Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 681

Thread: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

  1. #281
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,596

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yes, I'm aware that you accept the other prisoners word as gospel. That's very nice.
    You're the one making stuff up. You're the one jumping to conclusions. You're ths one who's judging these Police Officers as guilty without any evidence to back up your rhetoric.

    There's evidence of Gray being alive through 3 stops on a 4 stop trip without any video evidence of Police climbing into the back of the van, shutting the door behind them, squeezing past Gray and then slamming him into the back door.

    You cannot even stand up in those vans.

  2. #282
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You're the one making stuff up. You're the one jumping to conclusions. You're ths one who's judging these Police Officers as guilty without any evidence to back up your rhetoric.

    There's evidence of Gray being alive through 3 stops on a 4 stop trip without any video evidence of Police climbing into the back of the van, shutting the door behind them, squeezing past Gray and then slamming him into the back door.

    You cannot even stand up in those vans.
    his death has just been ruled a homicide, btw.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #283
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,596

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    his death has just been ruled a homicide, btw.
    Involuntary manslaughter and derelection is NOT slamming someone's head into the back if the van

    That would have been a Murder charge which the prosecutor is not seeking so nice try.

    Montecristo was again, making stuff up and now we all know is was WRONG.

    The cops will beat this because these are BS charges meant to appease the idiots.

  4. #284
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You're the one making stuff up. You're the one jumping to conclusions. You're ths one who's judging these Police Officers as guilty without any evidence to back up your rhetoric.

    There's evidence of Gray being alive through 3 stops on a 4 stop trip without any video evidence of Police climbing into the back of the van, shutting the door behind them, squeezing past Gray and then slamming him into the back door.

    You cannot even stand up in those vans.
    I've declared no one guilty in this case. The medical examiner has stated that the injuries were sustained when he slammed into the back of the van which has a bolt that matches a head injury. I pointed that out. I've also pointed out that the department has a documented history of abuse, and that just in the last four years they've paid out 5.7 million in lost law suits. I've also pointed to the fact that the police chief has acknowledge that officers have violated the departments code of conduct.............all you've got is another prisoners testimony, lol.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #285
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Involuntary manslaughter and derelection is NOT slamming someone's head into the back if the van

    That would have been a Murder charge which the prosecutor is not seeking so nice try.

    Montecristo was again, making stuff up and now we all know is was WRONG.

    The cops will beat this because these are BS charges meant to appease the idiots.
    I suppose you were referring to me though by your spelling I can't be certain. You've been proven wrong on your accusation. And your apologising for and defending filth within the BPD is itself filthy.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #286
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,596

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I suppose you were referring to me though by your spelling I can't be certain. You've been proven wrong on your accusation. And your apologising for and defending filth within the BPD is itself filthy.
    You should ne apologizing here.

    Involuntary manslaughter and negligence is NOT grabbing a guy and " slamming his head into the back of a Van. "

    The prosecutor couldn't charge them with murder because the Police did no such thing.

    These Cops are going to walk.

    So you like so many jumped to conclusions and you were wrong. Now apologize
    Last edited by Fenton; 05-01-15 at 10:20 AM.

  7. #287
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    26,400

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You should ne apologizing here.

    Involuntary manslaughter and negligence is NOT grabbing a guy and " slamming his head into the back of a Van. "

    The prosecutor couldn't charge them with murder because the Police did no such thing.
    Yes the prosecutor did. 2nd degree for one of them.

    These Cops are going to walk.
    Doubt that very much. They have been caught with their pants down not telling the truth (extra stops...) and a bunch of other issues.
    PeteEU

  8. #288
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,240

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    Obviously, people shouldn't be killed for resisting arrest but, if police harassment of blacks actually exists on a widespread basis, then the demonstrations would be more effective when they relate to black harassment of people who haven't committed a crime. Some police departments could be racial but I find it hard to believe that the Baltimore police department is.
    I couldn't agree more.

    Sure, there are probably some racist cops in the Baltimore PD. Probably some white cops who don't like blacks and probably some black cops who don't like whites.

    The issue of harassment isn't racial.

    The reason that more blacks are harassed in Baltimore than whites is because there are more blacks having run-ins with the police in Baltimore than there are rights.

    It's undeniable that there is a large and pervasive problem with police abuse in Baltimore, that much has been well documented by the Baltimore Sun.

    Whether it's black cops abusing black people's rights, or white cops doing it, or black cops abusing white people's rights, or whatever, isn't the bottom line.

    The bottom line is that Baltimore has a massive problem with cops violating people's rights and abusing their authority.

    So the riots didn't convince me of anything other than that angry people wanted to engage in destroying their neighborhood. Are they angry about police harassment? I doubt it.
    I don't.

    Not for a second.

    Is their anger completely misdirected, to the extent that it actually does a disservice to their concerns?

    Absolutely.

    Should they be directing their anger directly back at the police and the civil government, attacking cops and burning down police precincts and government buildings?

    Absolutely.

    The same way American patriots in 1773 should have been attacking the government that imposed the Tea Act and the agents of the state who enforced it rather than attacking a private company, looting its inventory, and destroying its capital goods.

    And I think that eventually things today will get to the same place that they got to in Colonial America a couple years later when the "police" of that age, at the direction of the local government, decided they were going to play hardball with the "angry people" of the day.

    We're still in the Boston phase of revolt here.

    We'll get to Lexington and Concord eventually, if things don't change.
    “Now it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,
    For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
    And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
    And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

  9. #289
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    8,736

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Apparently Allen is afraid for his life as he's now in the middle between the protestors and the police.



    The Other Man In The Van With Freddie Gray Breaks His Silence « CBS Baltimore
    From the article:

    “The second prisoner who was picked up said that he didn’t see any harm done to Freddie at all,” Commissioner Anthony Batts said. “What he has said is that he heard Freddie thrashing about.”

    But Allen wants to set something straight.

    “All I did was go straight to the station, but I heard a little banging like he was banging his head,” he said.

    He tells WJZ he’s angry about an internal police report published in The Washington Post.

    “And they trying to make it seem like I told them that, I made it like Freddie Gray did that to himself (sic),” Allen said. “Why the [expletive] would he do that to himself (sic)?”
    Is it possible that the "trashing about" sounds Donta Allen heard was Freddie Gray's body being jostled about in the back of the police van as it traveled en route to the police station? Remember: He's unbuckled, unsecured in the back of the van with limited use of his legs. Can he stand? Can he really get his footing?

    Some folks believe that since Freddie Gray was able to use his left leg to support himself as he was hoisted up into the back of the van it means he had more strength in his legs than the video footage lets on. I disagree with that assessment, but since neither I nor anyone else can prove that he had full mobility of his legs at any point while in transit, all we can do is speculate as to whether or not he ever regained full usefulness of his lower limbs during transit. My assessment based on the video footage and coupled with Mr. Allen's accounting remains that Freddie Gray did not have the full use of his legs while he was in transit. And if true, it would likely explain the "thrashing about" Donta Allen heard. Furthermore, it would explain how Freddie Gray managed to bump his head on a bolt in the van and subsequently break his neck. Not from his own doing as contended, but from neglect and possibly abuse by the Baltimore PD.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  10. #290
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    MmThe
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You should ne apologizing here.

    Involuntary manslaughter and negligence is NOT grabbing a guy and " slamming his head into the back of a Van. "

    The prosecutor couldn't charge them with murder because the Police did no such thing.

    These Cops are going to walk.

    So you like so many jumped to conclusions and you were wrong. Now apologize
    2nd degree MURDER? Care to walk back some of your rhetoric?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •