Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 301

Thread: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

  1. #191
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    39,957

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoVlaming View Post
    Lack of evidence didn't stop the Department of Justice on other occasions.
    The DOJ has a long, bad history of injecting itself into places it doesn't belong; a precedent that far outdates Obama, Bush or any president in our memory.

    What the hell is your point?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #192
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,198

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    The DOJ has a long, bad history of injecting itself into places it doesn't belong; a precedent that far outdates Obama, Bush or any president in our memory.

    What the hell is your point?
    I agree on your first sentence.

    As to my point: it is that the Justice Department is very selective in upholding "civil rights". Nothing more and nothing less.

  3. #193
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    89,493
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    ... I remember when Tupac was shot and Obama did nothing about it. As a matter of fact, do we know where Obama was when Tupac was killed? I bet you he did it. Obama killed Tupac.
    mojo-obama-conspiracy.jpg
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #194
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    30,269

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoVlaming View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear when the Justice Department is going to start an investigation of the Baltimore mayor for potentially violating the civil rights of certain people by "giving the rioters space" to destroy those people's property.
    Would you have preferred an all-out war between the police and the protestors?
    That would have fed right into what far-righty whities would have wanted--what do you think?
    Literally shoot the messengers--don't ever deal with the ongoing message how it starts every time--you do know how it all started again correct?

    That is the goal of the far-right extreme--a second civil war--their words.
    The number of #1 best-sellers on the subject since your current President began in 2009 is fact.
    The bragging of how the wrong-minded have all the weapons and clips by the far-right losers.
    The right-wing hate radio that preaches to its brethren every night.
    And FOX to bring it all home .
    Last edited by NIMBY; 04-29-15 at 02:23 AM.
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  5. #195
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,198

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Would you have preferred an all-out war between the police and the protestors?
    That would have fed right into what far-righty whities would have wanted.
    Literally shoot the messengers--don't ever deal with the ongoing message how it starts every time.

    That is the goal of the far-right extreme--a second civil war.
    The number of #1 best-sellers on the subject since your current President began in 2009.
    The bragging of how the wrong-minded have all the weapons and clips.
    The right-wing hate radio that preaches to its brethren every night.
    And FOX to bring it all home .
    No, I'm just one of those old-fashioned people who believe the government has among its primary duties upholding its citizens safety and the respect for law and good order.
    As for the rest of your rant, I believe it says more about what interests you than about what interests me.

  6. #196
    Professor
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,136

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    ohhhhh...I undesrtand but it appears you dont understand your own posts.. you are parroting CNNs "semantic dance"...Obama knows saying the word Ferguson is going to equate this to that.. and bring in the hate.. Obama just had to say " we wont tolerate any crime of arson or rioting, you will be arrested" but he made sure to bring his view that this a shut case and Obama once again has giving his verdict and has given JUSTIFICATION for more rioting....
    Please don't feel you have to respond to me because I've read your posts and I have no interest in discussing this with you, but I wanted to counter this point which I think is a terrible point. Obama saying that the rioting is inexcusable and, at the same time, saying that police brutality is a "slow rolling crisis" go hand in hand. In fact, the latter seems like it would be MORE effective in preventing riots. If you were angry about police targeting black people and the president said "I understand," then you would be LESS likely to be angry about it because "the most powerful man in the world" (I put that in quotations because I think the President has been a figurehead for a century) is on your side. I don't understand your logic other than from a standpoint of "Obama bad. Republican good. Black people angry. White people good."
    A working class hero is something to be

  7. #197
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    02-10-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,354

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Please don't feel you have to respond to me because I've read your posts and I have no interest in discussing this with you, but I wanted to counter this point which I think is a terrible point. Obama saying that the rioting is inexcusable and, at the same time, saying that police brutality is a "slow rolling crisis" go hand in hand. In fact, the latter seems like it would be MORE effective in preventing riots. If you were angry about police targeting black people and the president said "I understand," then you would be LESS likely to be angry about it because "the most powerful man in the world" (I put that in quotations because I think the President has been a figurehead for a century) is on your side. I don't understand your logic other than from a standpoint of "Obama bad. Republican good. Black people angry. White people good."
    That's pretty much the gist of every single one of his posts. It's how he earned a spot on my ignore list, which is all of 2 people.
    Hail to the King baby!

  8. #198
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    26,435

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I guess when Obama called the rioters "thugs and criminals" it just wasn't quite up to snuff. He actually had to call them "black savages" to please a certain segment of the population. Because, of course, Obama needs so much more public/media grief than he's already gotten by calling them "thugs and criminals", eh? Poor Obama can't say anything right!
    Inorite? I watched his press conference today and he called them criminals and said they should be arrested and prosecuted as such. There was no ambiguity at all.
    "Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free."

    "No, you'll be *a* judge of that, just like everyone else who reads it."
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #199
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,703

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Just to make the point, in the very few minutes I saw coverage on TV of the riots before I turned the channel, I saw white folks doing it too. Funny how those don't count ot you...
    In the coverage I saw, I saw white people being assaulted - I didn't see them rioting. If you did, please reference some and I'll condemn them as well. I think anyone who riots, assaults others, and destroys public and/or private property should be given one warning and if they persist, shot on sight.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  10. #200
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    That's pretty much my view on the matter. I don't condone the rioting or the looting, but I can definitely see how the current conditions led to it. Police departments in US cities have been getting away with killing civilians for decades. Normally, it's impossible to really make a case against a single incident because they can have as much as 10-15 years between them. However, when a single police department has paid millions within a 4 year span, and has over a 100 such incidents within that period, there is an obvious pattern. This is specially true if the city doesn't even reach the 1 million mark. I think that was Obama's mistake. Linking this to Ferguson. The situations simply aren't the same though there is ample evidence that the FPD also engaged in some of the same tactics. I guess what I am saying is that the issues should be viewed as separate but within a larger national pattern of police brutality.
    For one, I never ever wanted a ride in the back of a Chicago PD paddy wagon, with only steel walls to bounce off of while being handcuffed. Anytime and every time I was stopped by a Chicago cop, it was always yes sir and no sir, and no lip or resistance, because to resist or try to obstruct automatically meant a trip in the back of a paddy wagon to soften you up.

    When I saw Freddy being carried by two cops to that wagon, looking at his face, I would have to say they'd already broken his spine before they loaded him, notice they dragged him, no leg movement on Freddie's part, he was already paralyzed when the loaded him, see Freddie's face, and imagine excruciating pain he must have been in. When cops take people down, they put the person on their belly, and place a knee into the back.

    fordsquadrol-vi.jpg

    Notice in the video, Freddie being dragged to the paddy wagon, he was in pain and nearly lifeless at that point in time.
    Last edited by AJiveMan; 04-29-15 at 04:48 AM.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •