Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 681

Thread: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

  1. #331
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,819

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    It does.



    The state in which I used to live seat belts were required of back seat passengers. The state in which I now live they are required only for front seat passengers. That seems odd to me.
    Some state require helmets when riding a motorcycle and others don't. Nothing odd there, states see things differently.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - Total Failure

  2. #332
    Educator
    Doppelgangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,012

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    You are comparing apples to oranges. You defend the rioting as a black person's right just because one of their own was unjustly arrested and injured while in custody. A lot of that has happened in the US and not just to black people, but to whites as well. Yet, for all that injustice, I never see thousands of whites rioting in the streets. Why is that? Are whites more civilized?

    You can't be serious with this here, can you?


    11 Stunning Images Highlight the Double Standard of Reactions to Riots Like Baltimore - Mic


    Or, as was expressed months ago, on these terms: "When, oh when, will these white sports fans stop destroying their own neighborhoods??"

    While I don't condone the violence (it's counterproductive, IMO), I somehow find rioting over "injustice," (perceived or otherwise), to be far more "civilized" than rioting because, "**** it! We won/lost!"

  3. #333
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,578

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgangirl View Post
    You can't be serious with this here, can you?


    11 Stunning Images Highlight the Double Standard of Reactions to Riots Like Baltimore - Mic


    Or, as was expressed months ago, on these terms: "When, oh when, will these white sports fans stop destroying their own neighborhoods??"

    While I don't condone the violence (it's counterproductive, IMO), I somehow find rioting over "injustice," (perceived or otherwise), to be far more "civilized" than rioting because, "**** it! We won/lost!"
    They're rioting over the perception of injustice.

    Just like they did in Ferguson. There's no excuse for it either way.

  4. #334
    Educator
    Doppelgangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,012

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    They're rioting over the perception of injustice.

    Just like they did in Ferguson. There's no excuse for it either way.
    I don't agree.

    I will reserve judgment in Baltimore until the complete investigation into Gray's death is made public. Innocent until proven guilty. However, IMO it doesn't look good for the officers. There is clear evidence of a pattern of abuse on part of LEOs in Baltimore, as others have been seriously injured in their custody.

    As for Ferguson, I believe Darren Wilson shooting Michael Brown was justified.

    But I don't see how anyone that read the DOJ report with a shred of openmindedness or objectivity wouldn't see there was, overall, a clear pattern of abusive practices on part of LE.

    Ultimately, in both locations, the "injustices" were quite real.

  5. #335
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You should ne apologizing here.

    Involuntary manslaughter and negligence is NOT grabbing a guy and " slamming his head into the back of a Van. "

    The prosecutor couldn't charge them with murder because the Police did no such thing.

    These Cops are going to walk.

    So you like so many jumped to conclusions and you were wrong. Now apologize
    Oh, I've no doubts that you'd like to see those cops walk, you need not point that out.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #336
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    26,385

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    You are comparing apples to oranges. You defend the rioting as a black person's right just because one of their own was unjustly arrested and injured while in custody.
    Not defending anything. They should not riot, but in any society when the social injustice against a large minority is so bad and happens over such a long time, then at some point you will see a reaction. It is not just a black persons .. it is many black people over a long time that has been the target of police abuse.. everywhere.

    I know fully you will excuse it by saying the black community is highly criminal and they should do something about that, but it is hard to not feel pissed off if the colour of your skin can get you stopped for no good reason and because of the justice system.. chances are you will get fined or arrested.

    A lot of that has happened in the US and not just to black people, but to whites as well.
    Yes, but it is by far happing more often against black people relative to their population size and that is the main issue. It is very clear to everyone but American conservatives, that there still is a serious racial problem in society, and in government. For example, pretty much all your official statistics to this day are divided up on race.. why? Why do Americans still talk about being African-American, Indian-American, German-American.. are you not American period?

    Yet, for all that injustice, I never see thousands of whites rioting in the streets. Why is that? Are whites more civilized?
    You seriously went there?

    Listen, you dont seem to understand. Whites dont get stopped by the police because of the colour of their skin. That factor alone gives over time a lot of problems. Also Whites have rioted plenty of times.. just not for social injustice, because it does not exactly exist among white Americans.
    PeteEU

  7. #337
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,855

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Also it seems that the other prisoner has claimed that his quotes are being taken out of context and that he didn't say Gray was trying to hurt himself.
    Stop. That is what you are inferring he said. That is not what he said.

    Not once did he say it was out of context.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo​ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon​ View Post
    That is odd, the only one you embarrassed was you and you are doing it to yourself again.
    You clearly failed to see that I already provided a video of his interview with the reporter.

    Secondly nothing he currently says really changes much of what has already been argued. The substance is still the same. There was no "rough ride/nickle ride", he was still moving when he was put into the van and his moving stopped as they arrived at their destination.
    Your OP makes the claim that the other person in the van says Gray was trying to injure himself. This has been shown to be false. There is no way to make that more clear than it already is.
    This is you again being blatantly dishonest.
    Not once has it been shown to not be true. He continues to say it was a smooth ride.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo​ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon​ View Post
    And as previously pointed out, what currently matters his is statements as already given being in the hands of the Prosecutor who is making the decisions in this case.
    And the prosecutor just announced there will be a murder charge. BOOM.
    No boom about it.

    Now she has the problem of his statements he made to investigators and any differences with what he is now saying to protect his life.
    That is if they are one in the same person.




    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Since we are doubting the credibility of the police, wouldnt it be fair to likewise question the credibility of a criminal who has a beef against the police?
    There was no reason before to doubt what he supposedly said. They were made during an investigation and no information exists that says they were made in exchange for any deal.
    There simply was no reason to think what he said then is a lie.


    Now though is a different story. He has made it clear he is speaking out for fear of his life. This, which would be absurd for anyone to deny, taints what he is now saying.
    So the only credible statements he made were those made when there was no threat to his life.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  8. #338
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    09-04-16 @ 07:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,206

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Not defending anything. They should not riot, but in any society when the social injustice against a large minority is so bad and happens over such a long time, then at some point you will see a reaction. It is not just a black persons .. it is many black people over a long time that has been the target of police abuse.. everywhere.

    I know fully you will excuse it by saying the black community is highly criminal and they should do something about that, but it is hard to not feel pissed off if the colour of your skin can get you stopped for no good reason and because of the justice system.. chances are you will get fined or arrested.



    Yes, but it is by far happing more often against black people relative to their population size and that is the main issue. It is very clear to everyone but American conservatives, that there still is a serious racial problem in society, and in government. For example, pretty much all your official statistics to this day are divided up on race.. why? Why do Americans still talk about being African-American, Indian-American, German-American.. are you not American period?



    You seriously went there?

    Listen, you dont seem to understand. Whites dont get stopped by the police because of the colour of their skin. That factor alone gives over time a lot of problems. Also Whites have rioted plenty of times.. just not for social injustice, because it does not exactly exist among white Americans.
    Yeah, I can see your point, but I know a lot of black people, who are highly upset by what members of their race did in Baltimore, and they were all for that lady slapping around her son when she caught him throwing rocks at the police. They all said they would have done the same. I had a mother and father just like her, and they wouldn't have put up with me rioting in the streets. It all boils down to the lack of respect for authority. People need to stay home to stay out of trouble.

  9. #339
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    09-04-16 @ 07:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,206

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgangirl View Post
    You can't be serious with this here, can you?


    11 Stunning Images Highlight the Double Standard of Reactions to Riots Like Baltimore - Mic


    Or, as was expressed months ago, on these terms: "When, oh when, will these white sports fans stop destroying their own neighborhoods??"

    While I don't condone the violence (it's counterproductive, IMO), I somehow find rioting over "injustice," (perceived or otherwise), to be far more "civilized" than rioting because, "**** it! We won/lost!"
    Sure, there are some crazy white folks, but the majority don't riot in the streets and destroy public property, otherwise you would have seen them out there burning the CVS Pharmacy. Yes, there were whites marching with blacks, but not many, not like the droves of young blacks out there.

  10. #340
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,785

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    They're rioting over the perception of injustice.

    Just like they did in Ferguson. There's no excuse for it either way.
    I agree: There is no excuse for rioting and looting. It's a distraction from what matters, and that is justice for Freddie Gray and the police officers charged with homicide too.

Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •