Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 681

Thread: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

  1. #291
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,584

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Yes the prosecutor did. 2nd degree for one of them.



    Doubt that very much. They have been caught with their pants down not telling the truth (extra stops...) and a bunch of other issues.

    First a Prosecutor is hardly a objective resource. Her husband was part of the demonstration before anyone knew anything.

    Nect, 2cnd degree murder is a non-premeditated assault that where homicide may be likely.

    All the other charges are BS ( so is the second degree murder charge )

    No one grabbed Freddie Gray and " threw him into the back of the van ". So where's the " assault " ?

  2. #292
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,584

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    MmThe

    2nd degree MURDER? Care to walk back some of your rhetoric?
    From a Prosecutor who's husband was involved in ths Demonstration ?

    Second degree murder is a assault not premeditated that may lead to death.

    Since no Police Officer climbed into the van and shut the door behind him so he could throw Freddie Gray into the back of the van, where is the " assault " ?

    BS charges from a biased prosecutor and these guys will walk.

  3. #293
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    From a Prosecutor who's husband was involved in ths Demonstration ?

    Second degree murder is a assault not premeditated that may lead to death.

    Since no Police Officer climbed into the van and shut the door behind him so he could throw Freddie Gray into the back of the van, where is the " assault " ?

    BS charges from a biased prosecutor and these guys will walk.
    Your bias is showing, better pull it up.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #294
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    his death has just been ruled a homicide, btw.
    It sure has. Nice to see you posting again.


  5. #295
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,996

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Since we are doubting the credibility of the police, wouldnt it be fair to likewise question the credibility of a criminal who has a beef against the police?
    So, a guy who can't see what's happening on the other side of the van should be used as a material witness to give credence to the story that a man severed his own spine and thereby exonerate the police...and with distorted statements he has personally refuted?

    You can't possibly be serious.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  6. #296
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,236

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    BS charges from a biased prosecutor and these guys will walk.
    Charges are frequently BS.

    Sometimes guys walk.

    More often they plea to something like involuntary manslaughter.

    Since it seems as though evidence is still coming to light in this case (like the video of the third(?) stop the van made which came from a private surveillance system but hadn't been previously reported by the police who made that stop, in spite of the mess surrounding this incident) I think it was a good move to charge high and then see where things shake out.

    There's also the fact that the prosecutor can always drop these charges and then refile other charges later on down the road.

    That's probably not a crazy tactic given the civil unrest this incident has caused.

    Charge with some kind of murder count now. The mob appreciates that and maybe begins to disburse. A month from now, once things have gone back to "normal", drop the murder charges and file involuntary manslaughter. You probably won't get the same kind of mob coming out to protest that, or anywhere near the rage and destruction that probably would occur, if no charges were filed now, or if they were the lightest possible charge that could reasonably fit the kind of negligence (at a minimum) that led to Gray's death.
    “Now it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,
    For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
    And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
    And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

  7. #297
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,855

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    that this guy was injured before he went into the van.
    From what has been reported, this has already been eliminated as a possibility.


    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Probably one of those rough rides cops talk about
    This has alreday been dispelled by what the witness his alleged to have said to the police, and by what we know he now said to reporters. He was still alive and making noise and the ride was smooth.


    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    at least one unauthorized stop was made.
    No. Nothing says the stop was unauthorized.
    It is said that the stop was not reported.





    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    There's an unverified report that another prisoner in the van allegedly said that in his opinion Freddie Gray's was at some point trying to injure himself.

    Was the report actually from police? Did the prisoner actually say that Freddie Gray was trying to injure himself? Was that an accurate assessment of the situation? And even if all of these happen to be true, it does not mean that Freddie Gray broke his own neck.
    The affidavit was verified, though not an official release.
    The other information was Officially stated.

    Now we have this added mess of the supposed witness making public comment because he is in fear for his life.
    This condition did not exist when he was originally interviewed and puts what he is now saying in question.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Yet you claim "truth" while accusing others of jumping to conclusions???????
    1. Your claim is to general, be more specific with details.
    2.You are speaking nonsense. The arguments I have made have been based on available information. Or do you not understand that that is how this works. Not on mere speculation like others are doing?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  8. #298
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,855

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It's very much akin to confession.
    Lame reply. It is not a confession.
    It was a statement of fact. Not a confession.
    And the Officer may have had good reason for doing so.
    They already stated that it was for the Officer's safety.


    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Man, there's a couple of you guys that are slippery like pigs on this. WHO pray tell has criticised police use of force, hmm? People are talking about and complaining about excessive use of force, you know, the kind that would violate the departments code of conduct that the police chief has indeed acknowledged within his department!

    Man, you don't even know to what you are replying.
    Figures.


    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    So I see that the medical examiner has stated the injuries were caused when the police slammed him into the van

    I see you have already been corrected on this nonsense.
    iLOL
    The statement does not say the Police slammed him into the back of the van.
    It says he slammed into the back of the van. And that can be accomplished under his own volition.


    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    It was obtained during an investigation. Not as a self serving statement.
    There presently is no known reason to disbelieve what he said. That is your problem for not recognizing that.
    I'm sure a jury will see it that way.

    1. there is no way they would see it as a self serving statement as it was not made in exchange for a deal
    2. And please note the word "presently" used above. that is an indication of that very moment in time the argument was made.
    But unless new information come out saying it was in exchange for a deal/leniency/reduced charges/etc... then that would of course change.

    But even currently with what he has additionally said there was no deal made.

    The only thing to doubt is his current claims becasue he is in fear for his life.
    And that reason did not exist before.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  9. #299
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,855

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    I got tired of embarrassing you in the other thread. I'm going to do it in here now.
    That is odd, the only one you embarrassed was you and you are doing it to yourself again.
    You clearly failed to see that I already provided a video of his interview with the reporter.

    Secondly nothing he currently says really changes much of what has already been argued. The substance is still the same. There was no "rough ride/nickle ride", he was still moving when he was put into the van and his moving stopped as they arrived at their destination.


    While he is somewhat contradicting what the Police say he said, I am more than sure they have what he said documented.
    And at the time they interviewed him there was no reason for him to lie to them.
    Yet now he is in fear for his life. So that only puts his current remarks in question.


    And as previously pointed out, what currently matters his is statements as already given being in the hands of the Prosecutor who is making the decisions in this case.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  10. #300
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    49,469

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Baltimore prosecutor charges police with murder, manslaughter in death of Freddie Gray | Fox News

    Well turns out they found enough evidence to issue charges

    - Goodson was charged with second-degree depraved-heart murder, involuntary manslaughter, second-degree negligent assault, as well as other charges including failure to render aid and misconduct in office.

    - Police Officer William Porter was charged with involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault and misconduct in office.

    - Police Lt. Brian Rice was charged with involuntary manslaughter and second-degree assault.

    - Police Officer Alicia White was charged with involuntary manslaughter, second degree assault and misconduct in office.

    - Police officers Edward Nero and Garrett Miller were charged with multiple counts of assault, false imprisonment and misconduct in office.

    The Baltimore police officers union issued a statement before Mosby's announcement, saying the six officers are not responsible for Gray's death.
    So we'll see from here, State has to prove its case. Also it seems that the other prisoner has claimed that his quotes are being taken out of context and that he didn't say Gray was trying to hurt himself.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •