Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Baltimore riots: Peace replaces violence on city's streets

  1. #1
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,017

    Baltimore riots: Peace replaces violence on city's streets

    Baltimore riots: Peace replaces violence on the streets - CNN.com

    • Some 2,000 National Guardsmen and more than 1,000 police officers from Maryland and neighboring states will be in the streets of Baltimore on Tuesday night, Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan said. "This combined force will not tolerate violence or looting, which has led to the destruction of property and put innocent Marylanders at risk." "It's clear that what we have to do is change the culture within the Baltimore Police Department," Baltimore Police Commissioner Anthony Batts said Tuesday. The process has been underway for more than two years, but there is more to do, he said.
    • Monday night's riots in Baltimore were a rough time, Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake said, but the response Tuesday shows that residents want to reclaim, repair and heal the city.
    As I have been saying all along, these two issues exist parallel to each other. The violence and rioting are simply unjustified. However, even if that is the case, the majority of the protesters are indeed justified in their outrage at the current situation. Hopefully, some discussion can be had on the issue. I doubt it though. We'll simply move on to discussing whether the police or the suspect are to blame for the guy with the broken neck and nothing will ever change, until the next round.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #2
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Baltimore riots: Peace replaces violence on city's streets

    Its clear that there is a police brutality problem in this country, and its clear that the African American populations in this country often times end up as the victims. Its also clear that there is a police militarization problem in this country. Its also clear that many people dont want to talk about it. Am I in favor of riots? No. Am I in favor of peaceful marches, and disobedience? Absolutely. Can I understand why the riots are happening and understand why some feel this is their only outlet? I cannot 100% understand that, but I can somewhat understand that.

    It however incredibly uplifting to see some of the things coming out of Baltimore right now: many in their community cleaning up their streets, gangs uniting and trying to stop the rioting and the violent protesters, individuals standing between hostile protesters and individuals trying to calm both sides down, the Nation of Islam blocking looters and also trying to calm violent protesters and rioters.
    Last edited by TheDemSocialist; 04-28-15 at 08:58 PM.


  3. #3
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,210

    Re: Baltimore riots: Peace replaces violence on city's streets

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Its clear that there is a police brutality problem in this country, and its clear that the African American populations in this country often times end up as the victims. Its also clear that there is a police militarization problem in this country. Its also clear that many people dont want to talk about it. Am I in favor of riots? No. Am I in favor of peaceful marches, and disobedience? Absolutely. Can I understand why the riots are happening and understand why some feel this is their only outlet? I cannot 100% understand that, but I can somewhat understand that.

    It however incredibly uplifting to see some of the things coming out of Baltimore right now: many in their community cleaning up their streets, gangs uniting and trying to stop the rioting, the violent protesters, individuals standing between hostile protesters and individuals trying to calm both sides down, the Nation of Islam blocking looters and also trying to calm violent protesters and rioters.

    What's clear is race relations in general worsen when Progressives gain power. What's clear is these inner city areas are the consequence of the same failed experiment thats been tried and tried again for decades.

    From New York City in the 70s, late 80s and early 90s to Chicago, Detroit, Ferguson and now Baltimore what's " clear " is there are profound consequences to putting Progressives in positions of power.

    Its no surprise things hae gotten worse in the last 6 years under our first " Black President ".

    Obama's a liberal first. His Policies and rhetoric have disproportionately impacted Black American as joblessness poverty and crime are ignored in place of empty claims of " economic recovery ".

    Obama's is and never was a pioneer. His ideas and beliefs are rehashed from the 60s. For example when David Denkins ran as NYCs first black mayor he used the same empty platitudes and bumper sticker slogans all based on creating racial harmony that obama used and by the end of his first and only term murder rates spiked at a all time high.

    When the 1991 riots broke out Denkins policy was to give the rioters room to blow off steam. Sound familiar ?

    Its the same failed experiment over and over. Progressive Politicians elected to fix some perceived and often made up issue and simply making things worse by implementing policies that perpetuate dependance, poverty and crime.

    You call attention to a supposed rise in Police brutality while you ignore the alarming rate of black on black crime in Democrat run hell holes like Chicago and Detroit.

    You claim to be advocates for the minority community but are all too willing to ignore the weekly violence thats taken so many young Black lives. Even children caught in the crossfire dont get protesters, nor do they get a statement from the Obama administration.

    I think your'e an advocate for a ideology thats caused so much pain and misery, not any race or group or culture of people.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  4. #4
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Baltimore riots: Peace replaces violence on city's streets

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Obama's a liberal first. His Policies and rhetoric have disproportionately impacted Black American as joblessness poverty and crime are ignored in place of empty claims of " economic recovery ".

    Obama's is and never was a pioneer. His ideas and beliefs are rehashed from the 60s.


    Its the same failed experiment over and over

  5. #5
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Baltimore riots: Peace replaces violence on city's streets

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    What's clear is race relations in general worsen when Progressives gain power. What's clear is these inner city areas are the consequence of the same failed experiment thats been tried and tried again for decades.

    From New York City in the 70s, late 80s and early 90s to Chicago, Detroit, Ferguson and now Baltimore what's " clear " is there are profound consequences to putting Progressives in positions of power.

    Its no surprise things hae gotten worse in the last 6 years under our first " Black President ".

    Obama's a liberal first. His Policies and rhetoric have disproportionately impacted Black American as joblessness poverty and crime are ignored in place of empty claims of " economic recovery ".

    Obama's is and never was a pioneer. His ideas and beliefs are rehashed from the 60s. For example when David Denkins ran as NYCs first black mayor he used the same empty platitudes and bumper sticker slogans all based on creating racial harmony that obama used and by the end of his first and only term murder rates spiked at a all time high.

    When the 1991 riots broke out Denkins policy was to give the rioters room to blow off steam. Sound familiar ?

    Its the same failed experiment over and over. Progressive Politicians elected to fix some perceived and often made up issue and simply making things worse by implementing policies that perpetuate dependance, poverty and crime.

    You call attention to a supposed rise in Police brutality while you ignore the alarming rate of black on black crime in Democrat run hell holes like Chicago and Detroit.

    You claim to be advocates for the minority community but are all too willing to ignore the weekly violence thats taken so many young Black lives. Even children caught in the crossfire dont get protesters, nor do they get a statement from the Obama administration.

    I think your'e an advocate for a ideology thats caused so much pain and misery, not any race or group or culture of people.
    You have to be ****ing kidding me...


  6. #6
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: Baltimore riots: Peace replaces violence on city's streets

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    You have to be ****ing kidding me...
    Somehow, some way, absolutely anything can be made to be a partisan issue, and Obama's fault.

    Thanks, Obama!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,210

    Re: Baltimore riots: Peace replaces violence on city's streets

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Yep. The Historical similarities to past Democrat administrations on a State, Local or even Federal level are too obvious to ignore.

    1993...

    Report Charges Dinkins Slow to Act in Brooklyn Riot : Unrest: Probe of '91 clashes between Hasidic Jews and blacks faults New York's mayor. The rebuke could deal a serious blow to his reelection hopes. - latimes

    " NEW YORK — A comprehensive state report concluded Tuesday that Mayor David N. Dinkins "failed to act in a timely and decisive manner" to protect lives and property during a four-day outbreak of racial violence in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn in August, 1991.

    In 1991, when New York Mayor David Dinkins held the police back in order to let protesters “blow off a little steam.” But, the destructive result was something anyone who runs a city should have studied.

    1995...

    Blog: Baltimore mayor: We 'gave those who wished to destroy space to do that'

    “It’s a very delicate balancing act, because while we tried to make sure that they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.”


    Obama's and Eric Holders response to the riots and destruction in Ferguson was to what ? Make a list of of rules on how not to be a racist Police officer ?


    Unbelievable. So the poverty, crime, dependence, mediocrity and the failure of the local Schools, the REAL AND SUBSTANTIAL issues that people in that community face everyday get passed over so a narrative that was based on a lie can be reinforced by a Justice Department and administration who's committed to the minority community. The ideology that defines this administration and their supporters is no more commuted to the black community than they were 40 years ago.

    What about black on black crime? | Chicago

    It will be a cold day in hell when the Obama administration or any of the activist and talking heads on the left who seem to save their outrage for Blacks who die at the hands of Police officers whether justifiable or not address the real issues that continue to plague inner city areas.

    Focusing on or misrepresenting the issue of bad cops or " Police Brutality " so you can sign up a few voters does nothing for a population that continues to struggle disproportionately over the last 6 years. Celebrations over jobless economic recoveries also does nothing for the inner city area residents who now have to pick up the pieces of a burned out neighborhood.

    U.S. Blacks Suffer Disproportionately From Chronic Conditions

    It's exceedingly obvious that Democrat policies have failed the inner city areas.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  8. #8
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Baltimore riots: Peace replaces violence on city's streets

    C'mon guys, it's Fenton. You know what to expect.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Baltimore riots: Peace replaces violence on city's streets

    Baltimore is a third world city run by poverty pimps that make Al-Sharpton seem like a virtuous man. Watch The Wire. It's a great show that demonstrates this reality. Some places and demographics simply are hopeless.
    Last edited by Ryan5; 04-28-15 at 10:24 PM.

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Baltimore riots: Peace replaces violence on city's streets

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Baltimore riots: Peace replaces violence on the streets - CNN.com



    As I have been saying all along, these two issues exist parallel to each other. The violence and rioting are simply unjustified. However, even if that is the case, the majority of the protesters are indeed justified in their outrage at the current situation. Hopefully, some discussion can be had on the issue. I doubt it though. We'll simply move on to discussing whether the police or the suspect are to blame for the guy with the broken neck and nothing will ever change, until the next round.
    such discussions can't be had until after the children get bored with having had their fun( or they are forced to cease) and adults take over.... but yes, such discussions need to take place.

    I have zero problem with folks being outraged at injustices... I have a problem when their initial reaction is violence and destruction, though.
    for that reason, I can't support the rioters/protesters .... well, that and I am of the belief that protesters/rioters are no longer reasonable actors, but simply a mob...and unthinking, unreasonable, irrational, mob.

    I also share your cynicism.... we'll be having the same chat again during the next dust-up.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •