Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 302

Thread: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

  1. #251
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,646

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    That is a different argument from what we are discussing.
    But I am sure you know that and just think you are being funny.
    .

    Who's being funny? Why would the knife be illegal, and if it is considered illegal, why was it incumbent upon Gray to observe an unconstitutional law?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I smell hosiery....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I call my wife a slut

  2. #252
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,646

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I agree, but the riot has a very racial substratum....why is that?
    Stupid people on both sides.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I smell hosiery....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I call my wife a slut

  3. #253
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,575

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Who's being funny? Why would the knife be illegal, and if it is considered illegal, why was it incumbent upon Gray to observe an unconstitutional law?
    You.
    Again, as you were already told.

    That is a different argument from what we are discussing.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #254
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,646

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You.
    Again, as you were already told.

    That is a different argument from what we are discussing.
    The topic of the thread is his arrest being called illegal. If the knife was part of the reason for the arrest, then it most certainly is germane.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I smell hosiery....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I call my wife a slut

  5. #255
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That is your assumption.
    No, it's not an assumtion.

    What isn't an assumption is that a spring loaded knife was found. And a belief that the knife violated the cited City Code is probable cause for arrest.
    What also isn't an assumption is that she said it didn't violate Maryland law while totally ignoring that it was a City Code that was Cited as being broken.
    It was spring assisted, which is legal. A switchblade opens at the push of a button. It wasn't a switchblade. She is a prosecuter for the city of Baltimore. She would be disbarred for ignoring Baltimore's laws.

    And again, I directed you to review the the presentation at Legal Insurrection. There was probable cause.
    The prosecutor said, after investigating the incident, that there was not.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #256
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    17,808

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Who's being funny? Why would the knife be illegal, and if it is considered illegal, why was it incumbent upon Gray to observe an unconstitutional law?
    How did the cops even know that he had it in his pocket?

  7. #257
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,575

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, it's not an assumtion.
    Wrong. It is an assumption on your part.


    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    It was spring assisted, which is legal. A switchblade opens at the push of a button. It wasn't a switchblade. She is a prosecuter for the city of Baltimore. She would be disbarred for ignoring Baltimore's laws.
    1. That is your assumption.
    2. It very well may be a violation of the law.
    3. And even if it was legal, believing it wasn't provides probable cause.


    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    The prosecutor said, after investigating the incident, that there was not.
    And she would be wrong. As believing it was a violation of the law is probable cause.
    Furthermore you can tell she was wrong when she called it an illegal arrest. It wasn't.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #258
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,575

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    The topic of the thread is his arrest being called illegal. If the knife was part of the reason for the arrest, then it most certainly is germane.
    Just stop. You are arguing nonsense in regards to what is applicable here and you know it.

    You want to make a constitutional argument against the City of Baltimore, or the State of Maryland take it up with them.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #259
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    12,043
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    How did the cops even know that he had it in his pocket?
    It's like I said earlier. Retro-active cause. The police had no reason for the arrest and so have to come up with an excuse after the fact.

  10. #260
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,575

    Re: City State’s Attorney Says Freddie Gray’s Arrest Illegal, Charges Officers

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    It's like I said earlier. Retro-active cause. The police had no reason for the arrest and so have to come up with an excuse after the fact.
    That is lame. The knife is not an excuse.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •