Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 452

Thread: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent [W:437]

  1. #71
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,900

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Me? Cynical? I thought I was just being a realist.
    And you believe that the two are mutually exclusive?

  2. #72
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Facts always work better than speculation don't you think ?

    Panic sells and the people currently earning their coin peddling this AGW BS know it.

    how does posting the time of singular local records indicate anything about the trend in long term global averages?

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Some people just like being scared and having some authority take them by the hand and lead them to what they want to be the true path of righteousness. Cossetted middle class Western lifestyles are too safe for them and they need a threat. Eco panics come and go and this current one has almost run its course. Hundreds of billions being squandered in the process

    and some people actually have studied math and science beyond middle school.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    Jeez, another conservative GLOBAL WARMING IS WRONG EVEN IF IT ISN'T thread.

    Look, I don't know for sure one way or another. But running around screaming that there is no way there is global warming sounds awfully silly.

    When cons start saying 'there is evidence that global warming is possible but potentially not as bad as feared' - then I might pay attention.
    But this foaming at the mouth, global warming is a lie nonsense is just silly.

    An idiot can see that there is global warming to some extent...now is that extent serious or relatively trivial? That is where the discussion should begin.
    Not with complete denial.

    And please leave the partisan crap out of it - again, goes to credibility.


    Btw - I am neither lib nor con.

  5. #75
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Jeez, another conservative GLOBAL WARMING IS WRONG EVEN IF IT ISN'T thread.

    Look, I don't know for sure one way or another. But running around screaming that there is no way there is global warming sounds awfully silly.

    When cons start saying 'there is evidence that global warming is possible but potentially not as bad as feared' - then I might pay attention.
    But this foaming at the mouth, global warming is a lie nonsense is just silly.

    An idiot can see that there is global warming to some extent...now is that extent serious or relatively trivial? That is where the discussion should begin.
    Not with complete denial.

    And please leave the partisan crap out of it - again, goes to credibility.


    Btw - I am neither lib nor con.
    Perhaps you could start with avoiding the term "cons" when demanding people avoid the partisan crap. Goes to credibility. Take the time to type it out, or use a different reference. It's pretty well established what is attempting to be implied by the using the word.

  6. #76
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,745

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Here are 'Joe Blow's' (the author of the graph) qualifications to comment on the subject.

    Roy W. Spencer received his Ph.D. in meteorology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1981. Before becoming a Principal Research Scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville in 2001, he was a Senior Scientist for Climate Studies at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, where he and Dr. John Christy received NASA’s Exceptional Scientific Achievement Medal for their global temperature monitoring work with satellites. Dr. Spencer’s work with NASA continues as the U.S. Science Team leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer flying on NASA’s Aqua satellite. He has provided congressional testimony several times on the subject of global warming.

    Dr. Spencer’s research has been entirely supported by U.S. government agencies: NASA, NOAA, and DOE. He has never been asked by any oil company to perform any kind of service. Not even Exxon-Mobil.

    About | Roy Spencer, PhD.

    Vs the real world the climate models this whole panic is entirely based on are basically sh*t by whatever real world measure you choose to judge them by. Nuff said

    It's amazing you'd produce Joe Blow's creds from Joeblow.com. That bit of wanton brazen naivete aside, how do we know he hasn't gone bonkers since then?

    And the bold part? CT dog-whistle, except it makes an ugly noise.

  7. #77
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,971
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I don't worry about it....Check out my sweet new truck....

    Attachment 67183596
    Nice!

    How about a 6" lowering kit? Naa, that'd prolly be too much.
    With speed, you're going to need some handling, right?
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  8. #78
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,863
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    I've been telling ya'll AGW is BS for what? 7+ YEARS. I've known this to be true since before the turn of the Century. Lot's of BS, wrapped around political grandstanding all with money flowing is not science. That's all the whole "GLOBAL WARMING" thing has been.
    People worry about sea level rises? Go take a look around there world. There are port cities that are miles inland... now, and others that are submerged and lost to time. How ever did that happen if we are only just now destroying the earth with CO2?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #79
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,678

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Some people just like being scared and having some authority take them by the hand and lead them to what they want to be the true path of righteousness. Cossetted middle class Western lifestyles are too safe for them and they need a threat. Eco panics come and go and this current one has almost run its course. Hundreds of billions being squandered in the process
    Do they not understand that they're getting fleeced ? Scammed ? Taken advantage of ?

    Something tells me that the Pro-AGW lobby as a percentage is far more sucseptible to those Nigerian lottery scams than the rest of us.

    They would trade their hard earned money for a perception based on fraud.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Perhaps you could start with avoiding the term "cons" when demanding people avoid the partisan crap. Goes to credibility. Take the time to type it out, or use a different reference. It's pretty well established what is attempting to be implied by the using the word.
    But I didn't see anything partisan in that, just equality of criticism. "Lib" isn't exactly an endearing term.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •