Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 490

Thread: Shot NYPD cop dies

  1. #441
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,916

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Your gun deaths are increasing not decreasing and you are putting your family at unnecessary risk by having a firearm in the home. Theres not a whole lot more I can add that I haven't already. If you choose to stay in denial then good luck with that
    Not a word on the disasters, war, recession, the increasing populations, or the overall reduction in deaths per capita?

    Yea. I thought so. You tried to use numbers, and I used your very own plus other accurate data and destroyed your argument lol.

    Oh. And I've lived in a home with firearms my entire life, my dad did, and my grandfather did. NONE of them have ever died by firearm accident. Nobody in those houses did. Nobody is at risk. Your argument is not valid.

    Did you know that 100% of murders involve humans?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  2. #442
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,916

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    What you mean apart from the multitude of links to studies and stats he's been provided with throughout this thread ? He doesn't even bother opening them anyway
    I did. And I thrashed your argument as a result. Our per capita has gone down. Just in case you are not aware, that means per 100k murders. That is important because our population gained an extra 340 sets of 100,000 to average in. Yea. 34,000,000 give or take.

    Oh. We had a war. A hurricane that destroyed a city. A major recession too. You don't seem to want to look deeper than your opinion huh? Not willing to challenge the party line that you were sold across the pond? Not willing to look at the fact that our per capita rates went down? Lmao! What a joke man.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  3. #443
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,011

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Not a word on the disasters, war, recession, the increasing populations, or the overall reduction in deaths per capita?
    You've been given ample information contradicting that already

    Yea. I thought so. You tried to use numbers, and I used your very own plus other accurate data and destroyed your argument lol.
    Where ? The UK had 30 gun murders and the US had 8,855 in 2012 !

    Oh. And I've lived in a home with firearms my entire life, my dad did, and my grandfather did. NONE of them have ever died by firearm accident. Nobody in those houses did. Nobody is at risk. Your argument is not valid.
    It only has to happen once though doesn't it ?

    Did you know that 100% of murders involve humans?
    Indeed and nearly three quarters of your grossly inflated figures involve the use of a firearm. Firearms make murder far too easy to commit

  4. #444
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,011

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    I did. And I thrashed your argument as a result. Our per capita has gone down. Just in case you are not aware, that means per 100k murders. That is important because our population gained an extra 340 sets of 100,000 to average in. Yea. 34,000,000 give or take.
    Your continued desperation to protect your guns is quite bewildering given the facts

    Everytime a gun injures or kills in self-defense, one is used:

    11 times for a completed or attempted suicide
    7 times in a criminal assault or homicide
    4 times in an unintentional shooting death or injury

    USA Gun Violence Statistics | heedinggodscall.org

    Oh. We had a war. A hurricane that destroyed a city. A major recession too. You don't seem to want to look deeper than your opinion huh? Not willing to challenge the party line that you were sold across the pond? Not willing to look at the fact that our per capita rates went down? Lmao! What a joke man.
    The joke is your continued defense of the completely indefensible. In 2000 you had 28,663 gun deaths in 2014 you had 32,561, and you are proud of this !!!

  5. #445
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    05-21-17 @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28,586

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    What you mean apart from the multitude of links to studies and stats he's been provided with throughout this thread ? He doesn't even bother opening them anyway
    No, I mean what I said...Your arrogant premise that YOU know better who should, or shouldn't have a gun is rooted in fear, and irrational premise...It is typical, boilerplate anti gun blather that is generally dishonest, and steeped in slogan rather than rational thinking...So, with that we are done.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #446
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,011

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, I mean what I said...Your arrogant premise that YOU know better who should, or shouldn't have a gun is rooted in fear, and irrational premise...It is typical, boilerplate anti gun blather that is generally dishonest, and steeped in slogan rather than rational thinking...So, with that we are done.
    Oh I agree there is very great intellectual dishonesty on display here, but it most certainly isn't on my part.

  7. #447
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    05-21-17 @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28,586

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Oh I agree there is very great intellectual dishonesty on display here, but it most certainly isn't on my part.
    Oh but it is....And has been shown to you how now with two separate posters...So with that we are done...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #448
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,011

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh but it is....And has been shown to you how now with two separate posters...So with that we are done...
    Theres been a lot of such intellectual dishonesty that going round on this thread from US posters so here are the facts. There is a pathological pleasure at large in the US where there are nearly 300 million guns ,one third of them handguns which are useless for hunting purposes, but brilliant as tools for killing. This represents the highest concentration of private ownership of murder weapons in the entire world. The rate for murder by gunfire is 100 times that of the United Kingdom.

    The plain fact is that all too many Americans are intoxicated with the percieved glamour of guns and are quite indifferent to the havoc and horror they create. Worse still, they regard them as fuel for the kind of anarchic, nihilist entertainment in which they rejoice. They will therefore defend their gun fetishism at whatever the cost in blood and suffering within the wider society. You can see this exhibited every time there is a massacre and there follows a rush to empty the gun shop shelves in case their supine government should clamp down on their lethal 'toys'

    Such appetites may, and should, be easily satisfied with gun clubs, where gun nuts can shoot at inanimate targets to their hearts’ content, with little harm to anyone. Why don’t they? Because such a skilful sport lacks the one ingredient which infatuates them the most ,the risk of death through the exercise of individual power. It is sadly a situation that won't be changing soon as the families of the further 33,000 or so likely to needlessly die again this year will bear witness

    Sorry if the truth hurts but there you have it. I'm the one who's done now
    Last edited by flogger; 05-15-15 at 04:50 PM.

  9. #449
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,916

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    You've been given ample information contradicting that already


    Obviously not. You are wrong. Suck it up.

    http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0873729.html

    Where ? The UK had 30 gun murders and the US had 8,855 in 2012 !
    And the price of rice in China is $9.95 per CWT.

    It only has to happen once though doesn't it ?
    LMAO! And yet it hasn't happened. I'm glad we don't oppress our people based on "it only has to happen once."

    Indeed and nearly three quarters of your grossly inflated figures involve the use of a firearm. Firearms make murder far too easy to commit
    There are 45 million gun owners or so. That means only .02% (I rounded up) of them actually committed murder. But then...when you consider that those are legally owned firearms...that means. That LESS than .02% committed murder.

    But then.

    You are claiming that it is the gun that is causing the crime. So since there are about 310 million firearms in the U.S....... .003% are used to commit murder. Since you are blaming guns...or access to guns...you are arguing against some cold hard logic here man. You can't claim that .02% or .003% is equal to causation.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  10. #450
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,916

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Your continued desperation to protect your guns is quite bewildering given the facts

    Everytime a gun injures or kills in self-defense, one is used:

    11 times for a completed or attempted suicide
    7 times in a criminal assault or homicide
    4 times in an unintentional shooting death or injury

    USA Gun Violence Statistics | heedinggodscall.org



    The joke is your continued defense of the completely indefensible. In 2000 you had 28,663 gun deaths in 2014 you had 32,561, and you are proud of this !!!
    OMG!! We had a population increase of 34.3 MILLION people in that time. Our PER CAPITA RATE SUNK!!!!!



    Why won't you acknowledge this? Hm? Just wondering?

    Why won't you acknowledge :

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Terror

    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/21/us...pagewanted=all

    You will note in the above that suicides TRIPLED after Katrina.

    http://money.cnn.com/2014/08/27/news...at-depression/

    Hmmm? We had war, recession, and natural disaster. You are blaming an object. You are blaming an object regardless of cold hard numbers that prove you wrong. Numbers that show our rates sunk. Our population grew. And our guns went up.



    Let me ask you a simple question. Does murder go up if a population rises? The NUMBERS.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •