Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 490

Thread: Shot NYPD cop dies

  1. #191
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    26,435

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    You are like a broken record and I'm not going to continue enaabling it. Many people have posted here that this is no different than the same harm that comes from pools and dogs and lesser by far than car injuries and deaths.

    What, you get to the end of your argument and just start all over?

    No further response is needed, just go re-read what's been posted to you.
    "Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free."

    "No, you'll be *a* judge of that, just like everyone else who reads it."
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #192
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    26,435

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post

    Our relative gun death rates are the clear indicators of who the foolish are and I know you don't like looking at those
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    The foolishness that does not RESPECT humans enough to allow them to protect themselves but instead be dependent on others is what is very sad. Treat people like children and they never advance beyond that. THe more responsibility you take from people, the less they will ever initiate to take for themselves. America was founded on people who could and wanted to take care of themselves.
    ........
    "Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free."

    "No, you'll be *a* judge of that, just like everyone else who reads it."
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #193
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,011

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Wow. It was pretty clear. You dont go after the guns, you FIX the socio-economic situations of the people and communities. That is the most constructive approach, and helps solve many socio-economic issues, not just gun issues. Boy are you myopic. No wonder you cant see big picture, including the diversity of conditions across a very large country.
    You did not answer my question. Do you think you are the only country with socio economic problems ?

  4. #194
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,011

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You are like a broken record and I'm not going to continue enaabling it. Many people have posted here that this is no different than the same harm that comes from pools and dogs and lesser by far than car injuries and deaths.

    What, you get to the end of your argument and just start all over?

    No further response is needed, just go re-read what's been posted to you.
    If you won't even open the links I endlessly provide for you then stop wasting my time.

  5. #195
    Tavern Bartender
    Kinky tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-02-17 @ 05:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,185

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    30,000 cops from all over the country attended his funeral today.

    Busloads of police arrive for funeral of New York officer

    Such a sad, sad story.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #196
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    166,473

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Undoubtedly had the criminal not found it so easy to access a firearm in the first place this officer would still be alive today
    everyone knows that men who are willing to kill a police officer would be disarmed if the penalty for having an illegal gun was just a little more severe
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  7. #197
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    166,473

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    If you won't even open the links I endlessly provide for you then stop wasting my time.
    we really don't care what disarmed subjects in a foreign nation think of our gun laws. It appears you are still mad that 240 years ago we were better shooters than your redcoats
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  8. #198
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,011

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    we really don't care what disarmed subjects in a foreign nation think of our gun laws. It appears you are still mad that 240 years ago we were better shooters than your redcoats
    Oh gawd ..... It will be 'we saved your ass in WW2' next

  9. #199
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    166,473

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Oh gawd ..... It will be 'we saved your ass in WW2' next
    you have never explained why you fixate on gun issues. we get the fact that your cowardly society decided to engage in a collective bed wetting when ONE nutcase killed a bunch of children. Your country's pathetic response was to punish all the other handgun owners. That makes lots of sense.

    now you all seem upset that we can own pistols and you cannot.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  10. #200
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    05-20-17 @ 01:33 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    8,946

    Re: Shot NYPD cop dies

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you have never explained why you fixate on gun issues. we get the fact that your cowardly society decided to engage in a collective bed wetting when ONE nutcase killed a bunch of children. Your country's pathetic response was to punish all the other handgun owners. That makes lots of sense.

    now you all seem upset that we can own pistols and you cannot.
    and the UK's murder rate is lower than the US's
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •