has had in decades. I hate to say it, but the Conservatives deserved to be slaughtered. But, it's important to note that in Alberta there are currently two conservative parties - one, you might call Tea Party-esq. Between those two, they got 52% of the vote, but in our first past the poll election format, many NDP candidates picked up sufficient votes to outnumber the highest of the conservative candidates' votes. We'll have to see what happens. Curiously, the markets in both Canada and the US dove on Wednesday, following the election, largely based on the NDP's stance both in Canada and as the largest exporter of oil to the US. The new Premier was forced to come out and try to quell the markets by saying good things about what effects her election will have on the oil patch. She'll have a hard time controlling her socialist flank and doing what's best for the Province. I'm guessing, in about 2 years on the outside, Alberta voters will be chomping to get a chance to turf her out.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  6. #116
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,006

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    A lower unemployment rate is good, a lower unemployment rate even with those who are no longer looking for work is even better, an economy where the public feels like they have recovered is best of all.

    We are still at step 1.
    "We all of us know down here that politics is a tough game. And I don't think there's any point in being Irish if you don't know that the world is going to break your heart eventually."-Daniel Patrick Moynihan, December 5, 1963

  7. #117
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    37,116
    Blog Entries
    15

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    That doesn't mean anything, that's not quite 30% of the country. Nothing to see here.
    ... I can't tell if you're serious or sarcastic...
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #118
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,671

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    I'm simply astounded as to how from this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Corporations are hoarding Trillions and using large percentages of their profits to buy back shares and Banks are chosing to earn nothing on Trillions of dollars in excess reserves instead of investing it back into the economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    This is because America is a consumer economy, and the consumers have been restrained through low/under employment and low wages & wage growth (though these factors appear to be slowly improving).

    Corporations don't use money to create jobs - they create jobs in response to consumer demand.

    The corps are sitting on money because there's no demand for it to be used elsewhere.
    You got this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    LOL !

    Soo we just need the Government to mandate arbitrary cost increases and a " living wage " and all is good, huh ?

    The Corporations and the " Rich " are just going to go along with it because God knows there's NO other investment opportunities anywhere else in the world.......Lol

    They're hoarding capital because the US economy is too risky of a investment under this President. They're hoarding Capital because they're responding to foolish AND current economy killing legislation and tax increases.

    Really, whats wrong with you people ?

    You don't incentivize new investment with threats of mandated cost increases based on insubstantial left wing talking points.

    You don't incentivize new investment by demonizing Investors and job creators and you damn sure don't incentivize new investment by debasing and borrowing and spending.

    When will you people ever learn that the " Rich " and investors and Corporations will ALWAYS have options that include investing in overseas markets and simply siting on their Capital.

    When France's Hollande ( dip**** Socialist ) raised taxes on the " rich " outside investment into Frances economy dropped 77 percent the following year and the " Rich " simply moved.

    Simple minded left wing initiatives that raise taxes and mandate arbitrary cost increases CAUSE disparity, not fix it.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  9. #119
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,225

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Are you denying that there is less job growth under Republican administrations? That is absolutely true. Low unemployment tends to push up wages and that is not a Republican goal EVER.

    That's a nice graph, but can you point to the specific policies instituted by the democrats that led to such job creation?

  10. #120
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,671

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    history revisionism won't help you. Obama has done nothing to help the economy and in fact most business say they are not expanding or hiring because of Obama and the policies of the left.

    Umm no the banking crisis was due to the liberal mindset that banks should lend money to people that can't afford the loan. it was expanded under Clinton, and when bush attempted and republican in congress attempted to get Freddie and fannie under control chris dodd and barney frank both stopped them from doing it.

    other liberals went on their typical rant of how republicans hate poor people nonsense. so chris dodd and barney frank are the largest two people responsible for the recession.

    yes we would it beats the mediocrity and stagnation that we have lived with under Obama.
    You know,

    I had to double check the record, but my memory was right - for the entire 8 years of the Bush presidency the GOP completely controlled both branches of government, including both the house & senate. There was majority control of both chambers for 6 out of 8 of those years, and a two year period where the house was in majority GOP control and the senate floor was evenly split - but the senate still stayed in GOP control due the the GOP VP tie-breaking vote.

    Source: Composition of Congress, by Political Party, 18552017

    To blame the Bush recession on a minority party seems ... a bit of ... a reach.

    So now the GOP recession is due to (as you state) their having 'a liberal mindset'?

    You gotta' be kidding!
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •