Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 681

Thread: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

  1. #491
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    You continue to misunderstand what a quote is.

    I was entertained for a while, but it's just sad now. A part of me legitimately feels bad for you.
    That would be you misunderstanding.


    Reread the article.

    What was it you did not understand when, clearly referring to the prisoner, the author said his statement is contained in an application for a search warrant?


    What about the quotations marks around those statements did you not understand?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  2. #492
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That would be you misunderstanding.


    Reread the article.

    What was it you did not understand when, clearly referring to the prisoner, the author said his statement is contained in an application for a search warrant?


    What about the quotations marks around those statements did you not understand?
    So, you haven't seen Allen's actual words.

    The quotes in the article are quoting the affidavit....which is the officer's words.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  3. #493
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    So, you haven't seen Allen's actual words.

    The quotes in the article are quoting the affidavit....which is the officer's words.



    The only correct interpretation of those words, becasue of the paragraph construction and quotations, was that the author was quoting the prisoner's words.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  4. #494
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post



    The only correct interpretation of those words, becasue of the paragraph construction and quotations, was that the author was quoting the prisoner's words.
    ...or relating what he interpreted Allen's words to be.

    Allen's refutation tells me that's what happened. Which is why I want to see Allen's original words.

    These have not been provided.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  5. #495
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    ...or relating what he interpreted Allen's words to be.
    While speaking of the prisoner, the words were quoted and then he clearly stated, "his statement is contained in an application for a search warrant".

    I have no problem saying that the author may have badly worded his report, but as written the quotations are him saying that those are the prisoners words.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Allen's refutation tells me that's what happened.

    The prisoners refutation is irrelevant, as what he now says isn't credible.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  6. #496
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    While speaking of the prisoner, the words were quoted and then he clearly stated, "his statement is contained in an application for a search warrant".

    I have no problem saying that the author may have badly worded his report, but as written the quotations are him saying that those are the prisoners words.




    The prisoners refutation is irrelevant, as what he now says isn't credible.
    If his words were quoted, then let's see them.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  7. #497
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    If his words were quoted, then let's see them.
    Back to the same bs huh?
    Read the article.

    The only correct interpretation of those words, becasue of the paragraph construction and quotations, was that the author was quoting the prisoner's words.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  8. #498
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Back to the same bs huh?
    Read the article.

    The only correct interpretation of those words, becasue of the paragraph construction and quotations, was that the author was quoting the prisoner's words.
    Without the actual words from Allen, the only way we have to know what he said is to ask Allen himself.

    Guess what he said.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  9. #499
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Without the actual words from Allen, the only way we have to know what he said is to ask Allen himself.

    Guess what he said.
    Still with the same bs.
    The quotes were provided.
    Read the article.

    While the reporter was speaking of the prisoner, the words were quoted and then he clearly reported, "his statement is contained in an application for a search warrant".


    Do you really not understand what "his statement" means?


    I have no problem saying that the author may have badly worded his report, but as written the quotations are him saying that those are the prisoners words.
    Something is wrong if you can not admit that.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  10. #500
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,909

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Let me help you guys out with finding the quote from Allen.

    Read more

    “I am Donta Allen. I am the one who was in the van with Freddie Gray,” he said. “All I did was go straight to the station, but I heard a little banging like he was banging his head.”

    “They trying to make it seem like I told them that, I made it like Freddie Gray did that to himself,” Allen said. “Why the **** would he do that to himself?”
    Other Prisoner in Van with Freddie Gray Denies Police Account

Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •