Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 302

Thread: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

  1. #271
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,564

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    "We can't have an election. A Democrat might win!"
    In this case, an idiot won. See, you're missing the point. Unless you feel that there are no competent democrats. Are there any competent democrats?
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  2. #272
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    In this case, an idiot won. See, you're missing the point. Unless you feel that there are no competent democrats. Are there any competent democrats?
    There are very few competent people in either major party. Except at staying in office, they're great at that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #273
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,010

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    You know they just threw his ass in there and he landed on his neck. And whoever saw agreed to agree that he wasnt buckled and happened to "fall" on his own or was a crazy guy who didnt enjoy having a working neck.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  4. #274
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,010

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That is your assumption.
    What isn't an assumption is that a spring loaded knife was found. And a belief that the knife violated the cited City Code is probable cause for arrest.
    What also isn't an assumption is that she said it didn't violate Maryland law while totally ignoring that it was a City Code that was Cited as being broken.


    And again, I directed you to review the the presentation at Legal Insurrection. There was probable cause.
    How do you know there was probably cause. You werent there.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  5. #275
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Doubling down on the telling me what's acceptable to talk about? You're a trip.

    I don't care what you want to talk about. I brought up a germane point that you don't want to talk about. Which you've made abundantly clear. Guess what? The site isn't "discusswhatexconwantstodiscussandnothingelse. com" You don't get to decide what is said.

    You've already been told. The thread is about the legality of the arrest. So topics regarding that are germane to the discussion.
    Again:
    What a lame reply. You are engaged in an off-topic distraction.
    As you were already told:
    Just stop. You are arguing nonsense in regards to what is applicable here and you know it.

    You want to make a constitutional argument against the City of Baltimore, or the State of Maryland take it up with them.

    This topic is not about the Constitutionality of the law. Do you really not understand that?

    You are engaged in a distraction, nothing more. You know it and I know it.

    This topic has nothing to do with a Constitutional argument.

    It has to do with City code applied to the circumstances.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #276
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    You know they just threw his ass in there and he landed on his neck.
    iLOL

    That is an assertion that does not even follow the known evidence.


    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    How do you know there was probably cause. You werent there.
    D'oh!
    Because I know what constitutes probable cause.

    The reported circumstances established it.

    For those who thought Mosby couldn't be misrepresenting things, or that there was no probable cause ...

    Meanwhile, a police investigation continues as Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby builds her case. The separate investigations have some conflicting findings.

    While Mosby said Friday that the officers had made an illegal arrest because a knife Gray was carrying was not a "switchblade," a violation of state law, the police task force studied the knife and determined it was "spring-assisted," which does violate a Baltimore code.


    Gunshot at scene of protests underscores tension in Baltimore

    The Prosecutor is all about social agenda and not the truth.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #277
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Again:
    What a lame reply. You are engaged in an off-topic distraction.
    As you were already told:
    Just stop. You are arguing nonsense in regards to what is applicable here and you know it.

    You want to make a constitutional argument against the City of Baltimore, or the State of Maryland take it up with them.

    This topic is not about the Constitutionality of the law. Do you really not understand that?

    You are engaged in a distraction, nothing more. You know it and I know it.

    This topic has nothing to do with a Constitutional argument.

    It has to do with City code applied to the circumstances.
    As you were already told: The thread is about the legality of the arrest. Constitutional matters are germane to that. You want to avoid that discussion because it means either the police were wrong or the Second Amendment is wrong. You don't get to decide what is and isn't talked about.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #278
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    In this case, an idiot won. See, you're missing the point. Unless you feel that there are no competent democrats. Are there any competent democrats?
    Are there any competent politicians? In my view the "practice" of politics makes competence impossible. Politicians aren't interested in results. They are interested in votes and we are stupid enough to give them votes.

  9. #279
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    As you were already told: The thread is about the legality of the arrest. Constitutional matters are germane to that. You want to avoid that discussion because it means either the police were wrong or the Second Amendment is wrong. You don't get to decide what is and isn't talked about.
    And you are wrong again.

    Figures.

    Pay attention as you were already told multiple times now.

    This topic has nothing to do with a Constitutional argument.

    It has to do with City code applied to the circumstances.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #280
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And you are wrong again.

    Figures.

    Pay attention as you were already told multiple times now.

    This topic has nothing to do with a Constitutional argument.

    It has to do with City code applied to the circumstances.
    You've been told muliple times: It has to do with the legality of the arrest and Constitutional matters enter into that. You don't get to decide what is and isn't discussed here. If you don't want to talk about that, don't, but you are not the King of the forum.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •