Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 681

Thread: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

  1. #521
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    It's possible that the quote that's been attributed to Donta Allen were not his words but rather the words of this yet unidentified ear witness. And if that is the case, we have a clear conflict as to what happened.

    I would, however, agree that what this first ear witness heard was Freddie Gray banging on the wall of the van. But as I've stated above, it would have lasted but a short duration since the police stopped soon after Gray's arrest to place him in shackles. And if he sustained his neck injury after this point, it would have been impossible for Gray to cause his own injury from that point forward especially given that Donta Allen claims that the 25 minute ride to the police precinct was "a smooth ride" and that he heard very little from Gray during his portion of the trip.

    You can stick to your believe as to what happened, but something tells me there's more to this story none of us know for sure.
    If you are going to quote my replies to another at least stay within the subject material of that you are quoting.


    That theory was debunked.
    Last edited by Excon; 05-10-15 at 05:23 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  2. #522
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You clearly do no t pay attention.
    I see you can quote yourself, over and over again (against the previous warning)...yet you can't seem to quote Allen.

    Interesting.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  3. #523
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    8,736

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    1. What the witness says now, unless it matches what he said previously, lacks credibility becasue as he indicated, he is saying it to protect himself.
    Any introduction of those statements fails.

    2. As for a third witness? No. That has already been debunked.
    Could you provide a link to this debunked storyline? And if it has already been debunked, why the age differences in who this second detainee apparently was and that of Donta Allen (38 and 22 yrs old, respectively). Moreover, why were both given different arrest ID numbers (Donta Allen 3125603 and the unknown ear witness 15056957)?
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  4. #524
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I would, however, agree that what this first ear witness heard was Freddie Gray banging on the wall of the van. it could have been his head or his feet. But in any case as I've stated above, such banging would have lasted but a short duration since the police stopped soon after Gray's arrest to place him in shackles. And if he sustained his neck injury after this point, it would have been impossible for Gray to cause his own injury from that point forward especially given that Donta Allen claims that the 25 minute ride to the police precinct was "a smooth ride" and that he heard very little from Gray during his portion of the trip.
    He was acting out and was irate.
    That is why they put the shackles on him.

    He continued acting out as confirmed by the witness. Of course he injured himself or exacerbated a previous injury he knew he had or one he didn't know he had.
    But all still the results of his acting out.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  5. #525
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    8,736

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    If you are going to quote my replies tpo another at least stay within the subject material of that you are quoting.


    That theory was debunked.
    I did and you haven't provided a link to support your claim that the storyline of this unknown 38 year old ear witness who apparently was in compartment #1 and supposedly is still in jail has, in fact, been debunked.

    Link please...
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  6. #526
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    I see you can quote yourself, over and over again (against the previous warning)...yet you can't seem to quote Allen.

    Interesting.
    The warning never said anything about quotes which you still are ignoring the substance of.

    That is because you know you are wrong and the author may have poorly worded the article indicating the quotes belong to the witness.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  7. #527
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I did
    No you did not stay within the subject of that which we were discussing.
    Did the author of the provided article indicate the quotes came from the witness?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  8. #528
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    8,736

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    He was acting out and was irate.
    That is why they put the shackles on him.

    He continued acting out as confirmed by the witness. Of course he injured himself or exacerbated a previous injury he knew he had or one he didn't know he had.
    But all still the results of his acting out.
    Ah! But that's NOT what the police claim. At no point after initially placing Gray in shackles do the police state that Gray continued to act out OR that he remained irate. But we DO know that the police made at least 4 additional stops en route to the police precinct - TWO of which were not reported. And during at least two of those stops, the police checked on Gray. Why?

    We know he was unresponsive on one previously unreported stop, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was being purposely uncooperative. We also know Gray requested medical assistance at least twice AND that police who were transporting Gray called for and received an additional police unit to check on Gray. Again why? Why the "second opinion" not from medical personnel - not even the paramedics - but from other police officers? Doesn't that seem odd to you? And even when other police officers come onto the scene, only one officer assist Gray back onto the bench and not even then does the police accounting of events indicate that Gray was being irate then.

    There's more to this story than what's being told.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  9. #529
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    The warning never said anything about quotes which you still are ignoring the substance of.

    That is because you know you are wrong and the author may have poorly worded the article indicating the quotes belong to the witness.
    ...so, you're saying there is no quote from the witness?
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  10. #530
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    ...so, you're saying there is no quote from the witness?
    What do you not understand about the article indicating the quotes belong to the witness?

    Huh?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •