Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 452

Thread: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent [W:437]

  1. #441
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I'm sure they do. Its just that we do not know what they are. If we do not know the causes of these dozens of natural changes over recent millenia then how can we determine that todays isn't just another one of them ?



    Well then genius there have been around two dozen natural warming phases at least as warm or warmer than today since the last glaciation. Please enlighten us (and the whole scientific community) with your explanation for such events ?

    This is just the last 4000 years

    Kobashi 2011

    Attachment 67183762

    http://www.leif.org/EOS/2011GL049444.pdf

    At what time point on that plot did man begin using more than 1/2 of the known CLHC's in the world to begin building the intrastructure and cities in their current (climate compatible) locations?

  2. #442
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,995

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    At what time point on that plot did man begin using more than 1/2 of the known CLHC's in the world to begin building the intrastructure and cities in their current (climate compatible) locations?
    Can you not read graphs then ? Man clearly has little or nothing to do with the post glacial temperature variations, many of which have been far more dramatic than that which we see today.

  3. #443
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Can you not read graphs then ? Man clearly has little or nothing to do with the post glacial temperature variations, many of which have been far more dramatic than that which we see today.
    Can you not read what I wrote?

  4. #444
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,995

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    Can you not read what I wrote?
    The onus is on you to prove that todays temperatures are unprecedented or unnatural and that man must therefore be culpable. I've just demonstrated that they aren't and therefore he isn't. How much clearer an illustration do you require ?

  5. #445
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    28,950

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    The onus is on you to prove that todays temperatures are unprecedented or unnatural and that man must therefore be culpable. I've just demonstrated that they aren't and therefore he isn't. How much clearer an illustration do you require ?
    Fanatics don't care about evidence. They will keep the faith, even when their case goes down in flames.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #446
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    The onus is on you to prove that todays temperatures are unprecedented or unnatural and that man must therefore be culpable. I've just demonstrated that they aren't and therefore he isn't. How much clearer an illustration do you require ?
    Nothing you just said has ANYTHING to do with what I wrote in the comment you responded to.

  7. #447
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,995

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    Nothing you just said has ANYTHING to do with what I wrote in the comment you responded to.
    If you are unable to read a graph scale then I cannot help you out . I've made my case and have absolutely no interest in playing dodgeball with you.

  8. #448
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,995

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Fanatics don't care about evidence. They will keep the faith, even when their case goes down in flames.
    I think some people just hate humans. Over the last 30 years or so the whole environmental movement has become like that sadly

  9. #449
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-27-16 @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,748

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I'm sure they do. Its just that we do not know what they are. If we do not know the causes of these dozens of natural changes over recent millenia then how can we determine that todays isn't just another one of them ?



    Well then genius there have been around two dozen natural warming phases at least as warm or warmer than today since the last glaciation. Please enlighten us (and the whole scientific community) with your explanation for such events ?

    This is just the last 4000 years

    Kobashi 2011

    Attachment 67183762

    http://www.leif.org/EOS/2011GL049444.pdf
    That's the problem with your level of understanding, guy - with the great majority (and perhaps all) of the big climactic changes, we DO know what almost certainly caused them.
    “To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  10. #450
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,995

    Re: Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    That's the problem with your level of understanding, guy - with the great majority (and perhaps all) of the big climactic changes, we DO know what almost certainly caused them.
    Please enlighten us then ? You have dozens of post glacial peaks and troughs to choose from

Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •