Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 302

Thread: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

  1. #281
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    You've been told muliple times: It has to do with the legality of the arrest and Constitutional matters enter into that. You don't get to decide what is and isn't discussed here. If you don't want to talk about that, don't, but you are not the King of the forum.
    You have been told multiple times now that you are wrong.
    And you are even changing the goal posts.
    So stop with your absurdity.
    This topic has nothing to do with a Constitutional argument.

    It has to do with City code applied to the circumstances.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #282
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,684

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Seems like his arrest was totally illegal. The cops are using "eye contact" as proof that he needed to be detained. He stopped 2 blocks after "eye contact" was made and the cops are using that as justification that he was fleeing. Lets just admit it. They profiled him. Detained him for no reason (because he made eye contact?) and then pretended his weapon was illegal. These cops are not good honorable cops.
    Is society was made of coral our world would be floral.

  3. #283
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,031

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Seems like his arrest was totally illegal. The cops are using "eye contact" as proof that he needed to be detained. He stopped 2 blocks after "eye contact" was made and the cops are using that as justification that he was fleeing. Lets just admit it. They profiled him. Detained him for no reason (because he made eye contact?) and then pretended his weapon was illegal. These cops are not good honorable cops.
    We still are waiting on the knife, to see if it was legal or not.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  4. #284
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,684

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    We still are waiting on the knife, to see if it was legal or not.
    why did they stop him? Eye contact? They detained him because they made eye contact.... Then tried to justify the fact that they made eye contact and didnt get to stop him until 2 blocks away = detainment leading to arrest and tried to skew it as he was running from them, which is obvious he wasnt because he stopped. What was it that led to him being suspicious for detainment? Eye contact. A cop cant stop someone just for glancing at him and making eye contact.

    If you look at a cop and he looks at you, then the cop doesnt pull you over until 5 blocks have passed. Does this count as you running from the cops because of eye contact? The victim probably knew he was being stopped for a bull**** reason, but still complied yet because he had the audacity to argue with the cops one of them decided to punish him outside of the law.

    So, hypothetically even if he had a gun in his pocket... what was the reason for cops detaining him? Eye contact. That alone, to me, should lead to a voilation of constitution.
    Is society was made of coral our world would be floral.

  5. #285
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,031

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    why did they stop him? Eye contact? They detained him because they made eye contact.... Then tried to justify the fact that they made eye contact and didnt get to stop him until 2 blocks away = detainment leading to arrest and tried to skew it as he was running from them, which is obvious he wasnt because he stopped. What was it that led to him being suspicious for detainment? Eye contact. A cop cant stop someone just for glancing at him and making eye contact.

    If you look at a cop and he looks at you, then the cop doesnt pull you over until 5 blocks have passed. Does this count as you running from the cops because of eye contact? The victim probably knew he was being stopped for a bull**** reason, but still complied yet because he had the audacity to argue with the cops one of them decided to punish him outside of the law.

    So, hypothetically even if he had a gun in his pocket... what was the reason for cops detaining him? Eye contact. That alone, to me, should lead to a voilation of constitution.
    He's a bad guy, a career criminal, so that's why he got stopped. He's the kind of kind the police should be stopping.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #286
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    why did they stop him? Eye contact? They detained him because they made eye contact.... Then tried to justify the fact that they made eye contact and didnt get to stop him until 2 blocks away = detainment leading to arrest and tried to skew it as he was running from them,
    He was observed in what appeared to be a drug transaction and then ran.
    That is "reasonable suspicion" to give chase and detain.


    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    which is obvious he wasnt because he stopped.
    Just stop.
    He ran.
    He can be seen running on video from collected surveillance camera's.
    He stopped and went inside a building, came back out and doubled back into the Officers.


    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    probably knew he was being stopped for a bull**** reason,

    Oy vey!


    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    one of them decided to punish him outside of the law.
    Totally biased bs.


    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    ... what was the reason for cops detaining him? Eye contact.
    Still got it wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    and then pretended his weapon was illegal.
    They did not pretend anything.
    Last edited by Excon; 05-06-15 at 10:10 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #287
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,839

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    He's a bad guy, a career criminal, so that's why he got stopped. He's the kind of kind the police should be stopping.
    Here I disagree. You don't get stopped because of who you are or what you are. You get stopped because of what you are doing.

  8. #288
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    13,586
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    You don't get stopped because of who you are or what you are.
    Conservatives have long made it clear that they're comfortable with stopping you because of what you are. Polls have shown that conservatives are quite comfortable with profiling as long as it's not them. That's why you always get complaints from airlines passengers complaining about security scans. "BUT I'M WHITE" they always protest.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  9. #289
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,839

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Conservatives have long made it clear that they're comfortable with stopping you because of what you are. Polls have shown that conservatives are quite comfortable with profiling as long as it's not them. That's why you always get complaints from airlines passengers complaining about security scans. "BUT I'M WHITE" they always protest.
    You obviously know a different class of white people than I do. I would be interested in a link or links to those polls. They sure didn't ask me.

    Likewise the security scan statement. Pure opinion based on BS. I have heard no one ever suggest that what you allege, let alone always. Complaints about TSA? Absolutely. Complaints about because I'm white? None whatever.

  10. #290
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    We still are waiting on the knife, to see if it was legal or not.
    The knife that was found after he had been detained!!!!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •