Page 81 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1668

Thread: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit [W:439, 529, 978, 1489]

  1. #801
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,012

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    MIght as well lure them into the open where they can be dealt with as in this case rather than waiting for them to pull another 9-11?
    Exactly what I said the other day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Digging through the last several pages of the thread, it seems that several conservatives seem to believe that defending Geller's right to free speech entails condoning or refraining from criticizing her hateful rhetoric. Somehow, in this alternate universe, pointing out that she's a hateful bigot (even while pointing out she has the right to be) means liberals are "against free speech."
    libs are against Free Speech if it counters their religion....that being liberalism! liberalism transcends all rational thought!

  2. #802
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    Re: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    awww.. you can lie about what i say, but i can't lie about what you say?... that's not very fair.
    I changed it to misrepresent... sorry about the liar comment that yo apparently quoted prior to my changing it.

    I clarified why I said what I said a few posts above this... ^^^

  3. #803
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    C'mon, you know the racket. Even saying what Geller's group was doing was legal yet kinda prickish and that violent response was wrong means you're absolving the attackers.
    maybe read my response before you say dumb **** about me again?

  4. #804
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,012

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Meet the new left. Isis isn't the problem, conservatives are. And the TEA party is worse than Hamas. See how this works?
    Spot On!!

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    The difference here is in how you PERCEIVE the two rallies.

    It used to be the left would rally behind an artist to defend the art and expression-remember piss Christ?

    But if its a muslim who might be offended (imagine that) and suddenly its crickets.

    You dont have to agree with my observation just understand how you appear.
    Exactly. What's good for conservatives is no good as libs see it. Hypocrites that they are.......

  5. #805
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,012

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    WRONG WRONG WRONG

    in a free society, leaders of cults, politicians, celebrities etc are all going to be the target of criticism. I don't recall any Christians shooting up an artu museum in reaction to the "piss Christ" exhibit.

    making fun of Mohammed is a free speech exercise that we Americans should protect and defend. and if people want to commit violence as a result, I say shoot them down as the cop did in this case
    Absolutely!!!!

  6. #806
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,012

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    FBI Overlooked TX Gunman Because 'So Many Like Him'...

    An unidentified “senior law enforcement official” tells the New York Times that, while the FBI had been aware of Garland, Texas jihadist attacker Elton Simpson for nearly a decade, they did not follow his violent, pro-jihad tweets as closely as they could have because “there are so many like him” that the agency is overwhelmed.

    Official: FBI Overlooked Texas Shooter's Violent Tweets Because 'There are So Many Like Him' - Breitbart

    Geller performed a good service to the country, smoking this scum out of it's nest. She is talking about a followup event. I need to clear my schedule so I can attend.

    The USA has many of these turds all over the country........flushing them out...is a Good thing! The more they end them....at the source.....the better.

  7. #807
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I changed it to misrepresent... sorry about the liar comment that yo apparently quoted prior to my changing it.

    I clarified why I said what I said a few posts above this... ^^^
    no worries.. i'm not offended... I won't come shoot at you or otherwise assault you.

    my short skirt analogy relies on incitement of sexual thoughts (not an invitation for sex, as you said) of some men.
    talking trash about Mohammed, or drawing pictures of him, or whatever...incites anger in some extremists Muslims.

    inciting these emotions simply doesn't' justify illegitimate reactions... and the victim ,in either case, is held blameless for the illegitimate actions of those whom retaliate.

    no one has to like or agree with what these people are doing... but they have the right to do so, and nobody has the right to assault them over their speech.... end of story.
    there's no hemming and hawwing about it.. there's no bull**** about " that's not legitimate free speech" or whatever... all that is nonsense. it's very cut and dry.

    calling her and her people hateful bigots is irrelevant to the issue.... she did nothign wrong and did not deserve any attempt to assault her and her people... period.
    her behavior or beliefs come into play if they were illegitimate... other than that, they don't matter one bit.

  8. #808
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,663

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyW View Post
    What really puzzles me is how so called enlightened liberals/progressives worldwide, somehow think it morally ok for those at Charlie Hebdo to draw cartoons and be martyrs for the cause, but it's not ok for Pam Geller.
    I believe the difference comes down to intent, or at least perceived intent.

    Charlie Hebdo is a general interest satirical magazine (similar to the late National Lampoon), that just happened to have some satirical content involving Islam, and by 'some' satirical content, I mean 'very little' - they went after everyone: Jews, Catholics, Muslims, Governments, Political Parties, etc. They are pretty much equal opportunity as far as their satirical targets, and they spread it around.

    The incident in Texas is perceived not only as taking target at a single group (Islam), but even worse they appear to goading & baiting them into a fight. And that makes it appear more hate directed than then the 'art' or 'satire' it was ostensibly billed as.

    CH has proven editorial & satirical bona fides - the Texas group and Ms. Geller do not - at thier worst, they're seen as hate group (a 1st amendment protected hate group, but a hate group none-the-less).

    And I believe the rationale above is why the rest of the world is not rallying to Texas' side as they did to France.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  9. #809
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    Re: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    no worries.. i'm not offended... I won't come shoot at you or otherwise assault you.

    my short skirt analogy relies on incitement of sexual thoughts (not an invitation for sex, as you said) of some men.
    talking trash about Mohammed, or drawing pictures of him, or whatever...incites anger in some extremists Muslims.

    inciting these emotions simply doesn't' justify illegitimate reactions... and the victim ,in either case, is held blameless for the illegitimate actions of those whom retaliate.

    no one has to like or agree with what these people are doing... but they have the right to do so, and nobody has the right to assault them over their speech.... end of story.
    there's no hemming and hawwing about it.. there's no bull**** about " that's not legitimate free speech" or whatever... all that is nonsense. it's very cut and dry.

    calling her and her people hateful bigots is irrelevant to the issue.... she did nothign wrong and did not deserve any attempt to assault her and her people... period.
    her behavior or beliefs come into play if they were illegitimate... other than that, they don't matter one bit.
    I hear you better but I still don't think that the analogy works...

    I agree that nobody has the right to attack them over free speech.

  10. #810
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    The incident in Texas is perceived not only as taking target at a single group (Islam), but even worse they appear to goading & baiting them into a fight.
    ^^^ This ^^^

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •