Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 490

Thread: Shot NYPD cop dies

  1. #461
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,353

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Sometimes. Police shot a guy here not too long ago. He was trying to kill other people. Was that wrong?
    Probably not if the perp was armed . They also shot a clearly unarmed guy who was running around naked. Was that wrong ?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkX-UybXo_I

  2. #462
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    12-30-16 @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,932

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Sometimes. Police shot a guy here not too long ago. He was trying to kill other people. Was that wrong?
    It seems like people would rather the police let a suspect murder people until they get it out of their systems than to have a cop intervene.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  3. #463
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,144

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Probably not if the perp was armed . They also shot a clearly unarmed guy who was running around naked. Was that wrong ?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkX-UybXo_I
    Police shoot armed people plenty. Sometimes they shoot someone who appears armed. But I can tell you that unarmed doesn't mean they aren't dangerous. I train martial arts. I've met plenty of dangerous unarmed people.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  4. #464
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,353

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Police shoot armed people plenty. Sometimes they shoot someone who appears armed. But I can tell you that unarmed doesn't mean they aren't dangerous. I train martial arts. I've met plenty of dangerous unarmed people.
    So shooting unarmed people is OK with you just in case they know self defence. Why don't other countries just shoot such people too or do tazers and mace sprays not work over there ?

  5. #465
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,144

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    So shooting unarmed people is OK with you just in case they know self defence. Why don't other countries just shoot such people too or do tazers and mace sprays not work over there ?
    LMAO!!!

    So I did a ride along with an officer recently. One of my questions for him was specifically "how many times have you used your taser?" His response was "once. And it didn't work. It didn't fire."

    Typical ignorant response. You are expecting some kind of bull**** silver bullet cure. Tasers aren't phasers from frigging Star Trek. They frequently don't work. Common enough that a quick google search will tell anyone they certainly aren't dependable enough to risk your life trying to use it.

    And spray? Anyone who has been exposed to the agent can tell you that a crackhead will fight through that.

    And are you suggesting that an unarmed person is not potentially dangerous? Have you ever even sparred? Lmao!



    Dude. This is hilarious. You clearly have 0 knowledge of law enforcement, the tools they use, or how a physical confrontation ACTUALLY works.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  6. #466
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,353

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    LMAO!!!

    So I did a ride along with an officer recently. One of my questions for him was specifically "how many times have you used your taser?" His response was "once. And it didn't work. It didn't fire."

    Typical ignorant response. You are expecting some kind of bull**** silver bullet cure. Tasers aren't phasers from frigging Star Trek. They frequently don't work. Common enough that a quick google search will tell anyone they certainly aren't dependable enough to risk your life trying to use it.

    And spray? Anyone who has been exposed to the agent can tell you that a crackhead will fight through that.

    And are you suggesting that an unarmed person is not potentially dangerous? Have you ever even sparred? Lmao!

    Dude. This is hilarious. You clearly have 0 knowledge of law enforcement, the tools they use, or how a physical confrontation ACTUALLY works.
    So you are OK with police just shooting unarmed people then ? Gotcha

  7. #467
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,144

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    So you are OK with police just shooting unarmed people then ? Gotcha
    Can an unarmed person kill someone?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  8. #468
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,353

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Can an unarmed person kill someone?
    Why is lethal response automatically your first and only response to an unarmed individual ?

  9. #469
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,144

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Why is lethal response automatically your first and only response to an unarmed individual ?
    Did I say that? Quote me. Don't lie about my position please. That discredits you.

    But quote where I said it should be a first response. Please. I will wait here while you look for it. But while your at it...can you tell me if an unarmed person can be a lethal threat?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  10. #470
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,353

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Did I say that? Quote me. Don't lie about my position please. That discredits you.

    But quote where I said it should be a first response. Please. I will wait here while you look for it. But while your at it...can you tell me if an unarmed person can be a lethal threat?
    I suppose if they are versed in unarmed combat yes. I'd wager the great majority of unarmed people your cops kill aren't. In the US you prefer shoot first and ask questions later and you seem to like it that way

Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •