Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: Man found dead in tractor trailer near burned CVS

  1. #31
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,703

    Re: Man found dead in tractor trailer near burned CVS

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Political Pandering is why. Supposed racism is a hang up for the left in the US. In many of the poor black communities, the cops put up with a lot of harassment and abuse for the residents instead of cooperation because the politicos have convinced them that the police are after them for being black instead of just doing their jobs of arresting criminals. Haven't you been paying attention, it is the cops and the right, supposedly supporting cops, that cause more black men to be in prison than college. Has nothing to do with the fact that they committed crimes.

    Impoverished area are always the highest crime areas. Children in these areas are drug into gangs and other criminal activities because the residents don't help the cops clean up the streets. One generation of criminals keep the next generation tied down to crime this way and have a devastating affect on those seeking education and means of rising above it. Seems they would rather have their kids killed by gang violence and their schools vandalized to run down to ruins with any quality teachers scared away than see another black man who committed a crime go to jail.
    I found it interesting that in one of our Toronto newspapers this morning they head pictures of the six officers who've been charged in this case and three of the officers are black and three are white, and yet the claims are that the police are racist and that blacks suffer because of their race.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  2. #32
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    47,863

    Re: Man found dead in tractor trailer near burned CVS

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I found it interesting that in one of our Toronto newspapers this morning they head pictures of the six officers who've been charged in this case and three of the officers are black and three are white, and yet the claims are that the police are racist and that blacks suffer because of their race.
    Why are those things mutually exclusive? Do you think a systemic racial bias in America's criminal justice system somehow makes it impossible for black police officers to be violent? You don't think a black police officer can treat a black suspect differently?
    Last edited by Deuce; 05-02-15 at 12:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  3. #33
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,703

    Re: Man found dead in tractor trailer near burned CVS

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Why are those things mutually exclusive? Do you think a systemic racial bias in America's criminal justice system somehow makes it impossible for black police officers to be violent? You don't think a black police officer can treat a black suspect differently?
    I think it makes it hard to believe these three black police acted strictly on race.

    I think what it shows is that even blacks, those blacks on the police force, know that people like Gray aren't innocent babies who are rounded up and murdered because they're black. But perhaps you believe black police sit around waiting for the opportunity to randomly murder a member of their own race.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  4. #34
    Don't give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    03-27-17 @ 12:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,407

    Re: Man found dead in tractor trailer near burned CVS

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I found it interesting that in one of our Toronto newspapers this morning they head pictures of the six officers who've been charged in this case and three of the officers are black and three are white, and yet the claims are that the police are racist and that blacks suffer because of their race.
    Yea, that just drops with irony.

    Kind of takes the teeth from the 'racist white cop' meme.

  5. #35
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    47,863

    Re: Man found dead in tractor trailer near burned CVS

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I think it makes it hard to believe these three black police acted strictly on race.

    I think what it shows is that even blacks, those blacks on the police force, know that people like Gray aren't innocent babies who are rounded up and murdered because they're black. But perhaps you believe black police sit around waiting for the opportunity to randomly murder a member of their own race.
    Biggest straw man of the day. If this is how you want to "discuss" things, count me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  6. #36
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,016

    Re: Man found dead in tractor trailer near burned CVS

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I know, but like I said, why not speculate? It seems to be how we decide things today...Personally I think he died of a heart attack, but hell, I want justice!
    I see what you were trying to do but this is pathetic comparison analogy. It doesn't sound like anyone was in contact with this trucker.

    If there had been a truckstop hooker with him prior to his death that was caused by knife laceration then there would have been reasonable questioning to was in self-inflicted or did the hooker slice him.

  7. #37
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,703

    Re: Man found dead in tractor trailer near burned CVS

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Biggest straw man of the day. If this is how you want to "discuss" things, count me out.
    I appreciate how disappointed you must be. Pimping race hate is hard work and then when it doesn't pan out quite the way you want it to, running away from the discussion is the best path to take.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  8. #38
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    47,863

    Re: Man found dead in tractor trailer near burned CVS

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I appreciate how disappointed you must be. Pimping race hate is hard work and then when it doesn't pan out quite the way you want it to, running away from the discussion is the best path to take.
    You can prove your discussion is worthy by finding anyone saying that police are "rounding up and murdering people for being black." Using actual terminology like that.

    You can't. Because that's not what people are arguing. And you know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  9. #39
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28,084

    Re: Man found dead in tractor trailer near burned CVS

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    These APU's have to be running probably on diesel as well, so is it possible that the driver could have gotten carbon monoxide poisoning from the APU?
    Not really, maybe...Most APU's have separate exhaust systems...But I suppose it's possible if there were some leak of exhaust into the bunk.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #40
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    01-01-17 @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,207

    Re: Man found dead in tractor trailer near burned CVS

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not really, maybe...Most APU's have separate exhaust systems...But I suppose it's possible if there were some leak of exhaust into the bunk.

    I was surprised how roomy those sleepers are. They are as good as a home away from home, just like a camper trailer.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •