Page 110 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1668

Thread: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit [W:439, 529, 978, 1489]

  1. #1091
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Do you say that about EVERYONE who makes fun of ANY religion.....? Cuz that's most every show on American television, numerous movies, at least 3 Broadway musicals that I can think of off the top of my head....
    Yes. And given some Islamic extremists proclivity to violent responses to their prophet being disrespected, openly poking that stick is stupid. I would also point out to you its thoroughly unnecessary for Geller to prove she has a constitutional right of free speech.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #1092
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    26,352

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    So NO ONE should be allowed to make fun of Islam? Is that correct?
    I judged you better than to try to put those words in my mouth Josie.
    At no time did I say NO ONE and you know it.

    I said it was the "WAY" Geller did it.
    Do YOU agree with Geller doing the EXACT SAME thing that produced the Hebdo mass murder?
    Not to mention the innocent lives not related to the drawings.
    Don't you realize how close this was to a mass murder ?
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  3. #1093
    Lady Libertarian


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,023

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yes. And given some Islamic extremists proclivity to violent responses to their prophet being disrespected, openly poking that stick is stupid. I would also point out to you its thoroughly unnecessary for Geller to prove she has a constitutional right of free speech.
    Well, at least you're consistent. And when you say it's irresponsible, should people who make fun of religions and then that religions retaliates violently ... should those people be held legally responsible for whatever happens?


  4. #1094
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    She did.

    She offended the prophet mohammed which is now bad. Obama said so.

    The moral of all this is don't mess with Obama's faith.
    A real President would address the nation with what happened, and with resolve commit to fight any ideology that would lead to such things.

    In other words, not Obama.

  5. #1095
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Do you have an ounce of evidence the guys in this instance came in from Mexico?

    We've known there have been ISIS-sympathetic people in the US for quite some time.
    It does not matter, our borders are open, people like these terrorists CAN therefore enter.

  6. #1096
    Lady Libertarian


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,023

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    I judged you better than to try to put those words in my mouth Josie.
    At no time did I say NO ONE and you know it.

    I said it was the "WAY" Geller did it.
    Do YOU agree with Geller doing the EXACT SAME thing that produced the Hebdo mass murder?
    Not to mention the innocent lives not related to the drawings.
    Don't you realize how close this was to a mass murder ?
    I didn't put words in your mouth. It's a question for you to answer. So what's your answer?

    I completely support her (and anyone's) right to make fun of any religion. This didn't come close AT ALL to a mass murder because they had a massive amount of security. Charlie Hebdo had none.


  7. #1097
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    26,352

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    This thinking is completely ignorant. Mind-numbingly ignorant.
    Are you saying there are more left-wing militias in the USA than right-wing militias?
    You may want to rethink whose thinking you are calling completely and mind-numbingly ignorant--though I'm not saying that about you--just sayin .
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  8. #1098
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Yes, a security guard was injured because 2 terrorists shot him, not because some people drew pictures.
    The shooters were there because of the insensitivity of ignorant bigots seeking the entertainment value of offending an entire group of people that they already hate. Irresponsible ass holes. If they keep colouring their cartoons, we'll likely see more of this.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #1099
    Lady Libertarian


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,023

    Re: Shooting at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The shooters were there because of the insensitivity of ignorant bigots seeking the entertainment value of offending an entire group of people that they already hate. Irresponsible ass holes. If they keep colouring their cartoons, we'll likely see more of this.
    Sorry -- I really don't understand people who care about the feelings of terrorists.


  10. #1100
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Two Shot at Muhammad Art Exhibit in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    A real President would address the nation with what happened, and with resolve commit to fight any ideology that would lead to such things.

    In other words, not Obama.
    The president should tell her to stop being an irresponsible trouble making hater.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •