Page 68 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 1668

Thread: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit [W:439, 529, 978, 1489]

  1. #671
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas [W:439, 529]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    On the one hand, I would tend to agree that the focus of the meeting/conference was kinda...childish.

    But the 1st A protects the right of everyone to speak freely....except in specific circumstances, such as "shouting fire in a crowded theater".
    Well Mark, who has suggested that they didn't have a first amendment right to be childish??
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #672
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas [W:439, 529]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I'd like to be there when you suggested that to the security guards family, lol.
    He's a hero and his family should be proud

  3. #673
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas [W:439, 529]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You realize that depictions of Mohammed cartoon or otherwise carry the same punishment ( execution ) that being a Homosexual does.

    Anyway, the real story is ISIS in the United States and their claim that this attack is just the first of many.
    I'm sure the liberal response after those attacks will be that we deserve it

  4. #674
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,890

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    Just like the rape victim who wore the shirt skirt apparently.
    The two aren't even remotely analogous... Why did you even bother?

  5. #675
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,699

    Re: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    I'm checking, hold on. Nope, the thread title here is specifically about the shooting
    He's saying that the argument about criticizing the cartoon festival being off base because 1st A is an unrelated argument to the shooting.

    Just because they got shot at doesn't mean they were right to do what they did.

    Basically.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #676
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,699

    Re: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas [W:439, 529]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Well Mark, who has suggested that they didn't have a first amendment right to be childish??
    No one reasonable. That was my point.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #677
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    The two aren't even remotely analogous... Why did you even bother?
    Both blame the victim even though the victim was well within their rights. You have to own your argument. I merely clarified it for you

  8. #678
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,699

    Re: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas [W:439, 529]

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    I'm sure the liberal response after those attacks will be that we deserve it
    No one deserves to be attacked like that.

    No reasonable person would suggest such a thing.

    That said, being attacked does not validate stupidity, which I think drawing mocking pictures of the leading figure from a major religion which has violent radical followers...qualifies as.


    At the least it qualifies as a somewhat asshole move.


    Edit: tl;dr: Being stupid doesn't deserve violence, but violence doesn't make stupid...smart.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #679
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    He's saying that the argument about criticizing the cartoon festival being off base because 1st A is an unrelated argument to the shooting.

    Just because they got shot at doesn't mean they were right to do what they did.

    Basically.
    They were right to do what they did because of the Constitution. We have to keep drilling that concept into liberals over and over since they side with the two dead shooters

  10. #680
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,699

    Re: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    They were right to do what they did because of the Constitution. We have to keep drilling that concept into liberals over and over since they side with the two dead shooters
    No.

    The 1st A protects their right to speak, but it doesn't make their speech right.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •