Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 246

Thread: Republicans kill successful birth-control program in Colorado

  1. #91
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    23,894

    Re: Republicans kill successful birth-control program in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    And precisely why IUDs are contraindicated.
    Not according to this: 10 Reasons To Get An IUD, And 5 Downsides | CommonHealth
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  2. #92
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    23,894

    Re: Republicans kill successful birth-control program in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, you just think so because you don't understand what write offs are or their effect.
    Noooo, a write off is a give back. So writing off a charitable deduction is not giving in the true sense of the word. It's - making money on someone else's back; a true conservative trait.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  3. #93
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,507

    Re: Republicans kill successful birth-control program in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Assisting people who don't have the resources to deal with unwanted pregnancies isn't charity, it's mutually beneficial. "Charity" would imply it's a one way act. This is not a zero sum investment.
    Its only "mutually beneficial" because we have created all these other programs to cover up for irresponsible behavior. Its like saying give me $5 so I wont steal $10, I still lose moey

  4. #94
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Republicans kill successful birth-control program in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Noooo, a write off is a give back. So writing off a charitable deduction is not giving in the true sense of the word. It's - making money on someone else's back; a true conservative trait.
    It is a give back, you are correct there. But only of funds ALREADY paid. No money is made, there is no extra money involved except on the giving end. Write offs are limited.

  5. #95
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Republicans kill successful birth-control program in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    Its only "mutually beneficial" because we have created all these other programs to cover up for irresponsible behavior. Its like saying give me $5 so I wont steal $10, I still lose moey
    Schools will still educate unwanted children from unwanted pregnancies, prisons will still hold unwanted children from unwanted pregnancies, etc.

    It's not just the cheap programs that they'll be using.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  6. #96
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Republicans kill successful birth-control program in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Didn't read the downsides did you? And I've already posted the dangers, especially in teens. Two things your link glosses over/ignores:
    1) there's a class action suit against Mirena right now.
    2) STDs in IUD users are way more dangerous in effect. We're talking sterility and death.

  7. #97
    Educator
    Derp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dunedin, Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,190

    Re: Republicans kill successful birth-control program in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    Has an attempt been made for finding additional private funding?
    Perhaps they could ask Hillary and get it from the Clinton Foundation.

  8. #98
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 11:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,552

    Re: Republicans kill successful birth-control program in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    Has an attempt been made for finding additional private funding?
    I don't know.

    and just real quick - I might pick a republican over a dem if it's Hillary vs Rand Paul, or another candidate who says the right things and makes me believe them. the reason for that is that certain issues are more important than others depending on the election year. I usually vote based on social issues because I think economics will generally take care of themselves (I'm a free-market kind of person) but I think one really important issue next year will be government invasion of privacy, and I think since that issues is so important and I trust Rand Paul more than Hillary on that, I'd be willing to vote for him even though I my overall beliefs tend to align with the other party. I do that because I try to vote for who I think is the best candidate, and not because I want the blue team or the red team to win the game.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,823

    Re: Republicans kill successful birth-control program in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Like forcing people to pay for gratuitous wars. Only a condom is so much cheaper than a Tomahawk.
    What are we talking about now? We've moved to going to war or not?
    Last edited by Anthony60; 05-07-15 at 02:35 PM.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  10. #100
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,507

    Re: Republicans kill successful birth-control program in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by bg85 View Post
    I don't know.

    and just real quick - I might pick a republican over a dem if it's Hillary vs Rand Paul, or another candidate who says the right things and makes me believe them. the reason for that is that certain issues are more important than others depending on the election year. I usually vote based on social issues because I think economics will generally take care of themselves (I'm a free-market kind of person) but I think one really important issue next year will be government invasion of privacy, and I think since that issues is so important and I trust Rand Paul more than Hillary on that, I'd be willing to vote for him even though I my overall beliefs tend to align with the other party. I do that because I try to vote for who I think is the best candidate, and not because I want the blue team or the red team to win the game.
    : so basically you will be voting democrat in 2016, Rand Paul wont win the GOP primary for the same reason that you would vote for him he doesnt line up with enough of the average GOP voter beliefs

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •