Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 681

Thread: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

  1. #401
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,789

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    My point is that a firsthand source is always more reliable for what the first-hand source said than a second- or third-hand source. For example, you are more likely to trust yourself as a source for things you said than you are to trust anyone else about things you said. Is this not a fact?
    And you have no point.
    You are ridiculously trying to suggest that the witness is more credible now than a sworn statement of what he said before, and he simply isn't.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  2. #402
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,861
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    My point is that a firsthand source is always more reliable for what the first-hand source said than a second- or third-hand source. For example, you are more likely to trust yourself as a source for things you said than you are to trust anyone else about things you said. Is this not a fact?
    If a police affidavit is involved Excon would believe the cop before he believes himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Blacks aren't committing more crime. That's the point. They use drugs at similar rates yet they get harsher sentences and more convictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    I disagree. Just because their drug usage may be no different does not mean their propensity to commit crime is the same or equal.

  3. #403
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,989

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And you have no point.
    You are ridiculously trying to suggest that the witness is more credible now than a sworn statement of what he said before, and he simply isn't.
    It isn't Allen's sworn statement, though. That's where you're wrong. That's where you will continue to be wrong (amongst other places). It's someone else's sworn statement.
    Last edited by Gonzo Rodeo; 05-04-15 at 03:33 PM.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  4. #404
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,989

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    If a police affidavit is involved Excon would believe the cop before he believes himself.
    Good point. If a police officer swore to the fact that Excon said the lizard people are behind 9/11, Excon must believe that's what he said. I mean, the police would have no reason to lie.

    Hell, I'll write an affidavit. I do so solemnly swear that Excon told me he believes the lizard people are behind 9/11. Therefore, Excon believes the lizard people are behind 9/11, since it is in a sworn statement.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  5. #405
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,789

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    It isn't Allen's sworn statement, though. That's where you're wrong. That's where you will continue to be wrong (amongst other places). It's someone else's sworn statement.
    N, that is where you are wrong in believing that.

    How many times does it have to be repeated for it to sink in?


    Again:
    As you were already told.
    Stop playing. You know who wrote it and the person is swearing to have that knowledge of what he said.
    All you are doing is purposely not recognizing what was said.

    His words were already quoted in the article from the affidavit and you still fail to realize that it is a sworn statement based on his knowledge.
    To suggest that is a lie is absurdly ridiculous.

    And you still are ignoring the lack of credibility in what the supposed witness now says. iLOL Any refutation by him means absolutely nothing at this point.
    And it is hilarious that the guy is so stupid that he thinks he didn't speak to investigators. Only homocide.

    And yeah, he said homocide instead of homicide. iLOL


    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Good point. If a police officer swore to the fact that Excon said the lizard people are behind 9/11, Excon must believe that's what he said. I mean, the police would have no reason to lie.

    Hell, I'll write an affidavit. I do so solemnly swear that Excon told me he believes the lizard people are behind 9/11. Therefore, Excon believes the lizard people are behind 9/11, since it is in a sworn statement.
    Besides being untrue, read the warning at 384.






    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    If a police affidavit is involved Excon would believe the cop before he believes himself.
    Besides being untrue, read the warning at 384.
    Last edited by Excon; 05-05-15 at 06:57 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  6. #406
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,989

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    N, that is where you are wrong in believing that.

    How many times does it have to be repeated for it to sink in?


    Again:
    As you were already told.
    Stop playing. You know who wrote it and the person is swearing to have that knowledge of what he said.
    All you are doing is purposely not recognizing what was said.

    His words were already quoted in the article from the affidavit and you still fail to realize that it is a sworn statement based on his knowledge.
    To suggest that is a lie is absurdly ridiculous.

    And you still are ignoring the lack of credibility in what the supposed witness now says. iLOL Any refutation by him means absolutely nothing at this point.
    And it is hilarious that the guy is so stupid that he thinks he didn't speak to investigators. Only homocide.

    And yeah, he said homocide instead of homicide. iLOL
    "The document, written by a Baltimore police investigator..."

    So, Allen didn't write it. Allen isn't the one swearing or affirming to anything.

    If they are someone else's words, that means it's not a direct quote from Allen.


    Besides being untrue, read the warning at 384.
    Are you saying you are a better judge of things you have said in the past than someone else than, say, I am? Even if I swear to it?

    I am obviously being tongue-in-cheek. I obviously don't believe you said those things. But this illustrates the point perfectly - you should be considered the most trusted source of what you said over someone else. Had you provided a quote stating your belief in the lizard man conspiracy, I would have a leg to stand on... and if the affidavit was written and signed by Allen, YOU would have a leg to stand on.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  7. #407
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    09-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,009

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post


    Besides being untrue, read the warning at 384.






    Besides being untrue, read the warning at 384.
    Y'know the mods do their jobs pretty well, you constantly trying to warn people that they are picking on you is really quite unnecessary and sheds a quite a sissy light on you.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  8. #408
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,789

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Y'know the mods do their jobs pretty well, you constantly trying to warn people that they are picking on you is really quite unnecessary and sheds a quite a sissy light on you.
    Can your superciliousness.
    You are in the wrong and that speaks volumes as to the type of person you are.
    The fact you chose to address the person instead of the argument just shows you have nothing valid to say.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  9. #409
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,789

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    "The document, written by a Baltimore police investigator..."

    So, Allen didn't write it. Allen isn't the one swearing or affirming to anything.

    If they are someone else's words, that means it's not a direct quote from Allen.
    Do you or do you not understand that the person quoted what the witness said and swore to it?
    If you do not, there is something wrong.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Are you saying you are a better judge of things you have said in the past than someone else than, say, I am? Even if I swear to it?

    I am obviously being tongue-in-cheek. I obviously don't believe you said those things. But this illustrates the point perfectly - you should be considered the most trusted source of what you said over someone else. Had you provided a quote stating your belief in the lizard man conspiracy, I would have a leg to stand on... and if the affidavit was written and signed by Allen, YOU would have a leg to stand on.
    Irrelevant argument.

    The supposed witnesses current statements have no credibility.
    What he told investigators as relaid to us, not just through the Commissioner, but through a sworn affidavit, has far more credibility.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  10. #410
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,989

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Do you or do you not understand that the person quoted what the witness said and swore to it?
    If you do not, there is something wrong.
    Do you understand that makes the affidavit a second-hand source, and as such is not quoting Allen? A quote is a first-hand account. The affidavit written by the officer is swearing to the officer's version of events, not Allen's.



    Irrelevant argument.

    The supposed witnesses current statements have no credibility.
    What he told investigators as relaid to us, not just through the Commissioner, but through a sworn affidavit, has far more credibility.
    But Allen isn't the sworn party in the affidavit, the officer who wrote it is!

    If Allen had written/signed the affidavit, I would agree that it would be a pretty good source for what Allen had said...

    ...but Allen didn't write the affidavit. His words aren't in it, but rather an officer's accounting of what Allen said.

    If you can't see that... Well... I guess you are going to remain wrong. I hope you're comfortable with that.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •