Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56

Thread: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport van

  1. #31
    Professor
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,104

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You're delusional if you think that.


    1. Irrelevant to this argument.
    2. Wrong. Her not fighting the bogus set up does not mean I was wrong. Funny that you do not know that.
    3. So your further claims are as irrelevant as they are wrong.
    ROFL unbelievable you don't know when to throw in the towel man! You lose all credibility. And no, it isn't irrelevant, it proves bias and you just set that in stone. You would never be allowed to serve on a jury that had to decide a case like this if they could read your posts on this forum. Feel free to prove me wrong and point to a single post on this forum in which you say that a police officer was wrong about anything from something they said to a person they killed. Anything.

    My opinion is wrong yet my opinion is that I will wait for the investigation before making up my mind rather than jumping to conclusions? I don't understand that. Anybody who says they know what happened is wrong and anybody who says they don't know is right. Anything else is speculation, which is perfectly valid unless presented as fact. Therefore you are wrong, which is an objective conclusion derived at by sound logic. To enlighten you, "you're wrong because you're wrong," your claim, is an invalid argument.
    A working class hero is something to be

  2. #32
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,575

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    I

    Not sure why we should believe either the police or the other man is this case.
    There is no reason why we shouldn't.

    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #33
    Professor
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,104

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Put the relevant information together.
    He was thrashing around in the back of the van which did not speed, make sudden stops or was driven erratically.
    He did this thrashing for the supposed five minutes the other arrestee was in the van.
    This thrashing stopped just before they arrived at their destination.
    That would indicate that he fatally injured himself at that point in time. Not from or during his resisting arrest.
    Which would indicate that it was not caused by the arresting Officers.
    I'm just quoting this again because you just posted a video that very explicitly contradicts the account you're proposing here. There couldn't have been "just a little banging" and at the same time constant thrashing. The evidence seems to suggest that he was on the floor of the van with his body hitting the sides when it turned, sped up or stopped. That's all it seems to suggest, not a thing about Mr. Gray trying or not trying to hurt himself. There is no decisive conclusion we can reach from the available evidence.
    A working class hero is something to be

  4. #34
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,575

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    ROFL unbelievable you don't know when to throw in the towel man! .
    No that would be you again as you are wrong as usual.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    You lose all credibility.
    Not. But you have none.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    And no, it isn't irrelevant,
    Yes it is irrelevant.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    point to a single post on this forum in which you say that a police officer was wrong about anything from something they said to a person they killed. Anything.
    Oy vey!
    This is your biased opinion of others speaking.
    Two off the top of my head. 1.The Officer shooting at the fleeing van. 2. The Officer shooting the felon with a knife when the felon was not facing the Officer and they were physically separated by the bed of the truck.
    Now tuck tail and leave.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    My opinion is wrong yet my opinion is that I will wait for the investigation before making up my mind rather than jumping to conclusions?
    Not the same opinion and not jumping to conclusions.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    I don't understand that.
    Of course, you constantly demonstrate this inability.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Anybody who says they know what happened is wrong and anybody who says they don't know is right. Anything else is speculation, which is perfectly valid unless presented as fact.
    All you are doing is speaking nonsense here, and demonstrating an inability to differentiate.

    Your inability to focus on the topic, but instead focus on me, just says you have no valid argument in rewards to the topic. You fail.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #35
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,575

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    I'm just quoting this again because you just posted a video that very explicitly contradicts the account you're proposing here. There couldn't have been "just a little banging" and at the same time constant thrashing. The evidence seems to suggest that he was on the floor of the van with his body hitting the sides when it turned, sped up or stopped. That's all it seems to suggest, not a thing about Mr. Gray trying or not trying to hurt himself. There is no decisive conclusion we can reach from the available evidence.



    Apparently you do not understand that when information changes you roll with the changes.

    But lets delve into this.
    We know what the police tolsd us and what was leaked. No one would expect he would say the same publicly given the charged atmosphere.
    So what will matter is what he will say under oath.

    So let's say this is the accurate version. And?
    He heard a little banging, and told police homicide he heard him bang his head.

    That hasn't significantly changed anything.
    He was still alive and banging before they got to the station.
    Or do you somehow think different?


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    The evidence seems to suggest that he was on the floor of the van with his body hitting the sides when it turned, sped up or stopped.
    No.
    You are making things up.

    The other release made it clear he was making noise "up until" the van reached it's destination. Which is when the noise stopped.
    So no, he would have only been on the floor from that point forward.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #36
    Professor
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,104

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post



    Apparently you do not understand that when information changes you roll with the changes.

    But lets delve into this.
    We know what the police tolsd us and what was leaked. No one would expect he would say the same publicly given the charged atmosphere.
    So what will matter is what he will say under oath.

    So let's say this is the accurate version. And?
    He heard a little banging, and told police homicide he heard him bang his head.

    That hasn't significantly changed anything.
    He was still alive and banging before they got to the station.
    Or do you somehow think different?


    No.
    You are making things up.

    The other release made it clear he was making noise "up until" the van reached it's destination. Which is when the noise stopped.
    So no, he would have only been on the floor from that point forward.
    In other words, you made up a story and are going to change it, and the facts, as they come in but no matter what come to the conclusion that Gray is entirely at fault and the police are always right.
    A working class hero is something to be

  7. #37
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    I

    Not sure why we should believe either the police or the other man is this case.
    Actually the man has been reinterviewed and has said that the affidavit misrepresents what he said. He didn't intend on "like he was banging his head," to imply intent to bang his head, but simply the same way someone describing a car accident my say "he banged his head on the steering wheel." IE without commenting on intent. If the ride was a "rough ride" as indicated, the would hear someone being banged around during the rough ride.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  8. #38
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    In other words, you made up a story and are going to change it, and the facts, as they come in but no matter what come to the conclusion that Gray is entirely at fault and the police are always right.
    You've been here since July 2010 and don't yet realize that is Excon's (and many others on here) mode of operation?
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  9. #39
    Professor
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,104

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    You've been here since July 2010 and don't yet realize that is Excon's (and many others on here) mode of operation?
    I just read this article and then I read the comments section and my jaw dropped. These stories are just a magnetic for the most filthy racism. It's like all the sudden "Dixieland" starts playing every time a black man dies at the hands of, or in the van of, a police officer. And on the other hand, the collapse of peace and order in Baltimore is causes some Pavlovian reaction in some people to start breaking windows and robbing and looting. Is this what we've become, the criminal element and the racist element? Shameful, truly shameful.

    By the way, the above article quotes the man who was in the van with Freddie for 5 minutes of a 40 minutes ride and he clearly says he made no insinuations that he thought Freddie was trying to harm himself. Anybody who comes to that conclusion is doing so because they hope that it is true. I don't claim to know what happened but at least I know that I don't know and that's a lot better than what some people here are saying.
    A working class hero is something to be

  10. #40
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,670

    Re: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport v

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Still too much we don't know
    This I can agree with.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •