Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 681

Thread: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

  1. #211
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    it's difficult to believe that this young man could have inflicted such severe damage unto himself, i.e., breaking his own neck and nearly crush his voice box, from the brief time he was in the custody of the Baltimore PD (30 minutes). Even if all he was doing was banging his head against the walls of the police van there's no way he'd cause that kind of damage to himself, not without assistance (i.e., van took an unexpected sharp turn). But even that would point to negligence on the part of Baltimore's finest since they failed to secure their suspect during transport as required by law.

    So, while I hear you, I disagree with your assessment.
    Nonsense.
    But since you think otherwise; Prove it.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...sport-van.html (Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport van)


    And watch the reporters video at this link.

    http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/04...-him-prob.html
    Last edited by Excon; 04-30-15 at 04:46 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  2. #212
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,595

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by kjwins View Post
    See what I mean by Right Wing Hate propaganda. This guy thinks Obama has power. When he just works for the corporate state, just like GWB.
    Your'e in the wrong section of the for conspiracy theories. Anyway, so because I disagree with you now my speech is " hate " ?

    Hate pushing nonsensical conspiracy theories and false narratives about " Murder by Cop " at the expense of inner city Americans.
    " If no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else ? "
    Ronald Reagan

  3. #213
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    8,736

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Well, the damage to his voice box could only come from external physical abuse. In other words, someone had to compress his larynx for that to happen.

    As for the spinal injury at the neck, you try banging your head up against a wall - any wall will do - and see if you break your neck. At worse, you'll get a very bad headache, maybe a good size knot and/or a cut or gash at the point of impact. But you most certainly aren't going to break your neck as a result of your self inflicted wounds.

    Go ahead...try it! (Might knock some sense into you, but you're not going to break your neck). Even mental patients who have done just that - constantly banged their head against the wall - have never broken their own neck. They may have caused other injuries, i.e., concussion, broken nose, head laceration, that sort of thing but break their own neck...NEVER!

    Something else had to happen to this young man while in transit for him to sustain such severe damage to his throat and neck for his injuries to be fatal. You're just not going to get there by such self-inflicted damage as banging your head against a wall.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  4. #214
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Well, the damage to his voice box could only come from external physical abuse. In other words, someone had to compress his larynx for that to happen.

    As for the spinal injury at the neck, you try banging your head up against a wall - any wall will do - and see if you break your neck. At worse, you'll get a very bad headache, maybe a good size knot and/or a cut or gash at the point of impact. But you most certainly aren't going to break your neck as a result of your self inflicted wounds.

    Go ahead...try it! (Might knock some sense into you, but you're not going to break your neck). Even mental patients who have done just that - constantly banged their head against the wall - have never broken their own neck. They may have caused other injuries, i.e., concussion, broken nose, head laceration, that sort of thing but break their own neck...NEVER!

    Something else had to happen to this young man while in transit for him to sustain such severe damage to his throat and neck for his injuries to be fatal. You're just not going to get there by such self-inflicted damage as banging your head against a wall.

    Besides you being wrong, and your asinity aside, go to the following link and watch the video report.
    And than knock some sense into the way you see things.


    UPDATE: Law enforcement sources say Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport van | WJLA.com
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  5. #215
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,249
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    I apologize if this has been stated. I did not want to read threw 22 pages of this thread.


    When I heard this report I immediately became skeptical. My first thought was I wonder what kind of hushed deal was worked out in this other prisoners potential case. It just seemed to convenient of a story. Perhaps its completely legit and that is what really transpired but I just see to much gained by both the police department and the other arrestee not to view it with some skepticism.

  6. #216
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    My first thought was I wonder what kind of hushed deal was worked out in this other prisoners potential case. It just seemed to convenient of a story.
    There is nothing to suggest that is the case.

    His statement was known from the beginning and was obtained through investigation.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  7. #217
    Professor
    kjwins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,818

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Your'e in the wrong section of the for conspiracy theories. Anyway, so because I disagree with you now my speech is " hate " ?

    Hate pushing nonsensical conspiracy theories and false narratives about " Murder by Cop " at the expense of inner city Americans.

    No conspiracy

    Yes your speech is " hate " But not because we disagree.

    Do you really care about inner city Americans? Or a Rep agenda.
    “A drug is not bad. A drug is a chemical compound. The problem comes in when people who take drugs treat them like a license to behave like an asshole.” People do drugs because reality sucks, If you want people to stop doing drugs change reality.
    ― Frank Zappa

  8. #218
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    35,307
    Blog Entries
    19

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Well, the damage to his voice box could only come from external physical abuse. In other words, someone had to compress his larynx for that to happen.

    As for the spinal injury at the neck, you try banging your head up against a wall - any wall will do - and see if you break your neck. At worse, you'll get a very bad headache, maybe a good size knot and/or a cut or gash at the point of impact. But you most certainly aren't going to break your neck as a result of your self inflicted wounds.

    Go ahead...try it! (Might knock some sense into you, but you're not going to break your neck). Even mental patients who have done just that - constantly banged their head against the wall - have never broken their own neck. They may have caused other injuries, i.e., concussion, broken nose, head laceration, that sort of thing but break their own neck...NEVER!

    Something else had to happen to this young man while in transit for him to sustain such severe damage to his throat and neck for his injuries to be fatal. You're just not going to get there by such self-inflicted damage as banging your head against a wall.
    I am very very Skeptical of this new meme. Having said that, I just recently watched a video of a guy being put into the back of a squad car who didn't know he was being taped. He slammed his head in the top of the squad car several times opening a heavily bleeding gash in his forehead -- and I'm going to assume breaking his nose.

    If the guy was determined to do damage, running head down into one of the walls a few times could do some serious damage...


    Thank you, Quazi!

  9. #219
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    8,736

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Besides you being wrong, and your asinity aside, go to the following link and watch the video report.
    And than knock some sense into the way you see things.


    UPDATE: Law enforcement sources say Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport van | WJLA.com
    First off, I am not wrong about whether or not Freddie Gray (or any one else for that matter) could possibly break their own neck by purposely banging their head against a wall, any wall. It just does not happen. You may sustain some serious injuries as a result of your self-inflicted wounds, but you are NOT going to break your neck. It simply does not happen.

    Second, you may wish to re-read my initial post to this thread because I think you misconstrued how I've articulated how I believe Mr. Gray's neck was broken. Here, allow me:

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    As for the spinal injury at the neck...Something else had to happen to this young man while in transit for him to sustain such severe damage to his throat and neck for his injuries to be fatal. You're just not going to get there by such self-inflicted damage as banging your head against a wall.
    I get the impression that you believe I'm accusing the Baltimore PD for causing him physical harm, towit: the Baltimore PD physically assaulted Freddie Gray and broke his neck. If that is what you assume I was implying, you'd be wrong. I simply said something had to have happened to him while he was in transit to the police station. Were the police driving erratically? Maybe. Did they take a sudden sharp turn, make a sudden stop or acceleration that might have throw Mr. Gray off balance causing him to lose his footing and bump his head with lethal force against the wall? Very plausible. In fact, the link video you provided concludes that's exactly what happened.

    Sources said the medical examiner found Gray's catastrophic injury was caused when he slammed into the back of the police transport van, apparently breaking his neck; a head injury he sustained matches a bolt in the back of the van.
    Read more: Law enforcement sources say Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport van | WJLA.com

    So, while you're trying to make me look foolish, maybe you should re-examine why you were so quick to accept another "thug's" account of Mr. Gray's self-inflicted wounds before you subsequently discovered this video.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  10. #220
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    8,736

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I am very very Skeptical of this new meme. Having said that, I just recently watched a video of a guy being put into the back of a squad car who didn't know he was being taped. He slammed his head in the top of the squad car several times opening a heavily bleeding gash in his forehead -- and I'm going to assume breaking his nose.

    If the guy was determined to do damage, running head down into one of the walls a few times could do some serious damage...
    But that's NOT what the other suspect who accompanied Mr. Gray said happened. There was no running start head-first into a wall. Mr. Gray allegedly was seated in the back of the police van banging his head into the interior wall.

    In any case, I've already stated that sometimes convicts will attempt to inflict harm unto themselves and then claim police brutality. (See post #210) But the severity of Mr. Gray's throat and neck injuries were too traumatic to be self-inflicted. There's just no way you can break your neck by repeatedly banging your head against a wall.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •