Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 162

Thread: Pregnant Popeyes worker fired after armed robbery

  1. #51
    Sage

    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    near Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,587

    Re: Pregnant Popeyes worker fired after armed robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Pregnant Popeyes worker fired after armed robbery

    Gotta wonder if the $400 was worth the publicity? I like their chicken, but mercy me, not the brightest move on their part.

    how stupid is that manager?

    the employee has zero liability regarding theft like that

    a number of years ago, one of my employees (our courier) was robbed just as he entered the bank with the deposits

    the robbery was going on, and the perps saw him holding the deposit bag, and took that with them also

    robberies happen....that is why businesses carry insurance

    money is replaceable.....
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  2. #52
    Sage

    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    near Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,587

    Re: Pregnant Popeyes worker fired after armed robbery

    just read rest of thread

    if she was the shift manager, and failed to do the cash drops now, and previously

    then that changes some of the story

    i would give her an option

    a. pay back the difference between what was stolen, and what should have been in cash drawer at time....and remedial training that she must attend

    b. getting a pink slip

    managers are held to a higher standard than regular employees....she knew the rules and failed to live up to them

    and as her boss, i think i would want her to choose option b......
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  3. #53
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-04-16 @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Pregnant Popeyes worker fired after armed robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    how stupid is that manager?

    the employee has zero liability regarding theft like that

    a number of years ago, one of my employees (our courier) was robbed just as he entered the bank with the deposits

    the robbery was going on, and the perps saw him holding the deposit bag, and took that with them also

    robberies happen....that is why businesses carry insurance

    money is replaceable.....
    Was your courier ignoring your instructions repeatedly?

  4. #54
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Pregnant Popeyes worker fired after armed robbery

    Wow. That some here defend asking her to pay back money from an armed robbery? Stunning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...

  5. #55
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-04-16 @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Pregnant Popeyes worker fired after armed robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Wow. That some here defend asking her to pay back money from an armed robbery? Stunning.
    It seems odd that some are defending her incompetence

  6. #56
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Pregnant Popeyes worker fired after armed robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    It seems odd that some are defending her incompetence
    Who did that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...

  7. #57
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    46,817

    Re: Pregnant Popeyes worker fired after armed robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    It seems odd that some are defending her incompetence
    Nobody is doing that. Why would you make this up?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  8. #58
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    50,406

    Re: Pregnant Popeyes worker fired after armed robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    While I understand your point, until such time one can prove she was involved, Popeye's looks pretty clueless. The idea that someone pay back money stolen by an armed robber is beyond stupid. Think about what you are really telling people. You are in essence telling them it's their money and they better protect it.
    I think that's the real rub in this. The fact is, they could have just straight up fired her since she had multiple violations of performance when it came to money drops, apparently. This time her lack of diligence cost the company more than it normally would have under "standard" robbery (not a good way to phrase that). But saying pay back or get fired is where the public opinion is going to change direction.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #59
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,235

    Re: Pregnant Popeyes worker fired after armed robbery

    The town nearest where I live is a high-crime area.


    Deep down in the 'hood is a store called Biggerstaffs'. Been there for about half a century. Run by one family.


    Biggerstaffs' is both a convenience store, and a lunch counter, and a check-cashing place. Around the first of the month they probably have more than $100,000 on hand, much of it in the registers from what I've seen.

    The cash register area is not surrounded by bullet proof glass or metal cage.


    Biggerstaffs has never been robbed. Nobody has even tried it.


    Why?

    Mr. Biggerstaff and his brother wear Glock .45s openly on their hips, with stacks of spare loaded mags on the counter behind them, and rumor says Ms. Biggerstaff has a 12 gauge behind the lunch counter.


    No trouble there.


    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #60
    Actually I am.

    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,388

    Re: Pregnant Popeyes worker fired after armed robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    The town nearest where I live is a high-crime area.


    Deep down in the 'hood is a store called Biggerstaffs'. Been there for about half a century. Run by one family.


    Biggerstaffs' is both a convenience store, and a lunch counter, and a check-cashing place. Around the first of the month they probably have more than $100,000 on hand, much of it in the registers from what I've seen.

    The cash register area is not surrounded by bullet proof glass or metal cage.


    Biggerstaffs has never been robbed. Nobody has even tried it.


    Why?

    Mr. Biggerstaff and his brother wear Glock .45s openly on their hips, with stacks of spare loaded mags on the counter behind them, and rumor says Ms. Biggerstaff has a 12 gauge behind the lunch counter.


    No trouble there.

    There are so many jokes and innuendo in this post.

    I'll just behave and leave it like it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug
    Asking Sarah Palin to head up the Department of Education is like asking Hitler to head up a human rights advocacy group.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •