Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 681

Thread: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

  1. #601
    Professor WSUwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    03-21-16 @ 02:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    I wonder how the white guilt morons are going to feel after the cops (three of them black) are completely exonerated? I wonder how many building are going to get burned down by THUGS after the cops (three of them black) are completely exonerated?
    "Opportunity does not come knocking. It is usually running down the street, you have to chase and tackle it." - Sheriff David Clarke, Milwaukee County.

  2. #602
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    8,736

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    The prosecutor has already acknowledged to the Court that the witness made the previous statements that were reported on. You know, those that he denied making.

    But she is also trying to control the narrative. When she stops, the first hand information will be made available.
    Curious...

    How can there be any first-hand information as to what happened in the compartment where Gray was contained when he was the only person transported in that side of the police van and no one saw what happened? The quoted "ear-witnesses" side of the story notwithstanding, no one actually saw what happened. So, where exactly would this first-hand information come from?
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  3. #603
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Curious...

    How can there be any first-hand information as to what happened in the compartment where Gray was contained when he was the only person transported in that side of the police van and no one saw what happened? The quoted "ear-witnesses" side of the story notwithstanding, no one actually saw what happened. So, where exactly would this first-hand information come from?
    Notwithstanding? Wut? What he heard is first hand information. Don't confuse that with any characterization he attributed to what he heard.

    A person who hears banging and yelling would be first hand information that they heard banging and yelling. That would included the witness and at least the driver.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  4. #604
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Curious...

    How can there be any first-hand information as to what happened in the compartment where Gray was contained when he was the only person transported in that side of the police van and no one saw what happened? The quoted "ear-witnesses" side of the story notwithstanding, no one actually saw what happened. So, where exactly would this first-hand information come from?
    Not only that, but Donta Allen denies this information even came from him. Supposedly there is a video of him saying such things, but the defense is curiously letting the prosecution control the narrative by not showing anyone this alleged video. People are going on the news and saying "Surely, a video such as this MUST exist," and people who desperately want to believe are reporting this as just as good as the video itself... yet, none of these people have actually seen any such video.

    Curious.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  5. #605
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    but the defense is curiously letting the prosecution control the narrative by not showing anyone this alleged video.
    Oh G-d!
    Letting?
    Are you not following this case?

    The defense had just received the evidence.
    That is not the defense letting the prosecution do anything.


    Presently they are waiting on a Judge to decided if the information will be released to the public, as Mosby asked the Judge for a protective order.
    The defense opposed her motion. That also is not the defense "letting" her control the narrative.


    To suggest that defense is "letting" her control the narrative is ridiculous.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  6. #606
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Oh G-d!
    Letting?
    Are you not following this case?

    The defense had just received the evidence.
    That is not the defense letting the prosecution do anything.


    Presently they are waiting on a Judge to decided if the information will be released to the public, as Mosby asked the Judge for a protective order.
    The defense opposed her motion. That also is not the defense "letting" her control the narrative.


    To suggest that defense is "letting" her control the narrative is ridiculous.
    And leaks have never happened in the history of US criminal court. I mean, never. No damning information has ever found its way into the hand of the press anonymously. Nope, that has never happened, not even once.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  7. #607
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    And leaks have never happened in the history of US criminal court. I mean, never. No damning information has ever found its way into the hand of the press anonymously. Nope, that has never happened, not even once.


    1. Your position is premature.
    Again.

    The defense had just received the evidence.
    That is not the defense letting the prosecution do anything.

    What did you not understand about the above?


    2. The new info was based on a leak.
    Obviously you just don't like the type of leak it was.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  8. #608
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post


    1. Your position is premature.
    Again.

    The defense had just received the evidence.
    That is not the defense letting the prosecution do anything.

    What did you not understand about the above?


    2. The new info was based on a leak.
    Obviously you just don't like the type of leak it was.
    You have a ton of gall to call my demand to see the evidence "premature" while you sit there pontificating on what this alleged evidence means.

    I mean, you haven't seen it either. So why are *you* so sure? Premature, indeed! All I have asked for (for months!) was a first hand source for your claim. You still have yet to provide one. It's cute to watch you act like you finally have something though. Like watching a baby deer try to walk.

  9. #609
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    You have a ton of gall to call my demand to see the evidence "premature" while you sit there pontificating on what this alleged evidence means.

    I mean, you haven't seen it either. So why are *you* so sure? Premature, indeed!
    Oh look, another post of reality twisting.

    No, it is you who has a ton of gall to dishonestly deflect from was actually said and try to make it about something else.

    Again.
    You were the one saying;
    "but the defense is curiously letting the prosecution control the narrative by not showing anyone this alleged video."

    When they were not "lettign them do anything.

    Your position was shown to be premature, and simply wrong.

    1. The information was just released to the defense by the prosecution.
    That means they just got it and had nothing to do with "letting" as you absurdly and prematurely asserted.

    2. What has brought us to this point was a leak, supposedly by the defense, again showing that the defense is not "letting" as you ridiculously asserted.


    But please continue showing all that you chose to be dishonest. It is fun to watch.


    As for pontificating? iLOL
    You just don't like the evidence, that is why you try to deflect away from it.
    The most absurd was you pointing out that the witness recanted when it was apparent why he was changing what he said.




    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    All I have asked for (for months!) was a first hand source for your claim. You still have yet to provide one. It's cute to watch you act like you finally have something though. Like watching a baby deer try to walk.

    And all this was you playing a game.
    You had the information from the article which was what it was about.
    They attributed the quote to the witness. Period. You not wanting to admit that was your silly game. Nothing more.

    Even the Prosecutor attributed the "snippets" to him. Yet you still want to play your silly game. Sad. Truly sad.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  10. #610
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Oh look, another post of reality twisting.

    No, it is you who has a ton of gall to dishonestly deflect from was actually said and try to make it about something else.

    Again.
    You were the one saying;
    "but the defense is curiously letting the prosecution control the narrative by not showing anyone this alleged video."

    When they were not "lettign them do anything.

    Your position was shown to be premature, and simply wrong.

    1. The information was just released to the defense by the prosecution.
    That means they just got it and had nothing to do with "letting" as you absurdly and prematurely asserted.

    2. What has brought us to this point was a leak, supposedly by the defense, again showing that the defense is not "letting" as you ridiculously asserted.


    But please continue showing all that you chose to be dishonest. It is fun to watch.


    As for pontificating? iLOL
    You just don't like the evidence, that is why you try to deflect away from it.
    The most absurd was you pointing out that the witness recanted when it was apparent why he was changing what he said.





    And all this was you playing a game.
    You had the information from the article which was what it was about.
    They attributed the quote to the witness. Period. You not wanting to admit that was your silly game. Nothing more.

    Even the Prosecutor attributed the "snippets" to him. Yet you still want to play your silly game. Sad. Truly sad.
    You still confuse a secondhand source with a firsthand source.

    I used to think, "Maybe he'll get it," but I've finally let go of that hope. Your ego simply won't let you examine this objectively.

    You are wrong. You have been wrong for months. You twist and duck and dive and avoid the basic argument blatantly - you have no firsthand source, and your report of someone else's second or third hand account is that much farther removed from any kind of evidence.

    When I see or hear this tape of Donta Allen saying what he allegedly said, we can have a discussion of the actual words and phrasing used. Until then, YOU ARE SPECULATING.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •