Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 97

Thread: Hillary Clinton’s Appeal Survives Scrutiny, Poll Says

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    02-01-17 @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,667

    Re: Hillary Clinton’s Appeal Survives Scrutiny, Poll Says

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    There have been no press conferences with Hillary since her campaign began so there have been no opportunities to ask her about the Foundation & emails.
    In March she spoke to the media concerning the e-mail issue. That's the event to which I was referring.

    Social media users react to Hillary Clinton's email press conference | MSNBC

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Hillary Clinton’s Appeal Survives Scrutiny, Poll Says

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I think Boone Pickens was speaking about his hope rather than reality. He know how formidable she is.
    More than likely, he was hoping he could save some money. Rather than have to put out a lot of cash to help dash her dream.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Hillary Clinton’s Appeal Survives Scrutiny, Poll Says

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    There have been no press conferences with Hillary since her campaign began so there have been no opportunities to ask her about the Foundation & emails.

    Mornin B. Well they do ask her questions.....she just refuses to answer them and walks out. Soon the Press will get tired of that and it wont matter what the NY Times, Media Matters, nor any Team Clinton has to say.

    Other than when the Times ends up being forced to do their job. That is.

  4. #34
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    29,225

    Re: Hillary Clinton’s Appeal Survives Scrutiny, Poll Says

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Yeah sure, the NY Times was the one who broke email story.
    Yep, get the "scandals" out of the way as early as possible (allowing the public to soon forget about them?) and then, when the real campaigning begins, claim that any further mention of that "old news" is a simply partisan attack.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,971

    Re: Hillary Clinton’s Appeal Survives Scrutiny, Poll Says

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    In March she spoke to the media concerning the e-mail issue. That's the event to which I was referring.

    Social media users react to Hillary Clinton's email press conference | MSNBC
    She hadn't announced yet when she foundered her way through that embarrassment.
    Since she's been campaigning she hasn't put herself in any situation that could possibly turn awkward for her.
    Better never than late.

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,971

    Re: Hillary Clinton’s Appeal Survives Scrutiny, Poll Says

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Mornin B. Well they do ask her questions.....she just refuses to answer them and walks out. Soon the Press will get tired of that and it wont matter what the NY Times, Media Matters, nor any Team Clinton has to say.

    Other than when the Times ends up being forced to do their job. That is.
    She hasn't even gone on any one-on-ones (even friendly ones) that candidates usually do.
    Very weak candidate.
    Better never than late.

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    02-01-17 @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,667

    Re: Hillary Clinton’s Appeal Survives Scrutiny, Poll Says

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well here is some news that will come out with the Benghazi part which will be connected to her emails and her server.....but like Gowdy stated. He also had questions concerning Libya Policy and the rest of Libya and Security. So that will be some more new revelations that will arise.

    Moreover other committee members have stated they will be calling in Blumenthal to testify. He can of course, take the 5th.




    If the motives to wipe the hard drive on Hillary Clinton’s e-mail server weren’t already crystal clear, a new development last night put it in Ultra HD. Gawker’s Jeff Girth and Sam Biddle uncovered a secret, private intelligence network run by Sidney Blumenthal for Hillary’s benefit, apart from the State Department’s own Bureau of Intelligence and Research. Hackers got e-mails that went through Hillary’s private server between her and Blumenthal, e-mails that show her own private intel group was also warning her that Libya was collapsing in the weeks and months prior to the sacking of the consulate in Benghazi:

    It also seems that Hillary’s private intelligence operation penetrated other intel groups, including those of allies. On one level, one could be impressed with the organization of such an effort — if it had led to better choices. Instead, the hacked e-mail trail here has Hillary’s own network warning her of a string of terrorist attacks in Benghazi three weeks before the attack on our consulate. By that time, of course, the US facility had already been hit by a bomb attack two months prior to these warnings, yet Hillary and Patrick Kennedy did nothing to boost security or get American personnel out of harms’ way. Why, with these warnings ringing in her ears, did she allow US Ambassador Chris Stevens to come to Benghazi at all? By the way, the e-mails also speak to the “YouTube video” cover story, and makes it clear that Hillary’s own private network had discounted the claim 48 hours after the attack:

    This goes beyond cover stories, though. What was a Secretary of State doing in running her own private intelligence service — and providing so little security for its communications? It’s getting very obvious why 32,000 e-mails got deleted from a four-year period, something like 21 e-mails every day in every year. It wasn’t just notes to Bill or discussions of Chelsea’s wedding plans that got wiped, but the records of Clintons’ clandestine network of operatives......snip~

    Was Hillary running a secret intel network? « Hot Air

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-pol...l-network.html
    I'm aware of some of these stories circulating, but they don't appear to be the kind of high-impact matters that could materially damage her candidacy. Even if one assumes that Clinton was warned of a risk of terrorist attacks in Libya, but assumed a lower risk (perhaps from other information sources), that outcome probably won't have a large impact. The disintegration of Libya does not pose a critical threat to the U.S., even as it poses some risk. If, on the other hand, one can tie Clinton to a materially worse U.S. position vis-a-vis Russia, the Mideast as a whole, etc., then one is dealing with a potentially larger-impact scenario. A substantially worse U.S. position in the balance of power, in a vital region (as opposed to a single rather marginal country), would have potentially significant adverse implications for the nation as a whole.

    IMO, even as I could be incorrect, current and would-be opponents are making a strategic blunder in focusing so heavily on the Benghazi tragedy. Gov. Romney made that error during his campaign against President Obama. Ahead of his foreign policy debate, the Romney campaign signaled that it was going to make a case that U.S. foreign policy had fallen apart. Instead, at the debate, excessive time was devoted to Benghazi. The anticipated case was not attempted and a strategic opportunity was squandered, especially as Romney had done well in his first debate. While that lost opportunity was not as dramatic as Sen. McCain's panic during the financial crisis when he canceled and then un-canceled his debate appearance, the lackluster performance wiped out Romney's gains from his first debate. What might have happened had he made his case and built upon the momentum coming out of that first debate?

    a challenger typically has to prove why the incumbent should not be re-elected. An incumbent typically does not have the burden of proof as to why he/she should be re-elected when the nation is not in a recession, on the brink of a recession, or facing some other large crisis.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Hillary Clinton’s Appeal Survives Scrutiny, Poll Says

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    I'm aware of some of these stories circulating, but they don't appear to be the kind of high-impact matters that could materially damage her candidacy. Even if one assumes that Clinton was warned of a risk of terrorist attacks in Libya, but assumed a lower risk (perhaps from other information sources), that outcome probably won't have a large impact. The disintegration of Libya does not pose a critical threat to the U.S., even as it poses some risk. If, on the other hand, one can tie Clinton to a materially worse U.S. position vis-a-vis Russia, the Mideast as a whole, etc., then one is dealing with a potentially larger-impact scenario. A substantially worse U.S. position in the balance of power, in a vital region (as opposed to a single rather marginal country), would have potentially significant adverse implications for the nation as a whole.

    IMO, even as I could be incorrect, current and would-be opponents are making a strategic blunder in focusing so heavily on the Benghazi tragedy. Gov. Romney made that error during his campaign against President Obama. Ahead of his foreign policy debate, the Romney campaign signaled that it was going to make a case that U.S. foreign policy had fallen apart. Instead, at the debate, excessive time was devoted to Benghazi. The anticipated case was not attempted and a strategic opportunity was squandered, especially as Romney had done well in his first debate. While that lost opportunity was not as dramatic as Sen. McCain's panic during the financial crisis when he canceled and then un-canceled his debate appearance, the lackluster performance wiped out Romney's gains from his first debate. What might have happened had he made his case and built upon the momentum coming out of that first debate?

    a challenger typically has to prove why the incumbent should not be re-elected. An incumbent typically does not have the burden of proof as to why he/she should be re-elected when the nation is not in a recession, on the brink of a recession, or facing some other large crisis.


    Depends on what one considers High Impact huh, DS?



    The House Select Committee on Benghazi will talk to longtime Clinton insider Sidney Blumenthal about his emails with former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, a committee member said Wednesday. Kansas Rep. Mike Pompeo confirmed the panel’s interest in talking to Blumenthal in an interview with talk radio host Hugh Hewitt. “The committee will also speak with Mr. Blumenthal,” Pompeo said. “We’ve got other folks who we’re still pursuing who may well have also had personal email accounts.”

    Gowdy said that Clinton must appear before May 1 to clear up the status of the emails and server. After that, Gowdy plans to call her to testify in front of the committee about the Sept. 11, 2012, attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

    Gawker also reported that Blumenthal lobbied Clinton on behalf of John Kornblum, a former Clinton White House aide who became ambassador of Germany. Kornblum was promoting Georgian politician Bidzina Ivanishvili, an ally of Russian president Vladimir Putin. In working in such a way on behalf of a foreign interest, Blumenthal may have violated the Foreign Agent Registration Act.....snip~


    Benghazi Committee Wants To Interview Clinton Insider Sidney Blumenthal

  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    02-01-17 @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,667

    Re: Hillary Clinton’s Appeal Survives Scrutiny, Poll Says

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    She hasn't even gone on any one-on-ones (even friendly ones) that candidates usually do.
    Very weak candidate.
    If you were a candidate's adviser, the candidate had an enormous lead in the polls, recent data also showed strong enthusiasm among his/her Party, and putting him/her into a forum where the perceived benefits of participation were marginal relative to the risks involved, would you advise that candidate to put his/her standing at risk? Most advisers would suggest that the candidate focus on areas that have the highest potential benefit-to-cost outcomes unless there were some long-term gain from preempting a risk. That's why candidates who have strong polling support typically are reluctant to agree to too many debates. Clinton is no exception.

    It will be up to Clinton's opponents to build a sufficient case that makes it imperative that she appear in such forums. In other words, they will need to shift the calculus so that the costs of her not engaging in such forums substantially exceed the potential benefits of her engaging in them. At present, that's not the situation.

  10. #40
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    02-01-17 @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,667

    Re: Hillary Clinton’s Appeal Survives Scrutiny, Poll Says

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Depends on what one considers High Impact huh, DS?
    High-impact, at least for me, is something that could adversely and materially impact a significant number of Americans, critical national interests, etc. Right now, the circulating reports don't seem to rise to such a magnitude. There are things that could be tied together (not scandals, but choices) that might allow opponents to create a compelling high-impact narrative. To get there, a campaign would need to inventory the areas in which Secretary Clinton made unambiguously flawed choices (significant and credible information existed for alternatives and such information rose above ideological or partisan differences), lay out the consequences and risks of those choices, demonstrate that those consequences/risks are of a regional or global magnitude (imperil critical or vital U.S. interests), and that a continuation of the same kind of decision making process would, therefore, be damaging to the nation. Presently, no Democratic or Republican opponent has attempted, much less created such a narrative. Will they do so? Time will tell. Moreover, one can't expect Secretary Clinton to be indifferent to such a narrative. She will launch a vigorous defense, and the narrative will need to survive that defense. So long as enough people believe that her choices, given the information available at the time (not in hindsight), were reasonable, her defense will be successful. That's why her opponents will almost certainly need a compelling positive rationale for their election, rather relying exclusively on making a case as to why Secretary Clinton should not be elected.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •