Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 484

Thread: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury[W:216]

  1. #411
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Where do you get that it "fell" out of his pocket?

    No, that is for what he was arrested.
    His suspicious activity was enough to give chase and detain to investigate further.
    Then finding the illegal knife on him gave reason to arrest.
    Had the illegal knife not been found, he would have walked away after finding no evidence of a crime.
    Documents obtained by the Guardian show that he was charged with unlawful possession of a switch blade knife, which was found after he was detained. The documents are not clear about what led to the stop. No other charges are listed.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #412
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 08:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    29,117

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Documents obtained by the Guardian show that he was charged with unlawful possession of a switch blade knife, which was found after he was detained. The documents are not clear about what led to the stop. No other charges are listed.
    You continue to ignore the SCOTUS ruling that is clear about stopping suspicious people in high crime areas....I guess that one is inconvenient for you.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #413
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,409

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury[W:216]

    Rough ride lawsuits echo Freddie Gray case - CNN.com

    "They would slam on their brakes like every thousand feet, and to make sure that we slammed into something in the back," he said, recalling the night in 2012 that Baltimore police showed up at his house after a noise complaint.

    The situation escalated quickly, according to court documents, and he and his wife, Chrissy Abbott, ended up on the ground, cuffed, headed for the back of a police wagon just like the one that transported Freddie Gray before he died.


    "They throw you in and it's dark in there and so you can't really see anything," he said. "...I would hear Chrissy from the other side, slamming into the wall and just crying out."
    She was on the other side of a metal partition.


    "Every time he broke or hit on the brakes, I would slam forward and then he'd start driving again, slam back the other way," Abbott said. "I felt less than human, the way they treated you."



  4. #414
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You continue to ignore the SCOTUS ruling that is clear about stopping suspicious people in high crime areas....I guess that one is inconvenient for you.
    Not at all. I don't ignore it, I disagree with it. But I'm glad to see you fall back on that considering that the knife wasn't the cause that gave chase.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #415
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury[W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    So, being free to unbelt oneself is more important than being able to escape a fire? I'm having a hard time following your point. You seem to be suggesting that it's important to not be belted in so one may escape a fire, yet one must be locked into a van so as to not be able to escape...
    Being locked in and belted in is a double whammy

  6. #416
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,338

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury[W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    You are assuming that someone killed him and intentionally.
    Not at all. I'm AM saying it's unfortunate that a man lost his life (once again) over both his own foolish decision to flee for no other reason than his own irrational fear and obvious neglect by law enforcement officials.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  7. #417
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury[W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Nah, sorry. We're not going to ignore that you feel you can selectively decide who is accorded their civil rights and who isnt.

    And he's not a hero....the cops are seen as criminals. See the difference? They are wrong to riot because they have not been PROVEN to be criminals. And they would be wrong to riot if they are not satisfied with the results of the judicial process.
    Again, the liberal argument has to make stuff up out of thin air. Gotta love liberal argumentation

  8. #418
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,927

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury[W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    Being locked in and belted in is a double whammy
    The reason you gave for not being belted in is freedom to escape an emergency. You cite the handcuffs as additional reason for NOT being belted in, since a person wouldn't be able to free themselves from the seatbelt in case if an emergency.

    This line of thought completely ignored the fact of this person being locked in the back of a van, unable to escape an emergency anyway.

    Surely, you see the pointless nature of that argument, right?
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  9. #419
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,693

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Documents obtained by the Guardian show that he was charged with unlawful possession of a switch blade knife, which was found after he was detained. The documents are not clear about what led to the stop. No other charges are listed.
    While you are pointing to documents, this is you not paying attention or ignoring all the information that has been provided on this incident.
    It was not a legal knife and was probable cause to arrest him.
    And they had probable cause to chase and detain for further investigation.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #420
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    While you are pointing to documents, this is you not paying attention or ignoring all the information that has been provided on this incident.
    It was not a legal knife and was probable cause to arrest him.
    And they had probable cause to chase and detain for further investigation.
    The knife was found after they caught him, No probable cause mr apologist.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •