Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 366

Thread: Senate confirms lynch as attorney general. 10 "republicans" vote for her

  1. #311
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    80,250

    Re: Senate confirms lynch as attorney general. 10 "republicans" vote for her

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your adoption of another poster's post pretty much said that.
    Another poster?!?!?!?!? I speak for myself. Period.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #312
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,934

    Re: Senate confirms lynch as attorney general. 10 "republicans" vote for her

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    she was, Lynch was not. read what I said
    She was the top federal prosecutor in Brooklyn. Look it up.

    You still haven't come up with a single reason. Just admit the real reason you don't like her TD.

  3. #313
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    80,250

    Re: Senate confirms lynch as attorney general. 10 "republicans" vote for her

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you support the democrat imposed racial spoils system. I do not. and I tire of the Democrat party engaging in activity that furthers racial divides
    Please go back and read again - this time with an open mind. I have stated over and over again that I favor the absolute best being admitted to colleges with no preferences for anyone - and that includes legacies - athletes - musicians - minorities - or anyone else. I really do NOT care if the entire incoming class at some school is made up Asian females... or white males ..... or black transgender folks.... as long as they are the best according to the academic standard agreed upon.

    It would be honest and refreshing if you spoke to what I and other posters actually say rather than doing battle with strawmen and constant Democratic Party demonizations.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #314
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,198

    Re: Senate confirms lynch as attorney general. 10 "republicans" vote for her

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    She was the top federal prosecutor in Brooklyn. Look it up.

    You still haven't come up with a single reason. Just admit the real reason you don't like her TD.
    i seem to remember a time when Democratic Senators refused to let the confirmation of a Supreme Court nominee go forward simply because they didn't like him.

  5. #315
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,934

    Re: Senate confirms lynch as attorney general. 10 "republicans" vote for her

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoVlaming View Post
    i seem to remember a time when Democratic Senators refused to let the confirmation of a Supreme Court nominee go forward simply because they didn't like him.
    And? That has nothing to do with what TD is saying. He is saying that she was unqualified and only appointed because she's a black affirmative action hire. I'm asking for evidence of his claim.

  6. #316
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,198

    Re: Senate confirms lynch as attorney general. 10 "republicans" vote for her

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    And? That has nothing to do with what TD is saying. He is saying that she was unqualified and only appointed because she's a black affirmative action hire. I'm asking for evidence of his claim.
    And you agree that disliking a nominee is a perfectly valid reason not to confirm him/her?

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    11-19-15 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Senate confirms lynch as attorney general. 10 "republicans" vote for her

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I love when this subject comes up and the same folks stumble forward to tell us how unfair and downright unAmericans affirmative actions programs are aimed at African Americans and other minorities but then fall all over themselves to justify AA programs like legacy admissions for rich white kids simply because its all a matter of whose oxe is being gored.

    .
    Legacy programs are not govt-mandated. AA is. THINK

  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    11-19-15 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Senate confirms lynch as attorney general. 10 "republicans" vote for her

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Racist and elitist trash. You couldn't qualify to hang her lifetime achievement certificates on her office wall.
    HAHAHA. As usual, all the left has is namcalling. Even they know it's indefensible to have an AG who says illegal invaders have a right to work here.

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    11-19-15 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Senate confirms lynch as attorney general. 10 "republicans" vote for her

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post


    That's a baseless claim. Literally without any foundation. You have offered not even a whiff of evidence, not even an attempt at a persuasive case, for that assertion. Your evidence that she got those jobs solely because of her race is SHE is BLACK. That's it. The underlying assumption in your argument is black women cannot rise to power based on their own merits.
    Liberals are knocking down straw men again. She didn't get the job SOLELY because she is black. But it was a big factor and that is as wrong as anything can be.

  10. #320
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,804

    Re: Senate confirms lynch as attorney general. 10 "republicans" vote for her

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoVlaming View Post
    i seem to remember a time when Democratic Senators refused to let the confirmation of a Supreme Court nominee go forward simply because they didn't like him.
    and worse yet they obstructed the appointment of uber-qualified (all four living Democrat Party Solicitor Generals as well as the ABA gave him top recommendations) Miguel Estrada for an Appellate Court seat because they didn't want Bush later appointing him to the USSC as a Latino
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •