Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 301

Thread: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

  1. #111
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,402

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I want him to call them savages - it's what they are - and all I've seen in the coverage have been black - so yes, he likes to own racial issues and speak as if he's one with the protestors, so own it and condemn it.

    BTW, your lame attempt to shut me down by implying I'm racist won't work. I've been a member of DP for a couple of years now and I'm well aware of this blatant liberal tactic.
    Well if all the coverage has been of black people rioting then why does he need to refer to them as "black savages?"

    And I'm not trying to shut you down at all. I'm being pretty entertained at the moment by watching you try to walk back from your own statements.

  2. #112
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    07-20-17 @ 11:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,847

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Your illogical statements can only be dismissed. They're not worthy of anyone's time. I asked you basic questions regarding your analysis and this is now the 4th of 5th post where you simply ignore them. If you have no interest in discussing your analysis, just say so and leave like you said you'd do. There's no reason to waste bandwidth with your ranting about how bad Obama is. I even questioned the exact parts you outlined in your argument. You ignored it and moved on to complaining that everyone is wrong except you. It's getting old and predictable, Ocean. Here, I'll ask you again, I've even reformatted them for your covenience:

    Do you have a problem with saying that police alone can't solve the underlying issues here?
    Do you have a problem with saying that drugs are a problem in the black community?
    Do you have a problem with saying that minorities regularly deal with police brutality?

    It seems like you're saying that discussing this issue in any depth is inciting riots. That's simply absurd.
    LOL. No, they not worth your time because the truth scares you, and violates your ideological purpose.

    Thanks for avoiding the subject again. Oh, and I appreciate your admission that you can't think independently by considering facts presented.

    The President prefaced his comments, and you're apparently scared to death to consider the reason he did so.

    I'm cool with knowing that about you.

    President Donald J Trump, 45th President of the United States of America. A victory born in the hearts and minds of Everyday Americans

  3. #113
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,807

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Well if all the coverage has been of black people rioting then why does he need to refer to them as "black savages?"

    And I'm not trying to shut you down at all. I'm being pretty entertained at the moment by watching you try to walk back from your own statements.
    I'm not walking back anything - they're black and their savages - I've got the integrity and stones to call it what it is - I'm not entertained at all by what I'm seeing going on in Baltimore and in many places in the US. As a liberal, I'm sure you're delighted because that's what liberals live for and promote. Without conflict between citizens, you've got nothing.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    41,301

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Well if all the coverage has been of black people rioting then why does he need to refer to them as "black savages?"

    And I'm not trying to shut you down at all. I'm being pretty entertained at the moment by watching you try to walk back from your own statements.
    It's a pretty sneaky method. A lot of posters have been trying it lately. They see protests and riots and then they feel they can get away with calling blacks 'savages' with impunity. If one were to apply the methods they use to decipher Obama's words, one could even argue that they're showing their racist streak. However, I'm way above that.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #115
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    41,301

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    LOL. No, they not worth your time because the truth scares you, and violates your ideological purpose.

    Thanks for avoiding the subject again. Oh, and I appreciate your admission that you can't think independently by considering facts presented.

    The President prefaced his comments, and you're apparently scared to death to consider the reason he did so.

    I'm cool with knowing that about you.

    You continue without answering simple questions? Why can't you answer them? Here they are again:

    Do you have a problem with saying that police alone can't solve the underlying issues here?
    Do you have a problem with saying that drugs are a problem in the black community?
    Do you have a problem with saying that minorities regularly deal with police brutality?

    You can't? Seems like your analysis falls flat if you answer these questions.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #116
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,189
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore - CNNPolitics.com

    Thought this was interesting. I guess it takes the wind out of the 'tacit approval' crowd.
    It would have had it said that and let it go at that. But then he proceeded to blunt it with additional criticism of law enforcement officers and a suggestion that Baltimore was just a continuation of a much bigger problem--he practically justified the rioters and blamed the police--and finished with comments that if everybody would just do what he, Obama, and the team he put together, recommends, the on going problem would be fixed.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  7. #117
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    41,383

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I'm not walking back anything - they're black and their savages - I've got the integrity and stones to call it what it is - I'm not entertained at all by what I'm seeing going on in Baltimore and in many places in the US. As a liberal, I'm sure you're delighted because that's what liberals live for and promote. Without conflict between citizens, you've got nothing.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    41,301

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    It would have had it said that and let it go at that. But then he proceeded to blunt it with additional criticism of law enforcement officers and a suggestion that Baltimore was just a continuation of a much bigger problem--he practically justified the rioters and blamed the police--and finished with comments that if everybody would just do what he, Obama, and the team he put together, recommends, the on going problem would be fixed.
    In other words, you're angry that he discussed the issue in depth. If that's what worries you, then you have no interest in discussing the issue at all. You just feel like ONE SIDE deserves all of the criticism. The mental acrobatics you do after that are the same talking points nonsense regurgitated by Travis, CanadaJohn and Ocean.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #119
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,531

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    I'll direct you to earlier in his speech.

    Point number three, there’s no excuse for the kind of violence that we saw yesterday. It is counterproductive. When individuals get crowbars and start prying open doors to loot, they’re not protesting, they’re not making a statement — they’re stealing. When they burn down a building, they’re committing arson. And they’re destroying and undermining businesses and opportunities in their own communities that rob jobs and opportunity from people in that area.
    I don't know of a more explicit way for the President to condemn the riot and rioters.

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I agree. So why would a standing President make excuses? To paraphrase, he said: Not trying to make excuses for violence and rioting, but....."

    Do you care to offer a different reason he chose to preface his words in such a way?
    Your paraphrasing of his statement isn't accurate. He is highlighting the need for us, as a society, to recognize that we need to change the way things are if we are to avoid more of these "periodic conflicts between the police and the community."
    Hail to the King baby!

  10. #120
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,189
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama: 'No excuse' for violence in Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    In other words, you're angry that he discussed the issue in depth. If that's what worries you, then you have no interest in discussing the issue at all. You just feel like ONE SIDE deserves all of the criticism. The mental acrobatics you do after that are the same talking points nonsense regurgitated by Travis, CanadaJohn and Ocean.
    You have no clue why I am angry or whether I am angry or what makes me angry or what I have interest in discussing. Now you can discuss the merits or lack thereof of my post, as I did yours, or you can continue to engage in full blown ad hominem and personal attack. Your choice.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •