Page 111 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1668

Thread: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit [W:439, 529, 978, 1489]

  1. #1101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    "When people prefer to focus on the motives of the victims rather than on the motives of the attackers, they will ignore the single most important matter: that an art exhibition, or free speech, has been targeted".
    Outstandingly timed quote.

  2. #1102
    Lady Libertarian


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,122

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Are you saying there are more left-wing militias in the USA than right-wing militias?
    You may want to rethink whose thinking you are calling completely and mind-numbingly ignorant--though I'm not saying that about you--just sayin .
    There are more ISLAMIC terrorists than any other kind. This isn't a left-right thing. It's a holy war.


  3. #1103
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    26,662

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Are you sure YER going to stick with that story of having a massive amount of security?

    And who should be paying for that security if it was so massive?

    Why should cash-strapped cities be footing the bill for far right-wingers who are--are you ready--anti-government ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    I didn't put words in your mouth. It's a question for you to answer. So what's your answer?

    I completely support her (and anyone's) right to make fun of any religion. This didn't come close AT ALL to a mass murder because they had a massive amount of security. Charlie Hebdo had none.
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  4. #1104
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,805

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The shooters were there because of the insensitivity of ignorant bigots seeking the entertainment value of offending an entire group of people that they already hate. Irresponsible ass holes. If they keep colouring their cartoons, we'll likely see more of this.
    More dead terrorists? Great.

  5. #1105
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Sorry -- I really don't understand people who care about the feelings of terrorists.
    As I don't understand those people who consider all Muslims to be terrorists. Other then the fact that we have our share of bigots here in America.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #1106
    Lady Libertarian


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,122

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Are you sure YER going to stick with that story of having a massive amount of security?

    And who should be paying for that security if it was so massive?

    Why should cash-strapped cities be footing the bill for far right-wingers who are--are you ready--anti-government ?
    Pamela Geller's group paid for their own extra security.


  7. #1107
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    More dead terrorists? Great.
    Sure, if it always works out that way.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #1108
    Lady Libertarian


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,122

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    As I don't understand those people who consider all Muslims to be terrorists. Other then the fact that we have our share of bigots here in America.
    Who does?


  9. #1109
    Lady Libertarian


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,122

    re: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit [W:439, 529, 978, 1489]

    NIMBY --- you say that you do NOT believe that making fun of religion should be illegal across the board. You say it's "the way" Pamela Geller did it.

    So give me a scenario where making fun of Islam is done the "right way".


  10. #1110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    But the majority, the huge majority of Muslims are not monsters.
    Tat really doesn't need repeating. Everyone in the world understands that not all Muslims are terrorists.
    That there are idiots burning books, idiots destroying holy sites, etc. etc. etc. does not say anything about the right of the hundreds of millions non-terrorists from complaining about insulting images of their prophet. You keep stating things about terrorists (who have indeed lost the right to complain about anything) but all the non-terrorists have rights too. Now we may not have to do anything with that but let's not pretend we are doing this to protect the right of free speech. We do this to protect the right of thumbing our nose at the feelings of others, which is fine if you want to do that, but let us be honest about it.
    Your feelings may have been hurt on this board, or elsewhere, many times but I doubt you would murder anyone as a consequence. That's because we are rational, educated, civilized human beings who understand criticism and mockery have their place in our culture, a freedom not all that long available in human history.
    If someone insults the United States (as a foreigner) or has criticism of the USA as an American he/she will be attacked with fervor. And that criticism can be almost very extreme and very vitriolic. That is something that seems to be the norm.
    In fact we see a great deal of criticism of the USA on these boards but no one's life will ever be in danger.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •