Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 490

Thread: Shot NYPD cop dies

  1. #361
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,011

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoVlaming View Post
    No it won't. And experience shows that.
    The facts differ.

    In Europe gun killings are around 40 - 50 times lower per capita than the US due to far more stringent gun control. Police shootings are as a consequence very rare

  2. #362
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,198

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    The facts differ.

    In Europe gun killings are around 40 - 50 times lower per capita than the US due to far more stringent gun control. Police shootings are as a consequence very rare
    Police shootings are not more rare in Europe. You simply don't know the facts.

    In most European countries with very strict gun laws it is perfectly easy for criminals to get illegal guns.

  3. #363
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,011

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    I didn't say it couldn't be done. I said it was illegal. YOU said it wasn't. You were wrong.
    So do you think its a good thing that criminals like the one in the OP find it so simple to bypass what minimal laws you have enabling them to kill police officers so easily ?

  4. #364
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,917

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I'm saying that by any measure such free and unmonitored access to firearms makes your society far less safe and that the police officer in the OP would doubtless be alive today were that not the case. Its not that difficult really
    Prove it

    You don't understand the problem do you? Do you live in America? Are you a frequent visitor to impoverished areas? Have you watched the news? The increase in officer deaths isn't caused by guns. It is caused by ignorant scumbags who are nothing but murderers and the culture that not only fosters that behavior, but also encourages it and hides it from those who would bring them to justice.

    Our drug trade created this. Our drug laws don't work. And blah blah blah.

    I carry a gun every day. I'm safe. Your argument is invalid.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  5. #365
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,011

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoVlaming View Post
    Police shootings are not more rare in Europe. You simply don't know the facts.
    Don't let me stop you furnishing me with them then because I call BS on that claim

    In most European countries with very strict gun laws it is perfectly easy for criminals to get illegal guns.
    The opposite is in fact the case. Whilst its not impossible for criminals to get a gun in most of Europe its extremely difficult and prohibitively expensive for them to do so, hence their far lower gun crime rates

  6. #366
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,198

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Don't let me stop you furnishing me with them then



    The opposite is in fact the case. Whilst its not impossible for criminals to get a gun its extremely difficult and prohibitively expensive for them to do so, hence their far lower gun crime rates
    You have no idea what you are talking about. The going rate for a kalashnikov here in Brussels is very cheap.

  7. #367
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,011

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Prove it
    You are kidding yourself if you think I'm just about to repost everything I already have on this thread confirming it

    You don't understand the problem do you? Do you live in America? Are you a frequent visitor to impoverished areas? Have you watched the news? The increase in officer deaths isn't caused by guns. It is caused by ignorant scumbags who are nothing but murderers and the culture that not only fosters that behavior, but also encourages it and hides it from those who would bring them to justice.
    And the easy access to guns makes the killing of those officers that much easier

    Our drug trade created this. Our drug laws don't work. And blah blah blah.
    Did you know the UK has a worse per capita drug problem than the US ?

    List of countries by prevalence of opiates use - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    So simply blaming your gun killings on drug abuse can't be it

    I carry a gun every day. I'm safe. Your argument is invalid.
    If you keep that gun in your home you are in fact seven times more likely to see death or injury to you or your family than from any intruder

  8. #368
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,011

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoVlaming View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about. The going rate for a kalashnikov here in Brussels is very cheap.
    Really ? You've yet to provide a shred of evidence for your claims

    How many Kalashnikovs did Belgian criminals use in committing crime last year ?

  9. #369
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,198

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    How many Kalashnikovs did Belgian criminals use in committing crime last year ?
    Quite a few actually. But also criminals from neighbouring countries also sometimes come to buy here. While prices for illegal kalashnikovs in most French and Dutch cities are between 1.000 and 1.500 euros they can be easily bought for anything between 500 and 1.000 euros here (there have been examples of them going as low as 200). Illegal handguns are of course much cheaper.

  10. #370
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,011

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoVlaming View Post
    Quite a few actually. But also criminals from neighbouring countries also sometimes come to buy here. While prices for illegal kalashnikovs in most French and Dutch cities are between 1.000 and 1.500 euros they can be easily bought for anything between 500 and 1.000 euros here (there have been examples of them going as low as 200). Illegal handguns are of course much cheaper.
    Quite a few Kalashnikovs eh ? Please cite an example ?

Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •