Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 681

Thread: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

  1. #431
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo* View Post
    Where? You referenced an affidavit written by an officer.... not a direct quote from Allen.

    The only quotes Allen provided - to anyone - say the opposite.
    Again.
    His words were quoted.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  2. #432
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Again.
    His words were quoted.
    Quote them then. Jot some words down and put the little " " marks around them. Let's see the quoted words of Allen's.

    You know, if you can.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  3. #433
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo​ View Post
    Quote them then. Jot some words down and put the little " " marks around them. Let's see the quoted words of Allen's.

    You know, if you can.
    What do you not understand about the fact that they were already quoted?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  4. #434
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    What do you not understand about the fact that they were already quoted?
    ...a second-hand account is not a quote. Why can't you get that? Do you just not want to understand that, or are you unable?
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  5. #435
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo​ View Post
    ...a second-hand account is not a quote. Why can't you get that? Do you just not want to understand that, or are you unable?


    Again.
    His words were quoted.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  6. #436
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post


    Again.
    His words were quoted.
    His being the officer's. I agree. Thank you for finally admitting that.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  7. #437
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    His being the officer's. I agree. Thank you for finally admitting that.

    Wrong.
    "His" refers to the witness being discussed and contains quotations.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  8. #438
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Wrong.
    "His" refers to the witness being discussed and contains quotations.
    Can you provide a quotation of Allen's? Because all we have seen so far is an article referencing an affidavit. That would be a thirdhand report of a secondhand source.... Not a quote.

    Do you understand what a quote is? It doesn't appear as though you do.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  9. #439
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo​ View Post
    Can you provide a quotation of Allen's? Because all we have seen so far is an article referencing an affidavit. That would be a thirdhand report of a secondhand source.... Not a quote.

    Do you understand what a quote is? It doesn't appear as though you do.


    Again.
    His words were quoted.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  10. #440
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post


    Again.
    His words were quoted.
    An affidavit written by a police officer was referenced.

    Yeah, you must not know what a quote is. Let me help you.

    A reference: Earlier today, Excon said he provided a quote, although none was found.

    A quote: Earlier today, Excon said, "His words were quoted", in reference to Donta Allen. He said this several times, repeating "His words were quoted" over and over again.

    Do you see the difference? One is a reference, and one is a direct quote.

    You have stated several times that Allen was quoted. This quote has not been provided anywhere. A really good way to make me eat some crow would be to provide said quote.

    Until then, keep showing everyone that you are wrong. This is entertaining for me.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •