Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 681

Thread: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

  1. #381
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,982

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    This would be you.
    You have provided no quote of the supposed witnesses saying what you claim. That makes what you say a lie.

    And the quote of what the witness said was taken by the reporter from an affidavit.

    And your whole position is absurd when it is known he has reason to lie now.
    And you believe the police have no reason to lie? You know, those guys who ended up with paralyzed guy in the back of their van who later died?

    Affidavits are written by people and signed as their own statements. Allen never said "Gray was trying to hurt himself and I heard it!" or anything to that effect. The document in question was written by a police officer who was investigating Gray's injuries while in police custody. So, that makes it a thirdhand source, which has been refuted by Allen at the first chance he was given.

    I also have a report here on my desk that says Excon admits to lying literally all the time.

    Care to comment? I'm sure we can't take your firsthand account seriously, seeing as how we've already established that you like to lie. But I'll allow it for journalistic integrity. So, what say you? Did you in fact admit that you lie literally all the time?
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  2. #382
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,779

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    And you believe the police have no reason to lie? You know, those guys who ended up with paralyzed guy in the back of their van who later died?
    Absurdity.
    The Police? The Commissioner has no reason to lie about what the witness said.
    Nor did homicide.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Affidavits are written by people and signed as their own statements.
    Affidavits are sworn statements, or did that skip your thoughts.
    Never mind, it is obvious it did.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Allen never said "Gray was trying to hurt himself and I heard it!" or anything to that effect. The document in question was written by a police officer who was investigating Gray's injuries while in police custody. So, that makes it a thirdhand source, which has been refuted by Allen at the first chance he was given.
    Wrong. His words were quoted.
    And it was not refuted by anything you or I provided. (See the new report with Don Lemon provided by reinoe in the other thread.)

    Not that it matters, as already pointed out several times now, what he says now is suspect as well all know.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    I also have a report here on my desk that says Excon admits to lying literally all the time.
    Really?
    Well I have your posts showing you lie all the time. The above is no different.

    I'm positive we can't take your firsthand account seriously, seeing as how we've already established that you like to lie.
    Last edited by Excon; 05-03-15 at 03:14 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  3. #383
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,982

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Absurdity.
    The Police? The Commissioner has no reason to lie about what the witness said.
    Did the Commissioner have any reason to lie when he said “We know our police employees failed to get him medical attention in a timely manner multiple times.”......?

    Affidavits are sworn statements, or did that skip your thoughts.
    Never mind, it is obvious it did.
    Who is the affidavit affirming? The cop who wrote it? Or Allen? Your link doesn't specify. I'd love to hear your assumptions.

    Wrong. His words were quoted.
    And it was not refuted by anything you or I provided. (See the new report with Don Lemon provided by reinoe in the other thread.)
    Provide for me his word-for-word statement. I want to see the exactly language used. Can you provide that for me? Is it in the form of "prisoner Allen said..." or is it in a quote such as "...and then I heard him banging like he wuz tryin' a hurt hisself..."?

    Again, this is the argument from stupid brutality. Police have no reason to lie; he hurt himself, man; this other dude said he hurt himself, but when we talked to him he said that ISN'T what he said so now we can't trust him.... It's just, so blatant that you don't want to believe anything other than an apologetic narrative. Even when presented evidence to the contrary, you refuse to give it up. It's sad, because it's so stubbornly stupid.

    And everyone can see it but you.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  4. #384
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,286

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Stop talking about and insulting each other and stick to the topic, or your time in this thread will be very short.

  5. #385
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,779

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Did the Commissioner have any reason to lie when he said “We know our police employees failed to get him medical attention in a timely manner multiple times.”......?
    Did anybody say he did?



    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Who is the affidavit affirming? The cop who wrote it? Or Allen? Your link doesn't specify. I'd love to hear your assumptions.
    Stop playing. You know who wrote it and the person is swearing to have that knowledge of what he said.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Provide for me his word-for-word statement. I want to see the exactly language used. Can you provide that for me? Is it in the form of "prisoner Allen said..." or is it in a quote such as "...and then I heard him banging like he wuz tryin' a hurt hisself..."?
    Stop playing.
    The words are quoted in the article.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Again, this is the argument from stupid brutality.

    Yes your argument is.

    What is even more unbelievable is holding forth what the supposed witness now says as truthful.
    Last edited by Excon; 05-03-15 at 03:53 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  6. #386
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Did anybody say he did?
    The Commissioner said this on CNN. Are you denying this? If he had no reason to lie, this means the police are culpable for Gray's injuries in that they denied him care.

    Stop playing. You know who wrote it and the person is swearing to have that knowledge of what he said.
    Do we?

    "...according to a police document obtained by The Washington Post."
    "The document, written by a Baltimore police investigator..."

    So, Allen didn't write it. Police routinely write affidavits for investigations and proceedings.... but Allen clearly did not write one. So they are not "his words." At best, we're looking about a thirdhand reporter reporting on what an officer said someone else said secondhand, all of which is refuted by the firsthand source!

    Stop playing.
    The words are quoted in the article.
    Then provide the quote from Allen's mouth. If they're right there, they shouldn't be hard for you to find.

    Until then... you're shown to be wrong, yet again.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  7. #387
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,779

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Did the Commissioner have any reason to lie when he said “We know our police employees failed to get him medical attention in a timely manner multiple times.”......?
    Did anybody say he did?
    The Commissioner said this on CNN. Are you denying this?
    Another lame reply.
    Again:
    Did anybody say he did?

    Pay attention to the answers you are given.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    If he had no reason to lie, this means the police are culpable for Gray's injuries in that they denied him care.

    Just more conflation from you. That is what you want it to mean.
    In and of itself it means no such thing.




    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Do we?

    "...according to a police document obtained by The Washington Post."
    "The document, written by a Baltimore police investigator..."

    So, Allen didn't write it. Police routinely write affidavits for investigations and proceedings.... but Allen clearly did not write one. So they are not "his words." At best, we're looking about a thirdhand reporter reporting on what an officer said someone else said secondhand, all of which is refuted by the firsthand source!



    Then provide the quote from Allen's mouth. If they're right there, they shouldn't be hard for you to find.

    Until then... you're shown to be wrong, yet again.
    More absurd games.
    As you were already told.
    Stop playing. You know who wrote it and the person is swearing to have that knowledge of what he said.
    All you are doing is purposely not recognizing what was said.

    His words were already quoted in the article from the affidavit and you still fail to realize that it is a sworn statement based on his knowledge.
    To suggest that is a lie is absurdly ridiculous.

    And you still are ignoring the lack of credibility in what the supposed witness now says. iLOL Any refutation by him means absolutely nothing at this point.
    And it is hilarious that the guy is so stupid that he thinks he didn't speak to investigators. Only homocide.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  8. #388
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Another lame reply.
    Again:
    Did anybody say he did?

    Pay attention to the answers you are given.



    Just more conflation from you. That is what you want it to mean.
    In and of itself it means no such thing.




    More absurd games.
    As you were already told.
    Stop playing. You know who wrote it and the person is swearing to have that knowledge of what he said.
    All you are doing is purposely not recognizing what was said.

    His words were already quoted in the article from the affidavit and you still fail to realize that it is a sworn statement based on his knowledge.
    To suggest that is a lie is absurdly ridiculous.

    And you still are ignoring the lack of credibility in what the supposed witness now says. iLOL Any refutation by him means absolutely nothing at this point.
    And it is hilarious that the guy is so stupid that he thinks he didn't speak to investigators. Only homocide.
    The affitavit was written by an officer. Whether the officer misunderstood Allen or misrepresented him (accidentally OR intentionally) is very much a topic of concern. Since Allen himself has refuted the statement (not "quote", as the affidavit is someone else's words), we have no reason to suspect he changed his story.

    So, again, I challenge you to provide the exact quote from the affidavit - in Allen's words - that give the lie to his later statement.

    I know you can't do it.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  9. #389
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,779

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    The affitavit was written by an officer. Whether the officer misunderstood Allen or misrepresented him (accidentally OR intentionally) is very much a topic of concern. Since Allen himself has refuted the statement (not "quote", as the affidavit is someone else's words), we have no reason to suspect he changed his story.

    So, again, I challenge you to provide the exact quote from the affidavit - in Allen's words - that give the lie to his later statement.

    I know you can't do it.
    Your ever changing goal posts were already noted.
    You asked for quotes of what he said when they had already been provided.
    And you continually ignore the fact that you were already told

    Again:
    As you were already told.
    Stop playing. You know who wrote it and the person is swearing to have that knowledge of what he said.
    All you are doing is purposely not recognizing what was said.

    His words were already quoted in the article from the affidavit and you still fail to realize that it is a sworn statement based on his knowledge.
    To suggest that is a lie is absurdly ridiculous.

    And you still are ignoring the lack of credibility in what the supposed witness now says. iLOL Any refutation by him means absolutely nothing at this point.
    And it is hilarious that the guy is so stupid that he thinks he didn't speak to investigators. Only homocide.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  10. #390
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    45,940

    Re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Your ever changing goal posts were already noted.
    You asked for quotes of what he said when they had already been provided.
    And you continually ignore the fact that you were already told

    Again:
    As you were already told.
    Stop playing. You know who wrote it and the person is swearing to have that knowledge of what he said.
    All you are doing is purposely not recognizing what was said.

    His words were already quoted in the article from the affidavit and you still fail to realize that it is a sworn statement based on his knowledge.
    To suggest that is a lie is absurdly ridiculous.

    And you still are ignoring the lack of credibility in what the supposed witness now says. iLOL Any refutation by him means absolutely nothing at this point.
    And it is hilarious that the guy is so stupid that he thinks he didn't speak to investigators. Only homocide.
    Wait, you'll believe the original statement allegedly said by Allen but not believe the same person later. Interesting.

Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •