Page 122 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1668

Thread: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit [W:439, 529, 978, 1489]

  1. #1211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    The headlines of the video



    They're shocked that Anjem Choudary would say something like that? I'd be shocked if he didn't come out with such hateful extreme views because he's been ranting and raving like this for years. They clearly have no idea who this individual is or they woldn't be shocked by the garbage that comes out of his mouth.

    Complete and utter nutjob. He's been discussed extensively over in the EU Forum (He's British) and in my four years here as a DP Member and I can't ever recall anyone having a reasonable word to say about him. Quite the opposite. He's a whacko.
    He's NOT a nutjob, you are diminishing the problem when you try to assign it to mental illness.
    The man is logical and rational in his own way-and its a belief held by hundreds of millions.

    We should be thankful for people like him-in that he will come out and say what he thinks rather than hide behind PC crap.

    Real people really feel as he does-thats a problem.

  2. #1212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Isn't the dichotomy of the left striking?

    The funny thing is they aren't sure which is worse, Geller or Islamists.
    Yes, they're all about circling the wagons and shooting inwards. They needn't be water-boarded to give it all away. Just the slightest threat will encourage them to ban all and any criticism of Islam, despite its record. Much the same is happening in Europe also.

  3. #1213
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,115

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    They're shocked that Anjem Choudary would say something like that? I'd be shocked if he didn't come out with such hateful extreme views because he's been ranting and raving like this for years. They clearly have no idea who this individual is or they woldn't be shocked by the garbage that comes out of his mouth.
    Yeah, remember that time that Pamela Geller and her followers tried to blow up his mosque?

    Me either.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  4. #1214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And you're convinced we shouldn't do that, right? Is that why the leftists are so silent on the murders of Gays by Muslims while making a fuss about a hypothetical case about a pizza parlor in Indiana? Why they seldom complain about honor killings, stoning women, murdering Christians, and so on?

    The left prefers silence on these issues so as not to 'piss off Muslims'. We know that and understand that.
    This is evident on its face.

    And to the left, an Indiana pizza restaurant is actually worse. Talk about warped thinking.

  5. #1215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, they're all about circling the wagons and shooting inwards. They needn't be water-boarded to give it all away. Just the slightest threat will encourage them to ban all and any criticism of Islam, despite its record. Much the same is happening in Europe also.
    This is why the left is the target of terrorist propaganda, they know who will surrender/fold like its cool and its not conservatives.

  6. #1216
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,656

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    What happened to the Muslim golden age was the Mongol invasion. The Monastic orders of Europe were also responsible in the Middle Ages for protecting much of the ancient knowledge we know today.



    The only place I see that happening is in the Global Warming debate.



    False. They are all reported, there just aren't nearly as many right wing attacks as Islamic attacks.



    A poor use of statistics. The country is 30% right wing and 1% Muslim so there SHOULD be 30 times the number of "right wing" terrorist attacks if they are equally capable of generating terror attacks.... but the truth is that there are far more Islamic terror attacks than Right Wing terror attacks and that is using the very dubious rule of thumb that all home grown terrorists with a problem with Government are right wing.

    So the evidence of right wingers becoming terrorists at a lesser rate is that there are fewer right wing terrorists than Islamic terrorists even though there are 30 times more right wingers.



    And? Wishing harm on a guy intent on blowing up a building full of Americans isn't terrorism.



    Haha! Oh irony. Your "I hate the haters" gambit defeats itself because you fail to be even a little introspective.



    There is little difference between you and right wingers because you hate each other... you are both infinitely better than the Islamic radical that wants to behead you and rape your children.





    Which isn't true, either, but again, even if the environmentalists are a small group compared to right wingers they have an inordinate number of terror attacks under their belts.



    Your "wake up sheeple" gambit is not better informed than your "I hate the haters" gambit.
    And you provide nothing but personal attacks in response. Show some evidence! Think for yourself! The data is out there.

    Kohn: Since 9/11, right-wing extremists killed more Americans than Islamic extremists | PunditFact

    There are obviously far more islamic terrorists worldwide, but on US soil there are more right wing terrorists than Islamic terrorists.. largely because there are so few Muslims and so many right wingers.

    And yes, if both Muslims and right wingers became terrorists at the same rate there would be 30x more right wing terrorists. Obviously they don't. Muslims are probably something like 10-15x more likely to be a terrorist than a right winger, meaning that there are still 2-3x more right wing terrorists than islamic terrorists...

    Finally to pull this back to the original point.... We're not scared of right wing terrorists, so why should we be scared of islamic terrorists on US soil? There are more pressing problems.

  7. #1217
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,115

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    And you provide nothing but personal attacks in response. Show some evidence! Think for yourself! The data is out there.
    I showed you the list of terrorist attacks by Muslims.

    And again, if your argument is "if you discount 9/11, right wingers look worse than Islamists!" I will both laugh at you and point out the intellectual dishonesty of ignoring 9/11 in order to skew your statistics. I have shown the number of terror attacks by Islamists since 9/11, and you respond with "evidence" that only says your claim is "half true"! They give her a half true because the labeling of right wing and Islamic attacks in her source were subjective (and I would add that the source was biased and their compilation was agenda driven)

    So do you make it a habit of distributing half truths as facts?


    There are obviously far more islamic terrorists worldwide, but on US soil there are more right wing terrorists than Islamic terrorists.. largely because there are so few Muslims and so many right wingers.
    False. Nothing you have provided would indicate this to be true. Certainly the number of attempts and successes (regardless of success) leans heavily towards more Islamic terrorists.

    And yes, if both Muslims and right wingers became terrorists at the same rate there would be 30x more right wing terrorists. Obviously they don't. Muslims are probably something like 10-15x more likely to be a terrorist than a right winger, meaning that there are still 2-3x more right wing terrorists than islamic terrorists...
    You are pulling numbers out of thin air. But at least we can agree that a Muslim is far more likely to become a terrorist! Baby steps.

    Finally to pull this back to the original point.... We're not scared of right wing terrorists, so why should we be scared of islamic terrorists on US soil? There are more pressing problems.
    We aren't scared because there are not very many of them. Obviously you are more scared than I am as you have amassed a whole series of phony statistics to validate your position that right wingers are a threat.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #1218
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    30,849

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    But the majority, the huge majority of Muslims are not monsters. That there are idiots burning books, idiots destroying holy sites, etc. etc. etc. does not say anything about the right of the hundreds of millions non-terrorists from complaining about insulting images of their prophet. You keep stating things about terrorists (who have indeed lost the right to complain about anything) but all the non-terrorists have rights too. Now we may not have to do anything with that but let's not pretend we are doing this to protect the right of free speech. We do this to protect the right of thumbing our nose at the feelings of others, which is fine if you want to do that, but let us be honest about it.

    If someone insults the United States (as a foreigner) or has criticism of the USA as an American he/she will be attacked with fervor. And that criticism can be almost very extreme and very vitriolic. That is something that seems to be the norm.



    Yes, giving my opinion is whining

    I don't cherry pick, I do not like offending anyone's religion. But when Family guy does an episode they are doing it in the form of humor and they do it against anyone and the same goes for South Park. The problem is that many of these "freedom of speech means I can paint whatever picture of Mohammed I want" supporters go insane when you criticize something they support or believe in. That is the way most people react.

    And sorry, but there are many people (and in some countries that number goes up and up) who think all religious books are works of fiction. I am not going to compare it to Harry Potter books because I am a Potter fan
    When you leftists can show the same respect for all other religions that you all do for Islam then you all can demand that we shouldn't offend Muslims.Until then you have no room to complain about someone drawing a Islamic religious figure.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #1219
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    30,849

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Well, she succeeded. Two dead terrorists.
    I think she or others like her should do this all over the country. It could be like how a bait car is used to catch car thieves.This could be used to catch terrorists.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #1220
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    30,849

    Re: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas [W:439, 529]

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Gotta love the media doing its part.

    In about a week, gruberites are gonna know two things-Pam Geller bad, two people died.

    Who knows whats after that-maybe "terrorists lives matter" rallies?
    IF the media was honest they wouldn't whine about how we shouldn't offend terrorists.Instead they would show the religious and historical sites these terrorists have destroyed every time ISIS whines about someone offending their prophet.They would show the people they committed genocide against every time they whined about someone insulting Islam.The media would be pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of these animals.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •