Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56

Thread: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport van

  1. #41
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    07-24-17 @ 09:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,693

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    In other words, you made up a story and are going to change it, and the facts, as they come in but no matter what come to the conclusion that Gray is entirely at fault and the police are always right.
    That is a profoundly ignorant thing to say.
    Do you know why people are no longer saying the arresting Officers injured him? That is becasue the information has changed.

    We have been given the information. The arguments are based on that information.

    Your failure to understand that is your problem.

    Just like in the following.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    By the way, the above article quotes the man who was in the van with Freddie for 5 minutes of a 40 minutes ride and he clearly says he made no insinuations that he thought Freddie was trying to harm himself.
    Actually no. He did not clearly say. He insinuates that he didn't.
    At no point in the below quote did he make any declarative statement about what he said.

    “And they trying to make it seem like I told them that, I made it like Freddie Gray did that to hisself (sic),” Allen said. “Why the [expletive] would he do that to hisself (sic)?”

    Whether he was being deceitful at this point remains to be seen, but the manner in which he said the above is a way of being deceitful without actually lying.
    And he already stated the reason he is doing this is because of fear.

    “I had two options today right, either come and talk to y’all and get my credibility straight with ya’ll and not get killed by these [expletive] or not tell a true story,” Allen added. “The only reason I’m doing this is because they put my name in a bad state.”


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    and he clearly says he made no insinuations that he thought Freddie was trying to harm himself. Anybody who comes to that conclusion is doing so because they hope that it is true.
    And you are wrong. We have the information about what he said.
    It was confirmed to be contained on an affidavit for a search warrant. That is a conclusion that was provided to us from the mouth of an ear witness.
    Not becasue people "hope" it to be true.


    Reality.
    What we have is conflicting information.

    Either the Police are lying about he said, or he is.
    As his statement was taken at the very beginning prior to any uprising there doesn't appear to be any reason for either party to have lied at that point.
    Does reason exist now? Yes it does.


    So what is going to matter at this point is the substance of his statements that are in the hands of the Prosecutor making the decisions.
    Not what that person later tells or insinuates to a reporter, especially if it is for his own safety.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    I don't claim to know what happened but at least I know that I don't know and that's a lot better than what some people here are saying.
    Bs. You have taken sides just as others have.
    And your comment is ridiculous given that fact that we do have information that can be debated. It is even more ridiculous in light of the fact that this is a debate site, not a site to just say IDK in the face of evidence we have and can debate.





    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Actually the man has been reinterviewed and has said that the affidavit misrepresents what he said. He didn't intend on "like he was banging his head," to imply intent to bang his head, but simply the same way someone describing a car accident my say "he banged his head on the steering wheel." IE without commenting on intent. If the ride was a "rough ride" as indicated, the would hear someone being banged around during the rough ride.


    At no point in the above interviews did he say any such thing.

    And there is no indication that it was a "rough ride". That has already been dispelled by this witness even, and yet here you are continuing to peddle that bs. That is called dishonesty.



    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    You've been here since July 2010 and don't yet realize that is Excon's (and many others on here) mode of operation?
    1. Shame on you for speaking about others.
    2. You clearly do not know what you are talking about. You have nothing more than an assumption which you choose to believe. That is based on your own bias.
    Not reality.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #42
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post



    Oh, please, get over yourself, you've made such fool of yourself in this thread, it's really become pathetic. Bless your wee teensy tiny heart.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  3. #43
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    07-24-17 @ 09:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,693

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Oh, please, get over yourself, you've made such fool of yourself in this thread, it's really become pathetic. Bless your wee teensy tiny heart.

    Said the one who actually made a fool of their self and lied.

    Also sad that you can not actually debate the available information.
    Last edited by Excon; 05-01-15 at 06:10 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #44
    Professor
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,397

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That is a profoundly ignorant thing to say.
    Do you know why people are no longer saying the arresting Officers injured him? That is becasue the information has changed.
    We have been given the information. The arguments are based on that information.
    Your failure to understand that is your problem.
    Just like in the following.
    Actually no. He did not clearly say. He insinuates that he didn't.
    At no point in the below quote did he make any declarative statement about what he said.
    “And they trying to make it seem like I told them that, I made it like Freddie Gray did that to hisself (sic),” Allen said. “Why the [expletive] would he do that to hisself (sic)?”
    Whether he was being deceitful at this point remains to be seen, but the manner in which he said the above is a way of being deceitful without actually lying.
    And he already stated the reason he is doing this is because of fear.
    “I had two options today right, either come and talk to y’all and get my credibility straight with ya’ll and not get killed by these [expletive] or not tell a true story,” Allen added. “The only reason I’m doing this is because they put my name in a bad state.”
    And you are wrong. We have the information about what he said.
    It was confirmed to be contained on an affidavit for a search warrant. That is a conclusion that was provided to us from the mouth of an ear witness.
    Not becasue people "hope" it to be true.
    Reality.
    What we have is conflicting information.
    Either the Police are lying about he said, or he is.
    As his statement was taken at the very beginning prior to any uprising there doesn't appear to be any reason for either party to have lied at that point.
    Does reason exist now? Yes it does.
    The other man in the van said that he just heard a little banging and common sense tells us that there are a number of reasons he would have heard "just a little banging." It's quite pathetic, your conclusions are the product of convoluted thinking. So pathetic, not worth addressing further. You've made a complete fool out of yourself and I will spare you further shame.
    A working class hero is something to be

  5. #45
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    26,435

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    I'm just quoting this again because you just posted a video that very explicitly contradicts the account you're proposing here. There couldn't have been "just a little banging" and at the same time constant thrashing. The evidence seems to suggest that he was on the floor of the van with his body hitting the sides when it turned, sped up or stopped. That's all it seems to suggest, not a thing about Mr. Gray trying or not trying to hurt himself. There is no decisive conclusion we can reach from the available evidence.
    It's hysterical that he'll grasp onto and swear to this witness's claims, when he discredited every word from the witnesses in the Ferguson case selectively....imagining and destroying the characters and motives of the ones he didnt like especially.
    "Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free."

    "No, you'll be *a* judge of that, just like everyone else who reads it."
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    07-24-17 @ 09:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,693

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    The other man in the van said that he just heard a little banging and common sense tells us that there are a number of reasons he would have heard "just a little banging." It's quite pathetic, your conclusions are the product of convoluted thinking. So pathetic, not worth addressing further. You've made a complete fool out of yourself and I will spare you further shame.
    There you go making a complete fool of yourself again with a pathetic reply.
    He made it clear he said he was banging his head. He even said that was his assumption.
    Secondly, you apparently do not know what is being argued and have you panties all up in a wad becasue you don't.
    And apparently you are unable to look at that totality of the circumstances. That is your own failure.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #47
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,164

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    This I can agree with.
    Well it looks like the DA has taken your side of the argument, filing charges against all 6 officers. But I think that is going to be a stretch to convict. As I understand it the officers did not deliberately kill Gray but did not provide assistance. This trial will be one for the history books. I would also call the DA's filling of these charges a rush to judgement.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  8. #48
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,813

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Well it looks like the DA has taken your side of the argument, filing charges against all 6 officers. But I think that is going to be a stretch to convict. As I understand it the officers did not deliberately kill Gray but did not provide assistance. This trial will be one for the history books. I would also call the DA's filling of these charges a rush to judgement.
    I didn't see or hear the news this morning. And just to be clear, I didn't have a side to promote, just that I believed there's a duty of care onus on the police when a prisoner is in custody. That said, I don't know what the charges are at this point, but if all six are charged I have a feeling that the prosecutor is simply trying to hive off one or more of the officers, giving them a deal, in an attempt to have them as prosecution witnesses against the officer or officers who may have harmed Gray or the one who caused Gray not to be properly secured. If it goes forward as six officers charged, I'll wager they all walk.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  9. #49
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,231

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I didn't see or hear the news this morning. And just to be clear, I didn't have a side to promote, just that I believed there's a duty of care onus on the police when a prisoner is in custody. That said, I don't know what the charges are at this point, but if all six are charged I have a feeling that the prosecutor is simply trying to hive off one or more of the officers, giving them a deal, in an attempt to have them as prosecution witnesses against the officer or officers who may have harmed Gray or the one who caused Gray not to be properly secured. If it goes forward as six officers charged, I'll wager they all walk.
    She has thrown the proverbial book:

    All six charged with murder 2 and manslaughter.

    6 Baltimore officers to face murder charges in Gray case
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  10. #50
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,813

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    She has thrown the proverbial book:

    All six charged with murder 2 and manslaughter.

    6 Baltimore officers to face murder charges in Gray case
    I just read the charges in another thread and it sounds like overkill to me - no pun intended. It's an overreach similar to Angela Cary? in the Zimmerman case in Florida, and it gives a jury an opportunity to find not-guilty on the most serious charges and perhaps convict on some of the assault charges. The charges and the announcement sound a little politically motivated to me, to appease the mob, but it's hard to say for sure.

    As I said above, I think there will be an attempt to have one or two officers turn on whomever was the most "guilty" in determining what treatment Gray received during and after the arrest/transport. To charge all six with virtually the same crime implies there was a conspiracy to murder Gray, and I find it hard to believe that's what happened....
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •