Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 681

Thread: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

  1. #161
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,596

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by kjwins View Post
    I don't like either party, but since you are in love with Rep's, please tell us what they have done for black, white, poor in any city in America.
    What CAN they do in place like St Louis and Baltimore ? Nothing.

    Whether you support either party or not doesn't negate the fact that the real and underlying issues that lead to communites like Baltimore turning into powder kegs are being ignored.

    If you perpetuate this narrative of " Murder by Cop " , a narrative that was based on a LIE ( Hands up don't shoot ) than your'e partly responsible for all of this nonsense.

    You realize that there's a 60 percent drop out rate in Baltimore. 50 percent of the residents their have a maximum 8th grade education.

    Poverty and dependantce the through the roof. All that didn't happen over night or even over the last 10 years. This has been ignored for decades.

    So while you claim without any evidence that this guy was murdered those people now have to live in a already run down community AFTER a bunch of rioters made it worse

    You realize there's still burned out shells of buildings in Detroit from the 60s riot ?

    I actually believe there are honest hard working people that live in those communities.

    This politicization of " Police brutality " so maybe the Democrats can sign up a few voters has gone on long enough.

  2. #162
    #NeverHillary
    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,752
    Blog Entries
    11

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    What?
    What assertions?

    This topic is about what the other person in the van said, so I am asking to what you are referring?

    BALTIMORE — A prisoner sharing a police transport van with Freddie Gray told investigators that he could hear Gray “banging against the walls” of the vehicle and believed that he “was intentionally trying to injure himself,” according to a police document obtained by The Washington Post.
    Well . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    I heard reported this morning that a prominent doctor stated that people with asthma are at a greater risk of having seizures.
    He further stated, that a violent enough seizure can in fact break your own neck.
    What if Gray was having a violent seizure in the back of the police van?

    Anyway, so far this appears to be an anonymous source, and probably should be treated as such, but still, plausible at least.

    So the police are investigating, and turning the results over to the prosecutor, who'll likely call for a Grand Jury, or, if she's smart, she'll turn the entire thing over to the state attorney general (she's been in office a mere 100 days, and I don't think stems from the legal or LE communities).

    Yeah, I can see the repeat here. The GD doesn't find anything to charge the cops with, and there'll be even more rioting. Hopefully, this time the mayor will call in the National Guard before these results are made public, to preempt any additional rioting before is even starts. 'Space to destroy' indeed.
    Guess you missed that one, or not? Or am I misunderstanding your question?
    Nancy Pelosi said: “We have to pass it, to find out what’s in it.” A Doctor called to a radio show & said: "That's the definition of a stool sample"
    "Under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket," Barack Obama January 2008

  3. #163
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Well . . .


    Guess you missed that one, or not? Or am I misunderstanding your question?
    Damn. I guess I did. Thank you.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  4. #164
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by kjwins View Post
    What have I said that is inaccurate?
    See post #151.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  5. #165
    #NeverHillary
    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,752
    Blog Entries
    11

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Damn. I guess I did. Thank you.
    No worries.

    The forum is kinda 'two dimensional' that way.
    Nancy Pelosi said: “We have to pass it, to find out what’s in it.” A Doctor called to a radio show & said: "That's the definition of a stool sample"
    "Under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket," Barack Obama January 2008

  6. #166
    Professor
    kjwins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,818

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    What CAN they do in place like St Louis and Baltimore ? Nothing.

    Whether you support either party or not doesn't negate the fact that the real and underlying issues that lead to communites like Baltimore turning into powder kegs are being ignored.

    If you perpetuate this narrative of " Murder by Cop " , a narrative that was based on a LIE ( Hands up don't shoot ) than your'e partly responsible for all of this nonsense.

    You realize that there's a 60 percent drop out rate in Baltimore. 50 percent of the residents their have a maximum 8th grade education.

    Poverty and dependantce the through the roof. All that didn't happen over night or even over the last 10 years. This has been ignored for decades.

    So while you claim without any evidence that this guy was murdered those people now have to live in a already run down community AFTER a bunch of rioters made it worse

    You realize there's still burned out shells of buildings in Detroit from the 60s riot ?

    I actually believe there are honest hard working people that live in those communities.

    This politicization of " Police brutality " so maybe the Democrats can sign up a few voters has gone on long enough.
    A Riot Is the Language of the Unheard': 9 MLK Quotes the Mainstream Media Won't Cite

    'A Riot Is the Language of the Unheard': 9 MLK Quotes the Mainstream Media Won't Cite | Alternet
    “A drug is not bad. A drug is a chemical compound. The problem comes in when people who take drugs treat them like a license to behave like an asshole.” People do drugs because reality sucks, If you want people to stop doing drugs change reality.
    ― Frank Zappa

  7. #167
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Yes, and OJ Simpson is a really nice guy who was just trying to see how sharp his knife was.

    It's remarkable how many little angels get in trouble with police. I suppose only the truly evil walk free among us.
    Well no, OJ Simpson isn't a nice guy, but you should know the reason he walked.

    Jury nullification in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    Several cases that were speculated to be instances of jury nullification included the prosecution of Washington D.C.’s former mayor, Marion Barry; the trial of Lorena Bobbitt; the prosecution of the police officers accused of beating Rodney King; the prosecution of two men charged with beating Reginald Denny in the resulting riots; the trial of the survivingBranch Davidian members; the trial of the Menendez brothers for the murder of their parents; and perhaps most famously, the O.J. Simpson murder trial.[18] In the days preceding Jack Kevorkian's trial for assisted suicide in Michigan, Kevorkian's lawyer, Geoffrey Fieger, told the press that he would urge the jury to disregard the law. Prosecutors prevailed upon the judge to enter a pretrial order banning any mention of nullification during the trial, but Fieger's statements had already been extensively reported in the media.[19]


  8. #168
    Professor
    kjwins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,818

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    See post #151.
    That's you're opinion. That does not make the statement false. If you like I have a link for lost puppies.
    “A drug is not bad. A drug is a chemical compound. The problem comes in when people who take drugs treat them like a license to behave like an asshole.” People do drugs because reality sucks, If you want people to stop doing drugs change reality.
    ― Frank Zappa

  9. #169
    Professor
    kjwins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,818

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    “A drug is not bad. A drug is a chemical compound. The problem comes in when people who take drugs treat them like a license to behave like an asshole.” People do drugs because reality sucks, If you want people to stop doing drugs change reality.
    ― Frank Zappa

  10. #170
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,883

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    The prisoner in question couldn't actually see Freddy Gray.

    He heard Gray thrashing around, but since he couldn't actually see Gray he can't give any credible explanation as to how or why Gray was doing whatever it was he was doing.

    Nevertheless, he wastes no time jumping to conclusions, saying that he believed Gray was intentionally trying to injure himself.
    And? No one has stated otherwise.

    Nor have you refuted the fact that it was known from the beginning and and obtained through investigation and not through your absurdly biased bs of taking a "sweetheart deal".


    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    Again, if the "prisoner" had said anything that actually implicated police you would be the first (the VERY first) to argue that the prisoner's account should be ignored because:

    1. He is a prisoner, and thus has no credibility.
    2. He didn't actually see anything.
    3. We have no indication that he is trained in any manner which might allow him to draw inferences of how Gray was acting based simply upon "the sounds of thrashing" he says Gray was making.
    Double d'oh!
    Wrong soot!
    You clearly know not of what you speak.
    Nor is this topic about me, so you should have known better to make such absurd statements.

    I have never dismissed anyone's account simply because they are a prisoner.
    So stop speaking nonsense.
    I have never simply dismissed an ear witness, simply because they are an ear witness.
    So stop speaking nonsense.
    As for #3. iLOL You have no idea how he specifically described it, only that it sounded to him as though he was trying to injure himself.
    So again, just stop with this nonsense.


    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    Given all of that it is MUCH more likely that the "prisoner" is singing for "the man" than that his statement has any evidentiary value whatsoever.
    Your statement here is again indicative of convoluted and biased thoughts.
    It is also you not paying attention to the provided information.
    It was known from the beginning and obtained through investigation. Not some bargain with a DA.


    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    Yeah, a warrant seeking the seizure of a uniform worn by one of the officers involved in Gray’s arrest or transport.

    Seems like a perfectly reasonable piece of information to put in that kind of warrant.

    "Hey, we're going to need the uniform that you were wearing the night you beat the **** out of Freddy Gray. And by the way, this prisoner says that even though he couldn't see Gray in the back of the van and consequently has no idea what actually happened to him he "believes" Gray caused his own spinal fracture and death, how about that? We'll probably just run with that explanation so the DA will almost certainly decline to indict, you know, how we usually do. We'll settle with the family later to shut them up, you know, how we always do."
    Oh gee. Just more convoluted biased nonsense.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •