Page 156 of 167 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1668

Thread: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit [W:439, 529, 978, 1489]

  1. #1551
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,912

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    That's like saying that DP opposes free speech because they won't allow me to call you what you are. Due to your intellectual laziness, you won't read through these 160 pages to see what my position is. Instead you inject a strawman, and then demand once, twice, three times that I respond to it. That's failed debate young man. While Geller's right to her ignorant and irresponsible hate that she hides behind her constitutional liberties has been acknowledged by me, I have consistently pointed out its failure and imprudence. I've also pointed out that American courts have placed limitations on speech, and that it could be argued that Geller's speech does fall under those limitations, but pointed out that until such argument is made in court, it will just remain stupid, gratuitously provocative and irresponsible speech. All of which you would know if you weren't so damn lazy, and intellectually dishonest.
    You've been asked four times to provide evidence to your claims. You've strongly refused putting a reference to show that the mockery of religion is an unprotected speech or how the American legal system limits freedom of speech when it comes to the mockery of religion. You're embarrassing really and that's all I've been pointing out here.

    Regarding the actual topic the mockery of religion has never been unprotected speech and probably never will in America. What is referred to as unprotected speech is incitement to violence, incitement to racism, copyrights issues, libel, threats of violence, fighting words etc etc etc. If there's something you've learned today it is that you should study the law before you try and use it in defense of your repulsive agenda - an agenda that strongly opposes one of Democracy's key values; the freedom of speech.

    By the way, DP is a private website and is not required by law to grant you the freedom of speech when you're posting on its boards, so that's yet more stupid.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 05-12-15 at 11:45 AM.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #1552
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    You've been asked four times to provide evidence to your claims. You've strongly refused putting a reference to show that the mockery of religion is an unprotected speech or how the American legal system limits freedom of speech when it comes to the mockery of religion. You're embarrassing really and that's all I've been pointing out here.

    Regarding the actual topic the mockery of religion has never been unprotected speech and probably never will in America. What is referred to as unprotected speech is incitement to violence, incitement to racism, copyrights issues, libel, threats of violence, fighting words etc etc etc. If there's something you've learned today it is that you should study the law before you try and use it in defense of your repulsive agenda - an agenda that strongly opposes one of Democracy's key values; the freedom of speech.

    By the way, DP is a private website and is not required by law to grant you the freedom of speech when you're posting on its boards, so that's yet more stupid.
    Continue projecting your straw man and argue with yourself.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #1553
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    Their acts were provocative so I'm certain our liberal friends will hold them accountable
    Well of course, that's what should be done with irresponsible behavior.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #1554
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,912

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Continue projecting your straw man and argue with yourself.
    You don't seem to know what a strawman argument is, that far is obvious, just like you don't know what free speech in America is.
    An example of a strawman argument is you claiming that someone said that he hates Muslims based on nothing that he said.
    So you're not just ignorant as to what a strawman argument is, you are also, once again, an hypocrite.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #1555
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    Conservative speech of course
    The speech which already is unprotected, which Geller's, one could argue falls under. But until such is successfully argued, (in court of course) it must be accepted as her right, while recognised as the reckless and irresponsible abuse of the constitutions intent that it is, which resulted in an injury.....................this time.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 05-12-15 at 12:58 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #1556
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    You don't seem to know what a strawman argument is, that far is obvious, just like you don't know what free speech in America is.
    An example of a strawman argument is you claiming that someone said that he hates Muslims based on nothing that he said.
    So you're not just ignorant as to what a strawman argument is, you are also, once again, an hypocrite.
    And too lazy to read thru the thread to educate yourself of my position, you project a strawman that I never claimed. I'm not alone, there are other free speech advocates that take issue with Geller's expression.

    http://uptowncollective.com/2015/05/...pamela-geller/
    Last edited by Montecresto; 05-12-15 at 01:01 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #1557
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28,586

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The speech which already is unprotected, which Geller's, one could argue falls under. But until such is successfully argued, (in court of course) it must be accepted as her right, while recognised as the reckless and irresponsible abuse of the constitutions intent that it is, which resulted in an injury.....................this time.
    Are you really upset that ISIS affiliated terrorists were injured?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1558
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,912

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    And too lazy to read thru the thread to educate yourself of my position, you project a strawman that I never claimed. I'm not alone, there are other free speech advocates that take issue with Geller's expression.

    Freedom of Expression vs. Inciting Violence
    Once again you have zero knowledge regarding what a straw man argument is.
    Educate yourself on that part.

    Regarding the opinion piece you have referred to, that does not constitute as a reference to how the mockery of religion falls under unprotected speech - which is your ignorant claim - under US law. That's what you've been asked five times now to back up with evidence, five times that you're not doing so until now. Five times that you're proving your argument relies solely on your repulsive agenda and your opposition to free speech and not on anything else. Refer to the US law that restricts free speech in the case of the mockery of religion or move along.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  9. #1559
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Are you really upset that ISIS affiliated terrorists were injured?
    Of course not, I'm upset that a security guard was injured. I'm glad the attackers were killed, but will be even happier if Geller finds more responsible expressions to advocate her liberties.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #1560
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Once again you have zero knowledge regarding what a straw man argument is.
    Educate yourself on that part.

    Regarding the opinion piece you have referred to, that does not constitute as a reference to how the mockery of religion falls under unprotected speech - which is your ignorant claim - under US law. That was what you've been asked five times now to back up with evidence, five times that you're not doing so until now. Five times that you're proving your argument relies solely on your repulsive agenda and your opposition to free speech and not on anything else. Refer to the US law that restricts free speech in the case of the mockery of religion or move along.
    I see you're continuing your strawman argument. My (real) argument is that the American court has placed limitations on speech and that it's my opinion that Geller's should be placed under it, but that until such is successfully argued it remains wreckless and irresponsible speech that all free speech advocates should condemn her on. What's your problem today, did you fight with your wife last night?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •