Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 490

Thread: Shot NYPD cop dies

  1. #381
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    6,431

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    The facts differ.

    In Europe gun killings are around 40 - 50 times lower per capita than the US due to far more stringent gun control. Police shootings are as a consequence very rare
    Again, with the politically invented gun killing number, adjust homicide you're at best 3 times lower, which tracks historically for the last century regardless of gun legislation.

    But that doesn't sound as dramatic now does it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  2. #382
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,990

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Am I wrong then ?

    Stop trying to steer the conversation away from that which you cannot or won't answer.



    I seriously doubt that given the criminal fraternity are normally from the less affluent part of the social spectrum

    The "criminal fraternity" you say.

    so drug dealers don't make fast cash?

    Really?


    More regulated means less guns and far more stringent vetting of owners and those in their households too.
    Empty rhetoric, how will you make there "less guns"?

    so who can't I live with specifically in your world that would make me not able to own a gun?


    As usual your ilk has no spine to admit why they really have these weapons, when some have arsenals that would defeat a Zulu onslaught. How great must be your personal 'inadequacies' that you need these sorts of compensations

    Oddly, the only time I was a mortal danger to others with a gun in my hand was when I worked for the government. *shrug*


    yes, the gun is obviously my penis. will the stupidity ever end?


    I have guns to,

    1. prevent tyranny in government
    2. self defense.
    3. hunting
    4. because I ****ing want one

    What spine do you think I don't have?


    Uh huh....

    'Go ahead punk 'make my day' ....right


    again, the only time I was a mortal danger to others with my gun was at the behest of my government. you are not anti-gun you are pro-fascism, pro-authoritarianism pro-guns in the hands of governments.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  3. #383
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,313

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Again, with the politically invented gun killing number, adjust homicide you're at best 3 times lower, which tracks historically for the last century regardless of gun legislation.

    But that doesn't sound as dramatic now does it?
    Do you have any evidence to support such a claim ?

  4. #384
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    6,431

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Do you have any evidence to support such a claim ?
    The UN intentional homicide rate is publically available for your browsing at leisure
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  5. #385
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,313

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    you are not anti-gun you are pro-fascism, pro-authoritarianism pro-guns in the hands of governments.
    Well once you come out with that sort of drivel as some kind justification you are clearly too far gone here to be reasoned with

  6. #386
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,990

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Well once you come out with that sort of drivel as some kind justification you are clearly too far gone here to be reasoned with


    cue: "make excuses to convince myself that it's not that I don't have an answer is that the other guy doesn't deserve it, use that as a reason 'not' to answer simple questions posed"....


    Right on time.




    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  7. #387
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,313

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    The UN intentional homicide rate is publically available for your browsing at leisure
    And it clearly shows your homicide is 4.7 times ours with nearly three quarters of those involving the use of a firearm. As I've said already if you were to remove the firearms killings from your overall homicide statistics your homicide rate would be pretty similar to that of most other developed countries

  8. #388
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,990

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    And it clearly shows your homicide is 4.7 times ours with nearly three quarters of those involving the use of a firearm. As I've said already if you were to remove the firearms killings from your overall homicide statistics your homicide rate would be pretty similar to that of most other developed countries



    If you remove criminal on criminal gun homicides, we'd have the same rate, you claimed I couldn't do that, now you do this?

    fact: if you don't have a criminal record, your are no more likely to be shot, than someone in the UK,.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  9. #389
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,313

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    cue: "make excuses to convince myself that it's not that I don't have an answer is that the other guy doesn't deserve it, use that as a reason 'not' to answer simple questions posed"....


    Right on time.


    Once you invoke big government tyranny BS as an some kind of excuse then you have really gone off the deep end. What other response did you expect ?

  10. #390
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,990

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Once you invoke big government tyranny BS as an some kind of excuse then you have really gone off the deep end. What other response did you expect ?

    I expected you to answer my simple question. the fact you think you can do what you want without big government tyranny, suggests dishonesty or overt naivety on your part.

    which is it?


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •