Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 490

Thread: Shot NYPD cop dies

  1. #21
    Sage
    Skeptic Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,521

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You're not? Will there be riots? My guess is NO....Do you know why?
    Because justice will be served. Riots tend to happen when people DON'T think justice is being served.

  2. #22
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28,597

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    OK then lets look at it from the perspective of police officers killed in the line of duty. Last year the US had 126 officer deaths and the UK had nil. What do you think is the major factor accounting for such a disparity ?
    Comparrisons like that are not on an equal footing. They are ultimately dishonest...Look, you like living without the ability to own a gun, fine, start a thread on it...I won't entertain that distraction no matter how you try to phrase it.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Its a very valid comparison given the thread is about yet another needlessly shot policeman
    I really think this is the wrong thread for the conversation you wish to have.
    Clearly you have issue with our Second Amendment.
    Well you don't live here. Deal with it.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    OK then lets look at it from the perspective of police officers killed in the line of duty. Last year the US had 126 officer deaths and the UK had nil. What do you think is the major factor accounting for such a disparity ?
    Just what did your Bobbies do while a member of your military was being hacked to death on the street?
    Oh, yea. Wait for an armed officer to finally show up.
    Now, we have gone tit for tat. Are you done?

  5. #25
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,011

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Comparrisons like that are not on an equal footing. They are ultimately dishonest...Look, you like living without the ability to own a gun, fine, start a thread on it...I won't entertain that distraction no matter how you try to phrase it.
    Grieving over yet another tragic symptom like the taking of this officers life represents does nothing to address the causes and is ultimately an execise in futility given the lack of will to change anything..

  6. #26
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28,597

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Of course there won't be riots or protests because the perp was caught. There's no perception or reality of injustice relating to the crime. By all appearances justice will be served.
    Morning Summerwind...:2wave

    forgive me if I take not that your argument sounds an awful lot like the "Blacks can't be racist" memes....How do you know Justice will be served? What if he gets off on a technicality? Think that doesn't happen?

    If you think the protests and rioting are because someone was shot, you're very limited in your knowledge.
    Ofcourse they weren't....They were co opted for the anarchist, inequality, race baiting narratives...But by all means let's not point out the other side of these street interactions with Black crime in Urban cities...That would spoil making the criminal the victim wouldn't it?

    The protests and rioting have been because of the perception that justice isn't served when a police officer murders, only when a non-police officer murders.
    The protests have NOTHING to do with justice...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #27
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,011

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Just what did your Bobbies do while a member of your military was being hacked to death on the street?
    Oh, yea. Wait for an armed officer to finally show up.
    Now, we have gone tit for tat. Are you done?
    How would them being armed have stopped that soldier being killed ?

    It wouldn't

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    13,828
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Of course there won't be riots or protests because the perp was caught. There's no perception or reality of injustice relating to the crime. By all appearances justice will be served. If you think the protests and rioting are because someone was shot, you're very limited in your knowledge. The protests and rioting have been because of the perception that justice isn't served when a police officer murders, only when a non-police officer murders.
    Many people are ignorant regarding why there have been riots. Unsurprisingly most of them are also right-wingers.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  9. #29
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28,597

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Grieving over yet another tragic symptom like the taking of this officers life represents does nothing to address the causes and is ultimately an execise in futility given the lack of will to change anything..
    Last chance...either get on topic, or I will report you.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #30
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,011

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Last chance...either get on topic, or I will report you.
    Report me for what exactly ?? How am I off topic ??

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •