Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 681

Thread: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

  1. #51
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    49,352

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Riot first, ask questions later.

    At best you could prove that people jumped the gun.

    You could prove that people on the left and the Obama administration are feeding this narrative. " Black Lives matter ", only when there's a assumption that they were murdered by the Police.

    Killed by Gang violence ? Nah, nothing to protest about.

    Now every inner city is one assumption away from a full blown riot.
    As I said to Excon, riots aren't intelligent beasts waiting patiently for data, they are predatory. You can prove that people jumped the gun, but that's pretty much all it would demonstrate.

    However, even if true the police are still contributors. They did not restrain him properly in the van and they did not get him medical attention quickly enough. These are even admitted to by the police. Also keep in mind that the other prisoner could not see Gray, he heard him thumping about. Was he properly restrained? How were the conditions of the ride? That GPS thing can be used to determine the route taken. If they left him unrestrained and purposefully have him a "bumpy ride", then it's quite easy to see that he could have essentially been thrown about the van, but not by choice.

    So in the end, it doesn't fully answer the questions. Video would answer the questions, but we don't have those.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #52
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,779

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    OMG, some people are such suckers. Some people will spout any ridiculous line if it suits their agenda.

    Said the one spouting such.


    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I mean, how convenient. On its very face it's patently absurd. Any person even remotely intelligent would be skeptical over this. This is the classic "jailhouse snitch" scenario where a guy gets arrested then suddenly confesses all his sins to a total stranger within seconds of meeting them. Really? I'm sorry, but no.

    Before being gullible and a sucker, find out if the "snitch" is getting anything in return for his alleged information... i.e., reduced sentence, reduced charge, or even no charge at all for his crime...
    The product of biased and convoluted thoughts.

    This was information known from the beginning. Do you understand that?
    Information obtained through the investigation and used to obtain a search warrant.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  3. #53
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,137

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    In the final analysis. Crushed windpipe and 80% broken neck.
    Nothing more need be said.

  4. #54
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,183

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Well being a white male of means has it's privileges, you make that perfectly clear. You seem to fail to realize that many of those who are poor who are in jail, didn't commit any crimes either. It's hard for those people to treat their police with respect because the police as they presents themselves to impoverished is a different persona to the one you see.

    My first long term boyfriend drove an old 68 chevy pickemup truck that he was refurbishing, he was also from the other side of town, though his parents had moved pretty close to our side, and hence we went to the same high school. It was also clear he wasn't entirely white, he Italian/Cajun and came out looking like a darker Mexican. He was going down the 281 one day and our local Hollywood Park cop pulled him over for going 5 over. Now no one from our neighborhood got pulled over for 5mph over, never. But he was clearly poor by our neighborhood's standard. Well the cop approaches all attitude and rude and smart ass, then he saw me in the passenger seat. His behavior changed in a split second.

    You don't believe because you've lead a sheltered life. I get that. It doesn't make you right.
    You claim I've lived a privileged and sheltered life while I claim I've lived a respectful and decent life. My parents were about as poor as most but they taught myself and my three brothers respect for elders and others, politeness and civility. Being able to teach those things doesn't take money or privilege.

    My parents did everything for their children - my dad had $5 spending money each week and never griped about it and my mother even less. They saved what little they had so they could buy a small house. They bought a one bedroom house with minimum down and my three brothers and I shared the house's dining room as our bedroom because there was only one bedroom. It had a big yard though, so four boys had plenty of place to play. My parents lost our home when I was about 6 because they wanted to give us bedrooms and a home renovator who didn't finish his job left them with a home renovation loan and no renovation and my father had a heart attack from the stress and lost his job.

    Bottom line, I was hardly the child of privilege and I learned pretty early on that life can be a bitch. But I also learned how to be a civil, decent adult and most of that came from parents who did their job.

    So don't give me any crap and excuses about poverty causing savages to rampage.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,532

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Riot first? They've been protesting peacefully for over week. Trying to use that as any type of judgement call only shows your complete ignorance of the situation. One night of rioting, no deaths, and ignore all the other nights of peaceful protest.
    They have ??

    In Baltimore ? That didn't look like protesting to me. And protesting over what exactly ?

    A assumption ? A guess ?

    Here's the issue. " Police brutality " or the assumptuon of Polive brutality is the least of the problems in Cities like Baltimore.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,532

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    In the final analysis. Crushed windpipe and 80% broken neck.
    Nothing more need be said.
    Riot away then.....

    Unreal.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,779

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    However, even if true the police are still contributors. They did not restrain him properly in the van
    And there may have been reasons for that.
    But it does not automatically make them a contributor.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    and they did not get him medical attention quickly enough.
    Do you think that if it is believed the arrestee is making fake claims they are going to provided medical care?
    That is like a person yelling they can't breath, when yelling that is an indication that they can breath.

    Here his legs appeared limp, but his neck was not. Then he clearly stood on his own and ducked to get into the van.
    An indication he is faking injury.

    Saying they should have based on discovered after the fact injuries does not mean they should have under the known circumstances at the time.
    When found in the condition he later was in, medical response was provided quickly.




    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Was he properly restrained? How were the conditions of the ride?
    We already know his legs were restrained but he was not seatbelted.
    As for the conditions of the ride?
    As already provided.


    From the 24th.
    Batts said another man who was in the van during the tail end of Gray's ride told investigators that Gray was "was still moving around, that he was kicking and making noises" up until the van arrived at the station. Batts said the man also said the driver did not speed, make sudden stops of "drive erratically."
    Freddie Gray death: Baltimore police prisoner transport under scrutiny - World - CBC News
    Last edited by Excon; 04-30-15 at 09:16 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  8. #58
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,096

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Whatever happened, whether he injured himself, or the police did it, one thing we all know is that the looters don't care about Freddie Gray or about "black lives". Maybe the peaceful protesters do, but not these guys. They see an opportunity to destroy things (and people's lives) and that's what they are there for. And, of course, other's see political opportunity and help themselves to that.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  9. #59
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 06:01 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,442

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    OMG, some people are such suckers. Some people will spout any ridiculous line if it suits their agenda.

    I mean, how convenient. On its very face it's patently absurd. Any person even remotely intelligent would be skeptical over this. This is the classic "jailhouse snitch" scenario where a guy gets arrested then suddenly confesses all his sins to a total stranger within seconds of meeting them. Really? I'm sorry, but no.

    Before being gullible and a sucker, find out if the "snitch" is getting anything in return for his alleged information... i.e., reduced sentence, reduced charge, or even no charge at all for his crime... the last one of which would be impossible to prove, which also makes it a popular tactic for the LE side.

    Might as well claim that Martians swooped in and shot his back with a laser ray.
    ... this isn't a jailhouse informant ("snitch") situation at all. Jailhouse informants provide what is classified as a secondary confession (i.e., the suspect told me he did it or had information only the perpetrator of the crime would know). This is not that; this is a simple witness statement. A firsthand account of a situation is different than a secondhand retelling of a story.

    The speal about having the police giving enticements to the witness to alter his story is unsupported speculation. Let's not start diving headfirst into unsupported hypothetical scenarios - it might just cause a riot.

  10. #60
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,779

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    In the final analysis. Crushed windpipe and 80% broken neck.
    Nothing more need be said.
    Wrong.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •