Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 681

Thread: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

  1. #131
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,225

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Maybe folks were to quick to blame police.
    LOL

    Yeah.

    Probably the same "credible source" that told them about the vast gang conspiracy to kill cops.

    Not holding my breath on that, see no reason to believe this either.

    No doubt in my mind that the DA offered this kid a sweetheart deal to provide this "revelation".

    What's funny is that the same people who are taking this "admission" as Bible truth would be the first to discount anything this kid said if it went against the police.

    There are dozens of witnesses, and note that none of them are sitting in prison so by "conservative" standards typically a lot more credible, all along the route from the time of Gray's arrest 'til the time he was delivered to Shock Trauma who have given accounts of police abusing Gray and none of those accounts are being bandied about by those who support big government jackbooted oppression.

    But one skell sings like a canary to beat a charge and it's like the gates of heaven opened up and God told you Gray was being a rascal.

    If it weren't so pathetic, and so transparent, it would be funny.
    Last edited by soot; 04-30-15 at 11:12 AM.
    “Now it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,
    For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
    And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
    And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

  2. #132
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your left... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    26,571

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    If this thread is proof of anything, is that there are a ton of gullible idiots in this world. Can you imagine? Guy breaks his own neck and crushes his own windpipe, in the back of a van, while handcuffed.... just to... what? Die and get away from the police forever and ever?
    Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?
    Huntsman / Kasich 2020

  3. #133
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,987

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I feel sorry for you and those who think like you - it makes your life so much more difficult and stressful. I have zero attitude towards police and as a result I've had nothing but professional experiences when dealing with them. But then, I also respect the laws that have been established by the society in which I live, so that makes it easy not to "cop" an attitude. And those laws I don't like? I work the system to try to change them - I don't just ignore and/or break them.
    And your experiences prove what? I've always been respectful to police, but in my youth I can say that I was treated with enormous amounts of disrespect, but I grew up in a poor neighborhood where the cops treated people like crap. Now this isn't meant to prove anything except your anicdotal experiences and .25 cents will get you a cup of coffee.
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary (or faith) depends upon his not understanding it.”

  4. #134
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,846

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Liberal blog: U.S. cops killed more people in one month than U.K. cops killed last century | PunditFact

    I could dig into the actual information cited, but I'm not really interested.
    I sort of guessed that

    As to civil war, why are your trying to push that there is a "war" on by US Cops, but you don't want to count your "war"? So you want to qualify deaths at the hands of police?
    So are you saying that you too are in civil war in order to cobble together some kind of excuse then ?

    The fact is, the "per capita" claim is completely false, as it draws assumptions from a fraction of the police agencies, and the data that is available is comingled with other reported deaths that aren't related. There are thousands of police agencies across the US that haven't experienced a police shooting in years, yet they also don't report to the data base activists and control groups like those behind the stats your pushing like to use
    So what sinister agenda is it you think these alleged activists and control groups are pursuing and why ?

    As to your final question, let's not play games. You've been around long enough, and the links you've provided are right out of the anti-police/anti gun play book.
    Well I'm certainly not anti police. Far from it in fact

    Given the links you provided are the most commonly used to push your narrative, I would suggest you have used them before, and you have likely received similar responses as mine, pointing out the flawed nature of their conclusions.
    Nope I've never used them before

    If that is the case, it's clear you have decided to ignore those factual responses to continue to push your agenda. If that is not the case, then what I have provided in response should give rise to a bit of caution before using this flawed data to make a point.
    Wanting data to be flawed doesn't make it so. Your police kill many times the number of people than are killed in the rest of the developed world combined. If you are happy with that being so then who am I to argue.

  5. #135
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,776

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    They are culpable for breaking protocol and endangering the life of their prisoner. They need a damned good excuse as to why they broke it, and if it cannot be defended they are certainly partially responsible in the least.
    You haven't refute what I said.
    There may have been a reason for not doing so and not doing so does not automatically mean they are responsible for his injuries.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Path is important because it can show if they went out of their way to extend rides or go down certain streets that were not the best way to get to the precinct.
    Obviously you are not paying attention. The route is already known.
    Do you not understand that?


    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    And look at this.

    Freddie Gray death: New narratives emerge - CNN.com

    Where's that on your time line?

    Again confirming you are not paying attention. It is there.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Perchance, and if they can demonstrate legitimate reason for breaking protocol and endangering the life of their restrained, and cuffed prisoner, then they can do so.
    Continually saying they endangered his life by not doing so is ridiculous.
    It puts your argument in the realm of exaggerated nonsense.
    Especially as that "rule" (not law) was not previously in force 9 days earlier.
    The "rule" (not law) was implemented for safety reasons, but that does not mean their life was endangered by not following it.


    And not securing by seatbelt out of safety concerns for the Officer as claimed, is another valid reason.

    And as the policy allowed for other means of restraining device be used, you have no idea if that was done or not. Just the claims of no seatbelt.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    And yet you yourself cited this from the 24th.

    From the 24th.
    Batts said another man who was in the van during the tail end of Gray's ride told investigators that Gray was "was still moving around, that he was kicking and making noises" up until the van arrived at the station. Batts said the man also said the driver did not speed, make sudden stops of "drive erratically."
    Freddie Gray death: Baltimore police prisoner transport under scrutiny - World - CBC News

    There are reports that the dude, who could not see Gray, was attempting to hurt himself, and your post which says that he was kicking and making noise till the arrived at the precinct.
    iLOL
    And?
    I know what is says. It does not say "kicking and screaming"as you claimed.
    That is just another of your exaggerations.

    While it may later turn out to be true, presently it is just another of your exaggerations.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    First off, what I said was

    Which is not assumption, that statement was referring to the additional information about the possibility of Gray trying to hurt himself (he should have been properly restrained). Nothing there exonerates the police. And of course nothing that we no yet condemns them, but I never said it did. The investigation is still pending.

    Yes you did make an assumption.
    "nothing can exonerate the actions of the police." is an assumption.

    There is a difference in what you said.
    One is an assumption the other is an observation.
    "Nothing can exonerate the actions of the police." (an assumption), is different from "Nothing there exonerates the police" (an observation).


    "Nothing can" is not the same as "nothing there".
    I am sure you know that.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  6. #136
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,776

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Dead at the hands of police is dead in whatever nation you choose to look at
    And?
    That does not indicate wrong doing on the part of Police.
    Do you or do you not understands that?


    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Yes but its funny cases like this just seem to keep happening over and over again yet only in the US isn't it ?

    That would be on the one shot.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  7. #137
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,762

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I sort of guessed that



    So are you saying that you too are in civil war in order to cobble together some kind of excuse then ?



    So what sinister agenda is it you think these alleged activists and control groups are pursuing and why ?



    Well I'm certainly not anti police. Far from it in fact



    Nope I've never used them before



    Wanting data to be flawed doesn't make it so. Your police kill many times the number of people than are killed in the rest of the developed world combined. If you are happy with that being so then who am I to argue.
    LOL. Yes, no agenda from you at all.

    As I wrote before, post all the flawed data you want, and make all the bogus claims you want. It's your false propaganda, so why not use it.

    Have a nice day.
    President Donald J Trump, 45th President of the United States of America. A victory born in the hearts and minds of Everyday Americans

  8. #138
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,846

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    There is nothing to show this only happens in the USA. Nothing whatsoever.
    It very rarely happens elsewhere then. Lets face it there are many out there quite happy with the police use of 'extreme predjudice' in the exercise of their duty and I don't mean that from any overtly racist perspective either

  9. #139
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,517

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by kjwins View Post
    You really think one is better than the other. GWB put us all in debt & Obama is keeping us there. Same difference.

    The riots started because a false narrative of " Police brutality "????????? Are you paying any attention to this, or do you get the story straight for Sean Hannity.

    The city payed out 6 mil last year for police brutality. false narrative LOL

    As the people in Baltimore are saying. What is more important property or human life. The police, city, & Fox News think property. Were do you stand?
    Cities like Baltimore, Detroit, St Louis, Chicago, Atlanta, etc have been run by leftist monopolies for decades. Including the Police departments.

    There's NO Bush or Conservative finger prints on any of this.

    And yes I have been paying attention to this narrative. " Hands up dont shoot " was a lie.

    Whos paying attention to the MUCH Larger issue of Black on black violence and growing poverty and dependance ? Not the Democrats and apparently not you

  10. #140
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    re: Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document [W:384]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?
    This would have to be the case of the first man who purposely broke his neck to get away from the police. Convenient how these amazing feats happen in the back of a police van.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •