Page 155 of 167 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1668

Thread: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit [W:439, 529, 978, 1489]

  1. #1541
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,839

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Do you have some special authority to excuse people from debate, hmm?
    Why? Because I told you to either back up your claims or move along? Why just a moment ago you posted this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yes, OF COURSE it most definitely is restricted. You do not understand free speech in America, stop talking about it.
    And this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    No wiggling, put up, or shut up. If your going to insist on your brand of morality, then join Geller's gratuitous provocation to the Muslim faith and accept the risks.
    So you're not only an horrible poster in the sense that you refuse to back up your baseless assertions, you're also quite the hypocrite.

    Now I'll say it again, either put a reference that shows the mockery of religion is unprotected speech or move along.

    Other than your own hate for Muslims
    Wow. I never talked about Muslims in this thread but suddenly I hate them. You're quite the pathetic one aren't you.

    why do you support gratuitously offending the religion. And why would you support inciting violence as we saw in Garland last week. For your satisfaction of having offended Muslim sensibilities???
    I don't support her actions but I believe in democracy and I believe in free speech. If you oppose free speech then I don't know what you're doing in America. Secondly her actions do not constitute as "inciting to violence" - that's pretty much outright lying. I don't remember reading on any calls for violence from the event. If you believe otherwise put a reference or move along.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #1542
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    08-12-16 @ 12:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I don't see any space between us, if you've looked back over 150 pages to see everything I've said on this. This could however be successfully argued as unprotected speech as per its incitement of violence.
    The honest and intelligent people among us realize that the word "incitement" is not defined by the overreactions of violent, thin-skinned totalitarians attempting to suppress free speech, but by whether any actual incitement to violence occurred.

    If Geller rounded up the troops and told them to go burn down some mosques or shoot your people, she would be guilty of incitement. Saying things you people do not want to hear is not incitement simply because you support violence in your attempt to suppress it.
    Last edited by Gardener; 05-12-15 at 10:00 AM.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  3. #1543
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Why? Because I told you to either back up your claims or move along? Why just a moment ago you posted this:



    And this:



    So you're not only an horrible poster in the sense that you refuse to back up your baseless assertions, you're also quite the hypocrite.

    Now I'll say it again, either put a reference that shows the mockery of religion is unprotected speech or move along.



    Wow. I never talked about Muslims in this thread but suddenly I hate them. You're quite the pathetic one aren't you.



    I don't support her actions but I believe in democracy and I believe in free speech. If you oppose free speech then I don't know what you're doing in America. Secondly her actions do not constitute as "inciting to violence" - that's pretty much outright lying. I don't remember reading on any calls for violence from the event. If you believe otherwise put a reference or move along.
    I don't oppose free speech. You came late to the debate and think you're up to speed, I oppose reckless speech, and gratuitously offensive speech, and Geller's brand of speech that serves no other purpose than to anger an entire group of people! That you support it is very telling of your own character.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #1544
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    The honest and intelligent people among us realize that the word "incitement" is not defined by the overreactions by violent, thin-skinned totalitarians attempting to suppress free speech, but by whether any actual incitement to violence occurred.

    If Geller rounded up the troops and told them to go burn down some mosques or shoot your people, she would be guilty of incitement. Saying things you people do not want to hear is not incitement simply because you support violence in your attempt to suppress it.
    Geller's gratuitous provocation incited violence, unless you think it was the color of her dress that offended.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #1545
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Everything provokes the sensitivity of Muslims. When those who are steeped in a totalitarian ideology viciously opposed to free thought meet with any resistance, the notion that their ideology can be questioned is met with violence.

    What he is saying is that your people's violent reactions should not limit the ability to oppose the vicious intolerance of your ideology.
    Good to see you back!

  6. #1546
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    08-12-16 @ 12:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Good to see you back!
    thanks!
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  7. #1547
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,839

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I don't oppose free speech. You came late to the debate and think you're up to speed, I oppose reckless speech, and gratuitously offensive speech, and Geller's brand of speech that serves no other purpose than to anger an entire group of people! That you support it is very telling of your own character.
    You do oppose freedom of speech and we have plenty of comments in this thread to base that assertion on. Namely the comments that are referring to the mockery of religion as something that "falls under unprotected speech" and thus should be restricted by the law.

    That I support free speech is very telling of my character, you are correct in pointing that out, and I am correct in pointing out that the way you oppose free speech is very telling of your character, as well as the way you feel the need to wish posters you disagree with to "get the bullet".
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  8. #1548
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    You do oppose freedom of speech and we have plenty of comments in this thread to base that assertion on. Namely the comments that are referring to the mockery of religion as something that "falls under unprotected speech" and thus should be restricted by the law.

    That I support free speech is very telling of my character, you are correct in pointing that out, and I am correct in pointing out that the way you oppose free speech is very telling of your character, as well as the way you feel the need to wish posters you disagree with to "get the bullet".
    That's like saying that DP opposes free speech because they won't allow me to call you what you are. Due to your intellectual laziness, you won't read through these 160 pages to see what my position is. Instead you inject a strawman, and then demand once, twice, three times that I respond to it. That's failed debate young man. While Geller's right to her ignorant and irresponsible hate that she hides behind her constitutional liberties has been acknowledged by me, I have consistently pointed out its failure and imprudence. I've also pointed out that American courts have placed limitations on speech, and that it could be argued that Geller's speech does fall under those limitations, but pointed out that until such argument is made in court, it will just remain stupid, gratuitously provocative and irresponsible speech. All of which you would know if you weren't so damn lazy, and intellectually dishonest.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #1549
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    That's like saying that DP opposes free speech because they won't allow me to call you what you are. Due to your intellectual laziness, you won't read through these 160 pages to see what my position is. Instead you inject a strawman, and then demand once, twice, three times that I respond to it. That's failed debate young man. While Geller's right to her ignorant and irresponsible hate that she hides behind her constitutional liberties has been acknowledged by me, I have consistently pointed out its failure and imprudence. I've also pointed out that American courts have placed limitations on speech, and that it could be argued that Geller's speech does fall under those limitations, but pointed out that until such argument is made in court, it will just remain stupid, gratuitously provocative and irresponsible speech. All of which you would know if you weren't so damn lazy, and intellectually dishonest.
    If you had directed these remarks against a Muslim they could be justified in killing you and those who happen to be in your vicinity.

  10. #1550
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    54,838

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I don't see any space between us, if you've looked back over 150 pages to see everything I've said on this. This could however be successfully argued as unprotected speech as per its incitement of violence.
    Nope. Saying something that others find offensive isn't incitement to violence, and doing so is no more "unprotected" than the idiots on facebook stomping on American flags.
    Worth noting, Democrats: President Trump will have a Pen and a Phone. #Precedent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •