Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 490

Thread: Shot NYPD cop dies

  1. #201
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,019

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    "Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #202
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    and the UK's murder rate is lower than the US's
    and it was even less before they started banning guns

    so that really means nothing but lets focus

    someone willing to kill a cop is not going to be deterred by the threat of having an illegal gun and people who buy and sell narcotics are not going to be unable to find a gun if they are banned

    so the rant about gun laws is just stupid



  3. #203
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    "Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free."
    the thought of being free causes lots of incontinence in many



  4. #204
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    and the UK's murder rate is lower than the US's
    Yes indeed 4.7 times lower

  5. #205
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and it was even less before they started banning guns
    Nonsense. UK murder rates are the lowest in 30 years

    someone willing to kill a cop is not going to be deterred by the threat of having an illegal gun and people who buy and sell narcotics are not going to be unable to find a gun if they are banned
    Of course they will. You had 50 cops shot and killed in the line of duty last year where we had none

  6. #206
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,483

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBob View Post
    I'm not sure why there would be protests. The murderer was captured and will almost certainly be convicted. Protests are the result of people perceiving that justice isn't being done.

    No, in this case vigils should be held, not protests.
    That wasn't true in the case in Baltimore, now was it?

  7. #207
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    08-14-15 @ 05:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    428

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    The choice society has is straight-forward: we either need to disarm people or increase the militarization of the police in order to stop these killings.

  8. #208
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    30,000 cops from all over the country attended his funeral today.

    Busloads of police arrive for funeral of New York officer

    Such a sad, sad story.
    And not one riot

  9. #209
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Well I have fired and been fired at during my armed service if that counts
    Why'd you fire back if you think that the ability to take a life is so disgusting?

    The ability to kill and therefore in turn be killed with much greater facility is not an interpretation of freedom that anyone outwith the US would recognise or want to indulge.
    So, if I own a gun, and have said gun for self protection of myself, my property, and my family, and my constitution affords me that right, then because you have some kind of problem with guns, I shouldn't want to "indulge"??? Your reasoning is quite convoluted to me....

    Your nations example is the obvious reason why.
    My nations example eh? Well, all I can tell ya is that I own a gun, and I have that right, that you don't like it is tough ****...It's my right whether you like it or not....

    Disguising your armed paranoid fears of each other by calling it freedom is therefore quite laughable frankly
    I don't have any "paranoid fears" that is YOUR characterization in order to continue to bait me into an argument...Hey, look, you don't own a gun, and don't want one...Good for you, I'd never try and tell you that you should, or try and force you to go out and buy one, but it is too bad that people like you don't feel the same way when someone doesn't hold the same view as you....For instance, if you could, I am pretty sure, you'd try and take away my right to own one...And that is just sad in how you feel the need to force your views and fears on me....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #210
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why'd you fire back if you think that the ability to take a life is so disgusting?
    Its a thing called war.

    So, if I own a gun, and have said gun for self protection of myself, my property, and my family, and my constitution affords me that right, then because you have some kind of problem with guns, I shouldn't want to "indulge"??? Your reasoning is quite convoluted to me....
    If you want to unnecessarily endanger yourself and your family thats your decision. I on the other hand think I have a responsibility to me and mine not to do that.

    My nations example eh? Well, all I can tell ya is that I own a gun, and I have that right, that you don't like it is tough ****...It's my right whether you like it or not....
    I'd hate to live with such a fear of everything. Some freedom

    I don't have any "paranoid fears" that is YOUR characterization in order to continue to bait me into an argument...Hey, look, you don't own a gun, and don't want one...Good for you, I'd never try and tell you that you should, or try and force you to go out and buy one, but it is too bad that people like you don't feel the same way when someone doesn't hold the same view as you....For instance, if you could, I am pretty sure, you'd try and take away my right to own one...And that is just sad in how you feel the need to force your views and fears on me...
    I guess I cannot get my head round why any developed society would willingly do this to itself ,and be in complete denial about the consequences !
    Last edited by flogger; 05-08-15 at 06:35 PM.

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •