Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 501 to 507 of 507

Thread: Baltimore Police: Gangs Enter Partnership to ‘Take-Out’ Officers [W:99]

  1. #501
    Godwin's Lawyer
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,125

    Re: Baltimore Police: Gangs Enter Partnership to ‘Take-Out’ Officers [W:99]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    In the other thread you provided off-topic nonsense. I pointed that out. You wanted to continue that exchange.

    In this thread I commented about an image you posted that was entirely absurd and untrue. And now it appears you want to continue this exchange as well.


    And again. I focus on what has been presented.
    But this is again an example of your imagination getting the best of you. That is what you should be curious about.
    No, son, it's a demonstrable fact, backed by the data. It is a fact. A cold, hard fact.

    But I don't think--at least not yet--that you're stalking me. Based on your posting habits with others, I think it's more plausible that you're just on a personal mission to try to convince everyone you engage that you're right in everything you say.

    Anyway, I've got some personal duties I need to attend to. Catch you later.

  2. #502
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,428

    Re: Baltimore Police: Gangs Enter Partnership to ‘Take-Out’ Officers [W:99]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    No, son, it's a demonstrable fact, backed by the data. It is a fact. A cold, hard fact.
    No, it isn't.


    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    But I don't think--at least not yet--that you're stalking me. Based on your posting habits with others,
    Good, then you shouldn't even have suggested I was on a personal campaign to drown out your voice.


    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    I think it's more plausible that you're just on a personal mission to try to convince everyone you engage that you're right in everything you say.

    Another great example of your imagination is getting the best of you.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  3. #503
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    160,705

    Re: Baltimore Police: Gangs Enter Partnership to ‘Take-Out’ Officers [W:99]

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    Wake up Turtle!

    The Police have guns in Baltimore. Just like them, if you or I shot a protester, we'd be arrested on the spot for murder. You could shoot a protester that was firing a gun, if you want to waste a bunch of time.
    1) having shot someone I believe I understand this area of the law better than anyone on this forum

    2) having had 30 years of experience defending first state, and then federal LEOs in shooting related matters, I believe I understand the law of deadly force better than just about anyone on this forum does


    3) unchecked looting doesn't happen much in armed areas

    example-Flordia-a Hispanic cop shot a black youth on a motorbike. The blacks went raging. but not in the cuban neighborhood. why not-Little Havana has tons of firearms per capita
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  4. #504
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Last Seen
    07-04-16 @ 09:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    631

    Re: Baltimore Police: Gangs Enter Partnership to ‘Take-Out’ Officers [W:99]

    This "Off Topic" nonsense happened to me about 6 months ago and I just walked away from these forums. (I've only returned a week ago.)

    And the reason I returned is because some member asked me to return.

    Half the conversation within this thread thus far deals with racism/injustice of one sort or another, and then when I add a link to "Case Studies" of racism in society, it is off topic.

    I think that the owners of these forums should be damn awful thankful that there are people investing time and effort contributing here, when there are a zillion other choices of participating in conversations or debates and commentary all over Mouse Land. You folks need not worry too much about drifting a bit off topic. You are only succeeding in encouraging people to leave with such strict adherence rules. Any word anybody posts here within these forums is an advertisement of sorts. If it were not for people contributing content here, Google would have nothing to show as "Search Results". The more content, the more likely this forum will appear in Google Search results and thus perhaps add more contributors.

    But if the rules here are so strict that a moderator is that "Quibbly" and is going to harass folks about being slightly off topic, I am going to just leave again. You can find somebody else to donate a half hour of his time each day to add some content to this forum or this website.

    And For Free!!!!

    Seems to me that the only "Cherished" debate here in these forums is between Two Republicans so that at least they are on the same page, so to speak.

    But, is there no room or respect for a Democrat/Republican debate? Most every comment seems like a Drive-By personal attack or insult.

    Calm

    I will delete the file from my server. The link will no longer be active.
    Last edited by calm; 05-04-15 at 09:06 PM.

  5. #505
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,428

    Re: Baltimore Police: Gangs Enter Partnership to ‘Take-Out’ Officers [W:99]

    Quote Originally Posted by calm View Post
    This "Off Topic" nonsense happened to me about 6 months ago and I just walked away from these forums. (I've only returned a week ago.)

    And the reason I returned is because some member asked me to return.

    Half the conversation within this thread thus far deals with racism/injustice of one sort or another, and then when I add a link to "Case Studies" of racism in society, it is off topic.

    I think that the owners of these forums should be damn awful thankful that there are people investing time and effort contributing here, when there are a zillion other choices of participating in conversations or debates and commentary all over Mouse Land. You folks need not worry too much about drifting a bit off topic. You are only succeeding in encouraging people to leave with such strict adherence rules. Any word anybody posts here within these forums is an advertisement of sorts. If it were not for people contributing content here, Google would have nothing to show as "Search Results". The more content, the more likely this forum will appear in Google Search results and thus perhaps add more contributors.

    But if the rules here are so strict that a moderator is that "Quibbly" and is going to harass folks about being slightly off topic, I am going to just leave again. You can find somebody else to donate a half hour of his time each day to add some content to this forum or this website.

    And For Free!!!!

    Seems to me that the only "Cherished" debate here in these forums is between Two Republicans so that at least they are on the same page, so to speak.

    But, is there no room or respect for a Democrat/Republican debate? Most every comment seems like a Drive-By personal attack or insult.

    Calm

    I will delete the file from my server. The link will no longer be active.
    Off topic is a distraction from what is being discussed even if tertiary.
    Sorry you do not acknowledge that.
    The simple solution, and the most obvious one, is for you to start topics to discuss that which you want.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  6. #506
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Last Seen
    07-04-16 @ 09:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    631

    Re: Baltimore Police: Gangs Enter Partnership to ‘Take-Out’ Officers [W:99]

    So the formality within these forums is to sort of act as if I was at the Washington Post or New York Times and to comment on a particular story (or what we call a thread here in these forums) as though I was commenting at these online news sites?

    Obviously; if I was at the Post or at the Times, I would not be commenting about the ongoing nuclear disaster in Japan if the story was about Syria, as an example.

    But I might post a comment at the newspaper websites and below a story about Syria and then detail how I thought that the nuclear disaster in Japan was a more serious threat to humanity than a few heads being cut off in Syria and Iraq. Would the online newspapers (or you) consider this type of comment to be off topic because the topic was about Syria only?

    When somebody begins a thread here within these forums ..... Do they sort of own the thread? Do they sort of "Patrol" the thread for what they consider "Violations"?

    Do you view your own thread as a "Conversation" and which you will control?

    If I wanted to begin a conversation dealing with the same topic of sorts, and perhaps I just chose to title the thread "Baltimore Riot", would it not be sort of saying that people can have a conversation with me or with you? Because we are both interested in the same topic, except you titled yours differently.

    Or do we all try and work together and in one thread regardless of who actually began the thread or topic? And we all just give our views as the events in Baltimore continue?

    That is what I can't figure out.

    Of course I knew that I could start my own thread dealing with the Baltimore Riot. And I very well would of if you had not began one yourself. So, I just jumped into the mix rather than begin my own thread. I could care less who first raised the topic, I am only interested in the topic itself. And the topic is about what is happening in Baltimore.

    Calm
    Last edited by calm; 05-05-15 at 10:08 AM.

  7. #507
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,428

    Re: Baltimore Police: Gangs Enter Partnership to ‘Take-Out’ Officers [W:99]

    Quote Originally Posted by calm​ View Post
    Of course I knew that I could start my own thread dealing with the Baltimore Riot.
    Obviously not.

    Quote Originally Posted by calm​ View Post
    And the topic is about what is happening in Baltimore.
    No, the topic is about a specif incident.
    Not bs about stingray towers.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •