Page 157 of 167 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1668

Thread: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit [W:439, 529, 978, 1489]

  1. #1561
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,932

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    My (real) argument is that the American court has placed limitations on speech
    You've already stated in this thread that your argument is that the Geller draw-Mohammad-contest was an incitement to violence and was thus forbidden by American laws that are restricting free speech. ('Unprotected speech')

    This was your statement, a documented statement since it still exists in this thread, and nearly everyone called you out on that lie.
    And it is a lie because it simply isn't true that mocking a religion is "incitement to violence", so there you have it, it's quite simple isn't it.

    What's your problem today, did you fight with your wife last night?
    Nope.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #1562
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The speech which already is unprotected, which Geller's, one could argue falls under. But until such is successfully argued, (in court of course) it must be accepted as her right, while recognised as the reckless and irresponsible abuse of the constitutions intent that it is, which resulted in an injury.....................this time.
    You feel it will one day be illegal to draw pictures of Mohammed in the United States???You are one ambitious Muslim!

  3. #1563
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    You've already stated in this thread that your argument is that the Geller draw-Mohammad-contest was an incitement to violence and was thus forbidden by American laws that are restricting free speech. ('Unprotected speech')

    This was your statement, a documented statement since it still exists in this thread, and nearly everyone called you out on that lie.
    And it is a lie because it simply isn't true that mocking a religion is "incitement to violence", so there you have it, it's quite simple isn't it.



    Nope.
    I said its my position that it should be argued under unprotected speech. And it most certainly did draw out extremists for violence. Which is why I would like to see it successfully argued in court. Your still lacking understanding of how things work in America. And your hyperbole that two posters who happen to be fellow bigots of yours constitutes "everyone" is laughable.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #1564
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You feel it will one day be illegal to draw pictures of Mohammed in the United States???You are one ambitious Muslim!
    Feeling?? I hope that somebody eventually successfully argues that gratuitous provocations that result in violence and death will become illegal under existing unprotected speech guidelines.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #1565
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    And too lazy to read thru the thread to educate yourself of my position, you project a strawman that I never claimed. I'm not alone, there are other free speech advocates that take issue with Geller's expression.

    Freedom of Expression vs. Inciting Violence
    The writer also says that Geller is inciting the "uneducated and ignorant".

    While that's true it then becomes a matter of how to deal with these people. One way is to not respond in any serious way apart from a few tsk tsks, or do what Geller does on her website. Perhaps there are several ways to deal with these crazies, but Americans turning on each other against those who would kill them is not one of the better tactics.

  6. #1566
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Feeling?? I hope that somebody eventually successfully argues that gratuitous provocations that result in violence and death will become illegal under existing unprotected speech guidelines.
    Careful! You gratuitously provoking me.

  7. #1567
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,537

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Once again you have zero knowledge regarding what a straw man argument is.
    Educate yourself on that part.

    Regarding the opinion piece you have referred to, that does not constitute as a reference to how the mockery of religion falls under unprotected speech - which is your ignorant claim - under US law. That's what you've been asked five times now to back up with evidence, five times that you're not doing so until now. Five times that you're proving your argument relies solely on your repulsive agenda and your opposition to free speech and not on anything else. Refer to the US law that restricts free speech in the case of the mockery of religion or move along.
    I understand the Islamists' leftist helpmates have copies of the Constitution of the U.S. that contain an "All Icky Clause," which prohibits any expression that might make any other person feel all icky. Maybe your copy doesn't have that. Mine doesn't, either.

  8. #1568
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,932

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I said its my position that it should be argued under unprotected speech.
    Bull****. You said that it falls under unprotected speech, you've claimed it's "incitement to violence".
    You're now retracting your own damned words and that's quite shameful.

    And it most certainly did draw out extremists for violence. Which is why I would like to see it successfully argued in court. Your still lacking understanding of how things work in America. And your hyperbole that two posters who happen to be fellow bigots of yours constitutes "everyone" is laughable.
    The only one who has no idea how things work, in America and outside it, is you mate.
    Free speech is a key value in every democracy, and the way you oppose it really brings me to ask you why you choose to live in a democracy when you can live in a dictatorship or a theocracy that would fit the ideals you're promoting.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  9. #1569
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The writer also says that Geller is inciting the "uneducated and ignorant".

    While that's true it then becomes a matter of how to deal with these people. One way is to not respond in any serious way apart from a few tsk tsks, or do what Geller does on her website. Perhaps there are several ways to deal with these crazies, but Americans turning on each other against those who would kill them is not one of the better tactics.
    You mean to say that the Americans critical of Gellar constitutes Americans turning on each other?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #1570
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Careful! You gratuitously provoking me.
    My apologies.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •