Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 168

Thread: Russian hackers read Obama's unclassified emails last year: NYT......

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Russian hackers read Obama's unclassified emails last year: NYT......

    Oh this just gets better and better. Now BO and his Team are admitting that the Russians have been getting to BO's unclassified emails. Do you recall BO grinning as he admitted he had emails from Hillary and emailed her back. All while Hillary said no official business were in her private emails. That she was never hacked. Sure is starting to look like Hillary gave up more than just a breach to National Security, doesn't it? Even worse was BO and his Team thinking they could keep this hidden. What say ye?






    Russian hackers who penetrated sensitive parts of the White House computer system last year read President Barack Obama's unclassified emails, the New York Times reported on Saturday, quoting U.S. officials. There is no evidence that the president's email account itself was hacked, White House officials said. Still, the fact that some of Mr. Obama's communications were among those retrieved by hackers has been one of the most closely held findings of the inquiry," the paper said.

    The New York Times said on Saturday the breach had been "far more intrusive and worrisome than has been publicly acknowledged." It said that although no classified networks had been compromised, officials conceded that the unclassified system still contains highly sensitive information such as email exchanges with diplomats, exchanges about personnel moves and legislation, presidential schedules and discussion about policy.

    The paper said that Senior White House officials had known for months about the depth of the intrusion.....snip~

    http://news.yahoo.com/russian-hacker...000128330.html

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    39,339

    Re: Russian hackers read Obama's unclassified emails last year: NYT......

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Oh this just gets better and better. Now BO and his Team are admitting that the Russians have been getting to BO's unclassified emails. Do you recall BO grinning as he admitted he had emails from Hillary and emailed her back. All while Hillary said no official business were in her private emails. That she was never hacked. Sure is starting to look like Hillary gave up more than just a breach to National Security, doesn't it? Even worse was BO and his Team thinking they could keep this hidden. What say ye?






    Russian hackers who penetrated sensitive parts of the White House computer system last year read President Barack Obama's unclassified emails, the New York Times reported on Saturday, quoting U.S. officials. There is no evidence that the president's email account itself was hacked, White House officials said. Still, the fact that some of Mr. Obama's communications were among those retrieved by hackers has been one of the most closely held findings of the inquiry," the paper said.

    The New York Times said on Saturday the breach had been "far more intrusive and worrisome than has been publicly acknowledged." It said that although no classified networks had been compromised, officials conceded that the unclassified system still contains highly sensitive information such as email exchanges with diplomats, exchanges about personnel moves and legislation, presidential schedules and discussion about policy.

    The paper said that Senior White House officials had known for months about the depth of the intrusion.....snip~

    Russian hackers read Obama's unclassified emails last year: NYT
    That would probably mean that the Russians knew Obama's strategy and limits in Syria, Ukraine and Iran to mention a few tender spots.

  3. #3
    geo liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    62,068

    Re: Russian hackers read Obama's unclassified emails last year: NYT......

    Russian hackers who penetrated sensitive parts of the White House computer system last year read President Barack Obama's unclassified emails,
    Wait, what?

    That's breaking into a bank to make a deposit.

  4. #4
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,118
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Russian hackers read Obama's unclassified emails last year: NYT......

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Wait, what?

    That's breaking into a bank to make a deposit.
    How do you figure that?

    Seems to me that the policy going forward needs to be "No private email accounts for executive branch while in office".

    Would rather that they sift out and filter the private emails from the official email account prior to archiving rather than the reverse, as we have seen in the Clinton example, and example of how to do it exactly completely wrong (on purpose for her part).
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  5. #5
    geo liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    62,068

    Re: Russian hackers read Obama's unclassified emails last year: NYT......

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    How do you figure that?

    Seems to me that the policy going forward needs to be "No private email accounts for executive branch while in office".
    You seem to misunderstand. Unclassified -meaning not sensitive- emails were read by hackers. His private email account was not sniffed, nor were any classified(+) emails. The only evidence of any security breach is the article's claim that "sensitive areas were penetrated".

  6. #6
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,118
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Russian hackers read Obama's unclassified emails last year: NYT......

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You seem to misunderstand. Unclassified -meaning open to the public- emails were read by hackers. His private email account was not sniffed. The only evidence of any security breach is the article's claim that "sensitive areas were penetrated".
    I understand the difference, and I can also understand that classified information can easily be leaked in private emails just by their off hand mentioning in private emails. I think the position / policy I suggest is a reasonable one.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Wait, what?

    That's breaking into a bank to make a deposit.
    How is it hacking / sniffing Obama's private email and the breach of "sensitive areas were penetrated" is like "breaking into a bank to make a deposit"?

    Please elaborate.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  7. #7
    geo liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    62,068

    Re: Russian hackers read Obama's unclassified emails last year: NYT......

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    I understand the difference, and I can also understand that classified information can easily be leaked in private emails just by their off hand mentioning in private emails. I think the position / policy I suggest is a reasonable one.
    I'm not sure what your policy would entail. You mean no non-state use of emails, or no use of email by the individual?

    How is it hacking / sniffing Obama's private email and the breach of "sensitive areas were penetrated" is like "breaking into a bank to make a deposit"?

    Please elaborate.
    They've "penetrated sensitive areas" only to leave their signature, having gathered nothing of any significance whatsoever. Obviously not professionals; if so, then betrayed.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Russian hackers read Obama's unclassified emails last year: NYT......

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Wait, what?

    That's breaking into a bank to make a deposit.


    Mornin Eco. Seems the Russians have been doing it regularly. More than likely after the Romanian hacker got into Sidney Blumenthal's account and then scooped up Hillary and used her to get others email accounts.

  9. #9
    geo liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    62,068

    Re: Russian hackers read Obama's unclassified emails last year: NYT......

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Mornin Eco. Seems the Russians have been doing it regularly. More than likely after the Romanian hacked got into Sidney Blumenthal's account and then scooped up Hillary and used her to get others email accounts.
    If it's "the Russians", they've been betrayed (or set up). One doesn't leave a sig in "sensitive areas" to get nothing on purpose.

  10. #10
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,118
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Russian hackers read Obama's unclassified emails last year: NYT......

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'm not sure what your policy would entail. You mean no non-state use of emails, or no use of email by the individual?
    No private email account to be used while in office. Period. All emails through the official email account only.

    Would rather sift though an entire and complete record of all email communication and filter off / retain privacy of the private emails (still retained in the official record but held private), rather than the way that Hillary arranged it, completely circumventing any official review.

    Rather like I believe Kerry's doing it now (but maybe not).

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    They've "penetrated sensitive areas" only to leave their signature, having gathered nothing of any significance whatsoever.
    OK. Gotcha. Fair enough.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •