Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 681

Thread: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

  1. #481
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,776

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo​ View Post
    Haha, where???
    1. I already told you.
    2. You already know. Your previous reply acknowledges that.

    You just need to reread as you were told.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  2. #482
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,980

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    1. I already told you.
    2. You already know. Your previous reply acknowledges that.

    You just need to reread as you were told.
    I can't find it. Help me out.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  3. #483
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,776

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    I can't find it. Help me out.
    Still being dishonest I see. What a shame.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  4. #484
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,980

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Still being dishonest I see. What a shame.
    Still refusing to support your argument.

    Just tell me the post this evidence of yours lies in.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  5. #485
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,776

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo​ View Post
    Still refusing to support your argument.

    Just tell me the post this evidence of yours lies in.
    My argument was already supported and you already acknowledged that you know.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  6. #486
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,980

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    My argument was already supported and you already acknowledged that you know.
    You have claimed you have provided a quote from Donta Allen, but I don't see it anywhere.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  7. #487
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,776

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo​ View Post
    You have claimed you have provided a quote from Donta Allen, but I don't see it anywhere.
    You better read the article again.

    Please tell everybody what is it you do not understand about the author speaking of the prisoner and then quoting his words?

    What was it you did not understand when, clearly referring to the prisoner, the author said his statement is contained in an application for a search warrant?
    What about the quotations marks around those statements did you not understand?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  8. #488
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,980

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You better read the article again.

    Please tell everybody what is it you do not understand about the author speaking of the prisoner and then quoting his words?

    What was it you did not understand when, clearly referring to the prisoner, the author said his statement is contained in an application for a search warrant?
    What about the quotations marks around those statements did you not understand?
    Claiming Allen said something is different than quoting Allen. Can you quote Allen's words exactly?

    No, you can't. We don't even know what format the officer used in the affidavit since the affidavit was not released. Claiming his words were quoted is a complete fabrication on your part since none of us have seen it.

    Further, Allen did not corroborate the story literally when the first person asked. If someone is running around telling people you said a thing, and we interview you and you say you never said that thing, the quote is no good.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  9. #489
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,776

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Claiming Allen said something is different than quoting Allen. Can you quote Allen's words exactly?
    Read the article.
    His word are quoted.

    Again.
    What is it you do not understand about the author speaking of the prisoner and then quoting his words?

    What was it you did not understand when, clearly referring to the prisoner, the author said his statement is contained in an application for a search warrant?
    What about the quotations marks around those statements did you not understand?


    The only correct interpretation of those words, becasue of the paragraph construction and quotations, was that the author was quoting the prisoner's words.

    Now you can say that the author doesn't know all you want, but it is what he reported.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Further, Allen did not corroborate the story literally when the first person asked. If someone is running around telling people you said a thing, and we interview you and you say you never said that thing, the quote is no good.

    Still making the same flawed argument.
    Nothing he says now is credible.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  10. #490
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,980

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Read the article.
    His word are quoted.

    Again.
    What is it you do not understand about the author speaking of the prisoner and then quoting his words?

    What was it you did not understand when, clearly referring to the prisoner, the author said his statement is contained in an application for a search warrant?
    What about the quotations marks around those statements did you not understand?


    The only correct interpretation of those words, becasue of the paragraph construction and quotations, was that the author was quoting the prisoner's words.

    Now you can say that the author doesn't know all you want, but it is what he reported.



    Still making the same flawed argument.
    Nothing he says now is credible.
    You continue to misunderstand what a quote is.

    I was entertained for a while, but it's just sad now. A part of me legitimately feels bad for you.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •