Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 490

Thread: Shot NYPD cop dies

  1. #431
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,200

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Stop wasting my time I'm not prepared to repost everything all over again in the hope that you even open the links this time round
    Just saying you have posted it doesn't mean you did. There is greater access to American firearms. Yet murders are going down. Your argument is busted. Your claim is that...in spite of evidence of the exact opposite...that somehow it isn't true. It doesn't compute. Logically speaking.

    Already done multiple times over throughout this thread
    Saying it is so doesn't make it so.

    We have more drug crime than you but still have hugely less gun crime nonetheless. That pretty much speaks for itself
    You also treat it differently and have a rapidly reducing problem with drugs. Obviously the UK treats better.

    Prove it ?


    It only has to happen once though doesn't it ?



    A view that was no doubt echoed by the great bulk of gun owners who then went on to lose family members in just such a manner
    Prove it. I'm here. I've never lost a family member or a friend to an accident with a firearm. I won't ever be responsible for it either. Your argument is that because a number says I might do something...I will. Logically that does not compute.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  2. #432
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    01-15-17 @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,438
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Undoubtedly had the criminal not found it so easy to access a firearm in the first place this officer would still be alive today
    So very true and the crux of the problem .
    Sadly many , many more police , and thousands of people, will have to die until basic attitudes change.
    Police .. clean your house
    NRA .. support rather than oppose gun control legislation
    Lawmakers .. grow balls and legislate gun control
    People .. learn to respect and tolerate

  3. #433
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,353

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Just saying you have posted it doesn't mean you did. There is greater access to American firearms. Yet murders are going down. Your argument is busted. Your claim is that...in spite of evidence of the exact opposite...that somehow it isn't true. It doesn't compute. Logically speaking.
    At all costs protect the guns in the face of all reason right ?

    Saying it is so doesn't make it so.
    Linking so means it does. You had 50 cops shot and killed last year and we had none

    You also treat it differently and have a rapidly reducing problem with drugs. Obviously the UK treats better.
    The same thing goes even more so with firearms. We had 96 fatal shootings in 2001 by 2012 that was down to 30

    http://www.juancole.com/2014/05/murd...m-england.html

    Prove it. I'm here. I've never lost a family member or a friend to an accident with a firearm. I won't ever be responsible for it either. Your argument is that because a number says I might do something...I will. Logically that does not compute
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/753058_4
    Injuries and deaths due to firearms in the home. - PubMed - NCBI
    Last edited by flogger; 05-14-15 at 07:51 AM.

  4. #434
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,353

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    So very true and the crux of the problem .
    Sadly many , many more police , and thousands of people, will have to die until basic attitudes change.
    Police .. clean your house
    NRA .. support rather than oppose gun control legislation
    Lawmakers .. grow balls and legislate gun control
    People .. learn to respect and tolerate
    Refreshing to see a reasoned response from your side of the pond for a change. Sadly until US citizens are less interested in protecting guns and more interested in protecting people those attitudes will never change

  5. #435
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,200

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    At all costs protect the guns in the face of all reason right ?



    Linking so means it does. You had 50 cops shot and killed last year and we had none



    The same thing goes even more so with firearms. We had 96 fatal shootings in 2001 by 2012 that was down to 30

    http://www.juancole.com/2014/05/murd...m-england.html



    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/753058_4
    Injuries and deaths due to firearms in the home. - PubMed - NCBI
    Again. Our firearms access has increased. That includes public carry. Our deaths have gone down. Nothing you have produced has explained why that is.

    And I've never shot myself. I'm not going to. I won't shoot friends or family either. Your statistics don't matter. They don't predict the future.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  6. #436
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,353

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Again. Our firearms access has increased. That includes public carry. Our deaths have gone down. Nothing you have produced has explained why that is.
    I don't have to given their steady increase from 29,000 to 32,000 since 2000

    FastStats - Homicide

    And I've never shot myself. I'm not going to. I won't shoot friends or family either. Your statistics don't matter. They don't predict the future.
    Thats right they predict the extra risk you have chosen to expose your family to
    Last edited by flogger; 05-14-15 at 11:49 AM.

  7. #437
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,200

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I don't have to given their steady increase from 29,000 to 32,000 since 2000

    FastStats - Homicide
    Why don't we stick to murder? You are including other statistics not relevant to the discussion. Not to mention...suicide isn't caused by a gun. It is caused by humans. Not to mention...a majority of that shift is suicide. And in those years we had a war, recession, and a major natural disaster. You don't think that might account for some of that?

    Why don't you try this on for size:

    http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0873729.html

    You will note these come from the fbi and they show the decrease since the sunset of the assault weapons ban. From 2000-2005 it was essentially a statistical fluctuation. Then from 09-2013 we had a drop. That is not because of stricter gun control. That hasn't happened.

    Where the hell did you get your numbers? What method? Because from what I see suicides, unintentional, and JUSTIFIED are all included.

    Hell...given your numbers on just firearms deaths...there is a difference of only a few hundred. That is essentially an insignificant statistical fluctuation in between those years. That isn't a major change. It is indicative of nothing.

    OH! I would also add that our population changed too. By 34.3 million. We had an increase. A significant increase. And our numbers changed only slightly.


    Thats right they predict the extra risk you have chosen to expose your family to
    Nope. They are at no extra risk. My gun is holstered and under control. Maybe if YOU handled a gun around people they would be at risk, but I know the rules. It is in a solid holster, concealed, and under my direct control. When I don't have a gun on me it is locked in a box. When it is in my hand it is pointed in a safe direction.

    Anything to avoid reality huh?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  8. #438
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,353

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Why don't we stick to murder? You are including other statistics not relevant to the discussion. Not to mention...suicide isn't caused by a gun. It is caused by humans. Not to mention...a majority of that shift is suicide. And in those years we had a war, recession, and a major natural disaster. You don't think that might account for some of that?

    Why don't you try this on for size:

    Homicide Rate (per 100,000), 1950–2012

    You will note these come from the fbi and they show the decrease since the sunset of the assault weapons ban. From 2000-2005 it was essentially a statistical fluctuation. Then from 09-2013 we had a drop. That is not because of stricter gun control. That hasn't happened.

    Where the hell did you get your numbers? What method? Because from what I see suicides, unintentional, and JUSTIFIED are all included.

    Hell...given your numbers on just firearms deaths...there is a difference of only a few hundred. That is essentially an insignificant statistical fluctuation in between those years. That isn't a major change. It is indicative of nothing.

    OH! I would also add that our population changed too. By 34.3 million. We had an increase. A significant increase. And our numbers changed only slightly.




    Nope. They are at no extra risk. My gun is holstered and under control. Maybe if YOU handled a gun around people they would be at risk, but I know the rules. It is in a solid holster, concealed, and under my direct control. When I don't have a gun on me it is locked in a box. When it is in my hand it is pointed in a safe direction.

    Anything to avoid reality huh?
    Your gun deaths are increasing not decreasing and you are putting your family at unnecessary risk by having a firearm in the home. Theres not a whole lot more I can add that I haven't already. If you choose to stay in denial then good luck with that

  9. #439
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,607

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Your gun deaths are increasing not decreasing and you are putting your family at unnecessary risk by having a firearm in the home. Theres not a whole lot more I can add that I haven't already. If you choose to stay in denial then good luck with that
    Wow, way to go, you just got destroyed by stonewall's post...you failed to address even the simplest of points being made in favor of your bumper sticker reply here...

    I think everyone now sees how simple you argument is now...you don't like guns, ok we get it...you don't have to own one. But I can if I wish and I don't need your permission or approval to do so. If my owning a gun makes you uncomfortable while I live thousands of miles away with an ocean dividing us, all I can say is too bad for you.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #440
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,353

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wow, way to go, you just got destroyed by stonewall's post...you failed to address even the simplest of points being made in favor of your bumper sticker reply here...
    What you mean apart from the multitude of links to studies and stats he's been provided with throughout this thread ? He doesn't even bother opening them anyway

Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •